Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:14 AM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Wondering if you guys might know this.

I cannot backup my save game onto a USB stick for some reason. In the PS3 savegame utility Demon's Souls is grayed out. A quick Google search is telling me Demon's Souls is a "copy protected savegame" and can only be backed up through the PlayStation Plus cloud. This true?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:50 AM   #392
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Don't know tbh. Mine is set to backup to the cloud (I think lol) , never tried a usb stick.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:51 AM   #393
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Wondering if you guys might know this.

I cannot backup my save game onto a USB stick for some reason. In the PS3 savegame utility Demon's Souls is grayed out. A quick Google search is telling me Demon's Souls is a "copy protected savegame" and can only be backed up through the PlayStation Plus cloud. This true?
Yup. Some developers restricted the ability to backup to USB because of save file hacking.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:08 AM   #394
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Damn. I think I would go on a rampage if my NG+ save file was ever lost due to my PS3 dieing or something.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:18 AM   #395
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Damn. I think I would go on a rampage if my NG+ save file was ever lost due to my PS3 dieing or something.
Yeah having my FAT PS3 go on me justified my PS+ subscription. The fact that it backs up all my saves to the cloud automatically is such a great feature.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:16 PM   #396
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I just have absolutely no other use for PS+ though. So even at only a few bucks a month its still not worth having for me.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:50 PM   #397
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
I just have absolutely no other use for PS+ though. So even at only a few bucks a month its still not worth having for me.
Free games and automatic update/backup makes it worth it for me.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 02:53 PM   #398
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Free games and automatic update/backup makes it worth it for me.
Yep, same here. I may not be a fan of all the games available, but being able to play for free is just phenomenal. As well as that backup. I'd be a teeny bit upset if I lost my progress on DeS and The Last Of Us...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:39 PM   #399
gamekill
keep gaming!

gamekill is still being judged by the masses

I lost my Demons Souls savegame because of this stupid "protected file" system a few years ago.
My old 60gb model died and even though I managed to temporarily turn it back on to backup my savegames, I found out about this annoyance the hard way.

I was so dumbed down that I never again found the motivation to play through the whole game (I had a level-90s Barbarian at the time and was roughly at 70% of game completion).

|| ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
||____________________________________________________________________________________________
gamekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:53 PM   #400
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I've got a PS3 slim, it gets used relatively lightly since I'm primarily a PC gamer. But I suppose the risk is always there.

Man, this kind of sucks. I don't want to have to pay just to have the ability to backup my saves. I have absolutely no use for PS+ other than that. I don't give a crap about their free games since I either already own them, or don't want them.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:00 PM   #401
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I don't think I would have gotten the subscription for that feature alone either.

gamekill - that's a whole lot of built up barbarian to lose
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:06 PM   #402
gamekill
keep gaming!

gamekill is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
gamekill - that's a whole lot of built up barbarian to lose
Yeah it was SAD lol

|| ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
||____________________________________________________________________________________________
gamekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:10 PM   #403
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah my barbarian was SL87 when I completed the game, and I felt like it was a pretty thorough playthrough. By the end I was overpowered again, as I was in my first DaS playthrough.

I now feel like I could probably rip through this game in less than 30 hours for a second playthrough, and less than a SL40 build.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:12 PM   #404
Lazy8s
One day at a time

The difference between me and you guys is...I'm hopelessly addicted to the souls games.

If I lose savegames I'll just happily play it all over again.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:14 PM   #405
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well yeah, I at least now already completed the game once so its not as bad for me if I lost my save.

I do however want to hold onto it for the eventual NG+ playthrough though. If I lost the save I wouldn't want to play it all over again any time soon. I love the game, just don't have that kind of time.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:20 PM   #406
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yeah, time is getting tight this time of year for me too. Still taking a week off in March for DaS2 though.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:22 PM   #407
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Haha yeah I used to take vacation time for highly anticipated new releases.

Back before I was married, and still living in my parents' house. But I suppose when I reach the golden age I'll be able to do that again too.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:24 PM   #408
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Always got to take the age shot....
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:31 PM   #409
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Just messing with ya...

I am just jealous. I wish I had the time to put into getting the most out of these games like you do, and still be able to do everything else. Sadly, I started this DeS playthrough back in the summer. Off and on until this past week I finally finished it.

Not enough hours in the day...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 01:33 PM   #410
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Just messing with ya...

I am just jealous. I wish I had the time to put into getting the most out of these games like you do, and still be able to do everything else. Sadly, I started this DeS playthrough back in the summer. Off and on until this past week I finally finished it.

Not enough hours in the day
Honestly man, if it weren't for my messed up sleep schedule I wouldn't get the time I do. I'd much rather sleep til 5 every morning, but no.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 02:09 PM   #411
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I get bummed out at times knowing there's a whole other aspect to these games with PvP, but I know I don't have the time to dedicate to getting any good at it so I don't bother.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 02:12 PM   #412
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I've been doing almost 100% pvp for a while now - got a darkwraith build for infinite invasions and, well, hackers suck, but there's still a lot of good players just looking for good fun too. Usually wind up chatting with them later if it was a good fight, or something really odd like last night. Got summoned for co-op, but turned red and showed invasion instead lol.

Screwy, but still fun.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 01:10 AM   #413
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

I just found out that there's recently been a Demon's Souls revival. I'll have to check if there is still some action taking place.

Some nice co-op action from mr. pvp Peeve Peeverson:
lviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 05:36 AM   #414
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Last time I ran through the game it was pretty active. I've really been getting into pvp in the other game. Winning a lot, but there's a new hack that's becoming very prevalent so I may ditch pvp in that altogether. It's that bad.

Won't take me long to piece together a viable pvp build in this one.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 05:47 AM   #415
lviz
On my way

Do some PS3 DaS pvp builds. What good are the better graphics if the game itself is ruined... Blighttown is bad on PS3, but it doesn't take many minutes to run through it to ring the bell.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 05:52 AM   #416
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yep, I'm going to have to do that. Man I really hate hackers.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:44 PM   #417
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
Do some PS3 DaS pvp builds. What good are the better graphics if the game itself is ruined... Blighttown is bad on PS3, but it doesn't take many minutes to run through it to ring the bell.
The 60 fps is more of a loss to me than the nicer graphics. Its the one thing that urked me the whole way through DeS.

I agree though, its worth it if you can avoid ****** ass hackers.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:54 PM   #418
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
The 60 fps is more of a loss to me than the nicer graphics. Its the one thing that urked me the whole way through DeS.

I agree though, its worth it if you can avoid ****** ass hackers.
Theres a new hack going around. I think it uses the stone giant greatsword, but hackers can curse a player without ever fighting them. It's an instant kill regardless of how much hp you have, and it also leaves the player cursed.

I ran into 2 last night in less than 10 minutes in the depths.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 01:05 PM   #419
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Luckily you can always play the console version.

Hacking is non-existant on PS3, or just not as bad?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 01:36 PM   #420
lviz
On my way

Quote:
Luckily you can always play the console version.

Hacking is non-existant on PS3, or just not as bad?
I think that it is non-existent, at least I've never encountered any suspicious characters.