Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 8, 2021, 09:37 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Hawt damn this game looks fancy as frig. Can't wait for a few more patches so I can play it while waiting on Cyberpunk 2077 to release :3
I know right
Old Aug 9, 2021, 06:49 PM   #152
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
If you use the Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker posted earlier, you can type any desired FOV into console while keeping your native res

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2561425482

60 [default]

Read through the thread but didnt see anyone say it works with gamepass version. Has anyone tried?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2021, 01:57 AM   #153
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Probably, it can't hurt to try.

So if there was ever a game that could use HDR, this is it with all of its neon lights and such. I cbf installing win11 or win10 insiders dev build for auto HDR, so I downloaded a program called Special K and added HDR. Took a bit of messing around adjusting various parameters, but it looks fantastic.

Special K instructions:
https://discourse.differentk.fyi/t/s...wcomers/1060/3
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 10, 2021, 09:43 AM   #154
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It should be against the law to ship a game that is full of neon lights and not have HDR support.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:18 AM   #155
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Don’t know about you guys but I played it on Xbox with a 65 inch OLED and it was dope. Pretty sure HDR is also not on Xbox but the game pops like crazy on an OLED and going back to PC really made it look bland.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:48 AM   #156
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Probably, it can't hurt to try.

The app black screens my computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Don’t know about you guys but I played it on Xbox with a 65 inch OLED and it was dope. Pretty sure HDR is also not on Xbox but the game pops like crazy on an OLED and going back to PC really made it look bland.

Move the oled back to your main monitor

Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:40 PM   #157
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have another OLED that I could have connected but when I was playing patch wasn’t out so it would’ve been pointless.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 02:19 PM   #158
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It should be against the law to ship a game that is full of neon lights and not have HDR support.
I wish Roger Deakins had that same sentiments when he shot Blade Runner 2049.

What a waste.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2021, 05:56 PM   #159
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Read through the thread but didnt see anyone say it works with gamepass version. Has anyone tried?
I use Game Pass version and the unlocker every time I play.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2021, 01:44 PM   #160
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just completed this game, enjoyed it throughout with the exception of a couple sections where the difficulty spike was just too much (probably tested with co-op rather than single player). The devs nailed the cyberpunk aesthetic, with the futuristic dystopian maze like world.

It is a fairly solid title in all aspects - though the real star of the show is the environment, no doubt it's the most detailed isometric game ever released. Every area of every level has an immense amount of detail with the environments, lighting, models, characters and paraphernalia lying around. One of those games I didn't mind walking around instead of using fast travel.

I would have preferred they gave you more of the high end weapon upgrade materials, so you could upgrade more weapons to +10. Maybe have a vendor sell them, as by end game I had 900k creds and nothing to spend them on.

They should have also spread out the weapon distribution, too many of the cool weapons drop too late in the game. (also the loot bot augment should have been built into the game by default, not require an augment slot)

Ran into a few easter eggs and call outs to other games/movies, such as this cyberpunk 2077 one.

The story was fairly straightforward, nothing to write home about, decent enough for a doubleA game giving your character motivation for his journey. If you do all the quests, explore all the optional areas and collect all the rare chests you can get maybe 50 hours from this game, most of it an enjoyable experience - as long as you enjoy the twin stick shooter gameplay.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2021, 07:30 PM   #161
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks and performs really well on my PC. Pretty impressive for such a small dev shop!

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2021, 08:34 PM   #162
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Looks and performs really well on my PC. Pretty impressive for such a small dev shop!
Gotta love the Unreal Engine.

Still, great art design by the developer.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:11 PM   #163
logical
What is my purpose?

I've been playing through a lot but there so many issues. Gamepass version so here we go:
  • Weapon hud disappears when fast traveling
  • Mission enemies dont spawn
  • Guns disappearing
  • RTX doesnt work
  • Waypointing system is straight trash
  • Game doesnt tell you, you cant do a mission cause you dont have an area unlocked
  • Fov is dog ****, hard to hit enemies because of that and some camera angles

There are more but that's just off the top of my head. But, despite all that I am enjoying it.

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:14 PM   #164
KAC
It might be gays!

Sad to see the game is still not fixed on PC GP. The update on the box for GP made game playable and most bugs gone. So I finished it without issues.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:29 PM   #165
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I've been playing through a lot but there so many issues. Gamepass version so here we go:
  • Weapon hud disappears when fast traveling
  • Mission enemies dont spawn
  • Guns disappearing
  • RTX doesnt work
  • Waypointing system is straight trash
  • Game doesnt tell you, you cant do a mission cause you dont have an area unlocked
  • Fov is dog ****, hard to hit enemies because of that and some camera angles

There are more but that's just off the top of my head. But, despite all that I am enjoying it.
I am not able to change RTX settings on my Steam version. But, it sure looks like it is working in game? Am I missing something? (See my screenshot). Is it working or not? If not, it sure looks good anyway…
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:32 PM   #166
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I am not able to change RTX settings on my Steam version. But, it sure looks like it is working in game? Am I missing something? (See my screenshot). Is it working or not? If not, it sure looks good anyway…
Needs to be set to DX12. Probably a game restart too after that.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 01:07 AM   #167
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Needs to be set to DX12. Probably a game restart too after that.
DX12 takes forever to buffer, even on my system. It's too buggy in this game and RTX doesn't really add much to the visuals. Not worth the pain, DX11 is fine.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2021, 01:16 AM   #168
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
DX12 takes forever to buffer, even on my system. It's too buggy in this game and RTX doesn't really add much to the visuals. Not worth the pain, DX11 is fine.
Its not worth it yet in this game for sure, but the lighting is definitely much prettier. The reflections are ok, and i dont get the point of the ray traced ao, but the lighting is definitely nice.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 07:07 PM   #169
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

I had older Nvidia drivers is why I couldn't get ray tracing working. I tried different settings and agree it isn't really worth the hit. The lighting was improved. But sometimes too much as they lights were blinding at times. Realistic, but not so useful in this game. It performs OK until the action starts and then frames dipped. Not what you want in this game. I went back to settings that have a locked 60 FPS again. It still looks great.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 03:34 PM   #170
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

These poor devs. I think they're a team of just 11 people... gotta feel for them.

The Ascent's Latest Update May Have Broken The Game Even More
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2021, 04:23 PM   #171
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah, I ran into a bug that prevented me from finishing a mission (was one of those "defend an area for 3 minutes"). I defended the area, barely survived, then...nothing. Ran around for 5 minutes looking for a stuck enemy but found nothing. Ended up having to exit the game and try again. Ugh...

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2021, 01:47 AM   #172
logical
What is my purpose?

Finished it. I think I would give this a 6 out of 10. Too many technical issues with the game pass version and also game is pretty shallow and repetitive by the end.