Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
oct13
Radeon R420

oct13 is still being judged by the masses

Default .

Last edited by oct13 : Feb 9, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
oct13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm glad they're acknowledging they didn't get much right in WAR, and they're taking the idea of 3 sides from DAoC.

That video was like watching a drunken nerd party. I'd say they should get a professional to hype their games, but they can't seem to get rid of Barnett. He knows how to hype winning games.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:10 AM   #3
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Too bad they seem to take out the Massivly Multiplayer part out of the RPG too.

6v6v6? I think I am gonna start calling Battlefield 3 an MMOFPS due to MMORPGs lowering the standards. 3.5 times the players must feel massive.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:21 AM   #4
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

I'm in the beta for this game and I don't like it one bit.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:06 AM   #5
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

A Warhammer MMORPG with a few interesting design choices could of had a place in the market.

Never will it be realised making a generic pos will not work, and the yes men and women you employ to make it wont bother telling you either. shame - the Warhammer universe deserves justice!
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 03:39 PM   #6
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

I really enjoyed Warhammer to start with I had tons of fun in wargames and leveling and doing public quests with friends and guildies. The world looked pretty good and being a fan of warhammer classic itself drew me into its world.

It did have its bad sides however the tier'd instance like zone system was a downer and ruined the immersion, and would have been a much better game if it was more seemless like WoW. RvR Zone victory's often was decided on whichever side had the more players taking part and it was sort of dull anyway compared to the wargames, but thats a recuring issue in most MMO's world pvp. Class PvP balance was a problem when I played if you were a Bright Wizard/Sorc you could burn tank classes down in a few key strokes they were that strong and other classes were just far too weak.

But I quit it after about 3 months as its appeal didn't last. Its a shame it went down the pan but it was let down by a lot of poor design decesions imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0
King of LimboooO!
Dem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:01 PM   #7
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

I quit WAR because of the Bright Wizards. Nothing you could do as a melee DPS. They could put a few DOTs on you from 100 feet away and it would be enough to kill you.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:09 AM   #8
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

yeah loved the balancing in WAR

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Sooo, WAR is not going FTP, but instead they are making a different game based in the Warhammer world for 6v6v6 PvP game? Thread title seems to be misleading
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote