Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Default Dell is cancelling Alienware gaming PC shipments to several US states

Quote:
Orders placed in California, Hawaii, and four other states will not be honored because of power consumption regulations.

For the time being, Dell is no longer shipping certain Alienware Aurora R12 and R10 gaming PC configurations to half a dozen US states because those product lines potentially fall out of bounds of newly adopted energy efficiency requirements.

When attempting to configure one of those systems, a warning message appears in bold red lettering to alert buyers that their order will not be honored if the destination resides in one of the affected states. This was first spotted by Marie Oakes, an independent content creator who highlighted the disclaimer on Twitter.

"This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states. Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled," the message states.

The Aurora R12 and R10 are built around the latest generation processors from Intel and AMD, the former featuring 11th Gen Core Rocket Lake CPUs and the latter wielding Ryzen 5000 series chips based on Zen 3.

Unfortunately for both Dell and buyers who reside in affected states, the majority of Aurora R12 and R10 configurations consume more power than local regulations allow. There are exceptions, though.

On the Aurora R12 page, the second cheapest configuration ($1,156) outfitted with a Core i5 11400F, GeForce GTX 1650 Super, 8GB of single-channel DDR4-3200 RAM, and 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD "complies with CES power consumption regulations" and "ships to ALL states." The five other customizable starting points do not. Oddly enough, that includes a cheaper setup which drops the 256GB SSD from the mix, adding a thirstier hard drive, but is otherwise the same.

There are seven customizable setups on the Aurora R10 product page, and once again, only the second cheapest config indicates it ships to all US states. It includes a Ryzen 5 5600X, Radeon RX 5600, 8GB of single-channel DDR4-3200 RAM, and 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD.

In a statement to The Register, Dell expanded on the shipment ban, as it relates to power requirements in California.

"Yes, this was driven by the California Energy Commission (CEC) Tier 2 implementation that defined a mandatory energy efficiency standard for PCs – including desktops, AIOs and mobile gaming systems. This was put into effect on July 1, 2021. Select configurations of the Alienware Aurora R10 and R12 were the only impacted systems across Dell and Alienware," Dell said.

In 2016, California became the first US state to approve energy efficiency standards for PCs and monitors. At the time, it was anticipated that the new standards would save 2.3 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity a year and significantly reduce carbon pollution arising from fossil fuel-fired power plants.

More regulations are coming, too. On December 9, 2021, Tier 2 requirements will expand to "computers with high-speed networking capability, multi-screen notebooks, notebooks with cyclical behavior, and monitors with high refresh rates."

The formulas used to determine which systems pass muster are outlined in a Title 20 Appliance Regulations document (PDF). In short, various annual energy consumption metrics apply to different PCs, the least stringent being 75 kilowatt-hours of electricity per year, for certain systems manufactured after July 1, 2021.

Going forward, there is a whole load of calculations system builders will need to make around PCs shipping from July 1, but with various 'adders' (like the GPU, networking cards, and other hardware) that can modify the final calculation. It's quite dizzying.

It remains to be seen if other PC makers will halt shipments of certain PC configs as well, and how the new rules will affect upcoming models.

https://www.pcgamer.com/dell-is-canc...ral-us-states/
WTF? So if you want a high performance PC you're pretty much out of luck if you live in those states. This is ****ing insane.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Jul 27, 2021 at 12:23 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:18 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I cannot express how much I hate California and the stupid **** they push lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:24 PM   #3
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Sounds like dell is doing those states a favor, gamers nexus has been looking at dell/alienware prebuilts, and they are horrible.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:33 PM   #4
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tom Hardware article implies DIY are free of this regulation and manufacturers that ship a system without GPU might be doing so to get around this.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/de...tain-us-states

It should be noted that the new standards do not cover DIY PCs, so enthusiast who have enough time, effort, and experience can build whatever PCs they like. Furthermore, it is logical to expect PC makers to offer systems without certain components (which will be installed by the end-user) in a bid to comply with tighter regulations, but still offer products to their customers.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 01:12 PM   #5
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

Quote:
California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, or Washington

Do you hate Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington just as much?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 01:22 PM   #6
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I may be wrong here but I always thought that the goal was to have computers become more computational and at the same time reduce the power required to make that happen.

Did that change?
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 01:28 PM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Sounds like dell is doing those states a favor, gamers nexus has been looking at dell/alienware prebuilts, and they are horrible.
Really? Alienware has been on my list of pre-builts I might consider.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 01:33 PM   #8
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Really? Alienware has been on my list of pre-builts I might consider.
Maybe the higher end stuff is different, but this is what you get for $1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulhFi5N2hc
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 02:28 PM   #9
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Maybe the higher end stuff is different, but this is what you get for $1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulhFi5N2hc
Wow!

Thanks Mangler.

/scratches_Alienware_off_the_list
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 02:38 PM   #10
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Alienware was a great company prior to the Dell purchase. At first they were putting out decent stuff at a decent price range. That changed a few years back. After that Dell basically was just using the Alienware name brand to bilk people.

I mean, most prebuilts are cheap but Alienware was supposed to be better stuff. Now....
Old Jul 27, 2021, 02:46 PM   #11
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Yeah, the videos Gamers Nexus did covering Alienware have been pretty awful. I'd never touch one after watching those videos. In fact, every prebuilt seems to be awful except a couple. I think Maingear has always been very good.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 03:41 PM   #12
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

I'm sorry but this green chit is going to far.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 05:05 PM   #13
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

I rip on Alienware but I did get a Alienware widescreen monitor a few years back. It was on sale at the time and it was a pretty good deal considering the other monitors out then.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 06:23 PM   #14
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 06:25 PM   #15
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Minus Vermont. Yes.

I can't buy a damn gas can that works without modifying it thanks to CA. That shithole ruins everything including their own state, and exports it. /PR rant
Old Jul 27, 2021, 06:44 PM   #16
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

This isn't just going to affect alienware computers, but any pre-built gaming system that exceeds these states power restrictions. This is the most asinine **** I've ever seen come out of an authoritarian power grab. They are now telling you that you can't buy a power computer. Sure there are ways around it, but you now have to run through extra hurdles to do so. For folks that are trying to buy a fully pre-built system with video card included in order to get their RTX card, this could be a huge hurdle standing in the way.

They are literally telling you what you can and cannot buy with a computer. I never though I'd see the day, but here it is.

EDIT: Apparently, if you buy a high powered (and more expensive) system with high expandability, at least a 2080 ti video card, 8gigs of RAM, and a 600 watt PSU, you are exempt (maybe)?. However, the mid-range PC's and below are not exempt...this makes absolutely no sense.

EDIT2: Also apparently, monitors are about to get a WHOLE lot more difficult to get soon (in the coming months) as part of this "energy conservation" rollout thing these states are doing. It's about to get a whole lot worse. Ugh...

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Jul 27, 2021 at 06:58 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 06:49 PM   #17
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
This isn't just going to affect alienware computers, but any pre-built gaming system that exceeds these states power restrictions. This is the most asinine **** I've ever seen come out of an authoritarian power grab. They are now telling you that you can't buy a power computer. Sure there are ways around it, but you now have to run through extra hurdles to do so. For folks that are trying to buy a fully pre-built system with video card included in order to get their RTX card, this could be a huge hurdle standing in the way.

They are literally telling you what you can and cannot buy with a computer. I never though I'd see the day, but here it is.
Same here, this country is toast. **** blows my mind.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 08:21 PM   #18
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I mean... **** it, yeah sure
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 08:46 PM   #19
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Guys we are going deep into P&R here so if it keeps going I'll have to move the thread there.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 09:10 PM   #20
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

That Gamers Nexus video made my jaw drop as it was so weird. That case's chassis design is shared with the XPS Desktops, which have a more subtle exterior design. They are not designed for that air cooler and use something completely different on Intel hardware. So how that system came with that cooler.... is a really weird thing for Dell to do. The water cooler wouldn't have had any issue's.

Also if you ever get a Dell, or Alienware, always always gets the ProSupport. 1000% worth it as the regular support is pure garbage. Take it from a support analyst who's been doing support for Dell hardware for years. Same goes for Lenovo and Apple btw.(never get an Apple computer product without getting at least the 3yrs of AppleCare+)

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 09:28 PM   #21
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Guys we are going deep into P&R here so if it keeps going I'll have to move the thread there.
My bad, but it's really hard not to when talking about CA.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:18 PM   #22
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
My bad, but it's really hard not to when talking about CA.
But, but Nvidia and Intel were founded there and you love their products

Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:54 AM   #23
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t like this cancel culture.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 01:50 AM   #24
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I don't know much about Dell's pre-builts or laptops, but their monitor range has always been fantastic with outstanding warranty. I've had 3 Ultrasharps and an Alienware and all of them have been great.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 02:04 AM   #25
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post

EDIT: Apparently, if you buy a high powered (and more expensive) system with high expandability, at least a 2080 ti video card, 8gigs of RAM, and a 600 watt PSU, you are exempt (maybe)?. However, the mid-range PC's and below are not exempt...this makes absolutely no sense.

EDIT2: Also apparently, monitors are about to get a WHOLE lot more difficult to get soon (in the coming months) as part of this "energy conservation" rollout thing these states are doing. It's about to get a whole lot worse. Ugh...
The thing you need to take into account is energy needs to be available to run all these systems. Projections currently show that computing power draw is increasing at a rate where it will eventually outstrip the power available to run them. The point of these regulations is to try to encourage greater efficiency, so we don't get to that point.

Is the implementation, perfect? Probably not. Things can always be improved.

But the bottom line is it's easy to rant and rave about how horrible something is, without even considering what its goal is, what problems it's attempting to address/avoid, or how you go about accomplishing it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 08:10 AM   #26
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
But, but Nvidia and Intel were founded there and you love their products
I'm sure Nvidia isn't too thrilled about this considering how much power their new cards draw.

Now I see why Intel went big/little on their desktop parts. Somewhere in the microcode...

if (location == "CA")
bigCores = false;
Old Jul 28, 2021, 08:14 AM   #27
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I'm sure Nvidia isn't too thrilled about this considering how much power their new cards draw.

Now I see why Intel went big/little on their desktop parts. Somewhere in the microcode...

if (location == "CA")
bigCores = false;

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 08:51 AM   #28
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I really never thought cards would draw so much power. Especially not after the efficiency improvements of the 10 series graphics cards.

Yet here I am with a 3080 that draw over 300 W on its own. My system's cooling has had to be overhauled, and even then my room definitely feels it when the card ramps up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:41 AM   #29
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:

if (location == "CA")
bigCores = false;
You forgot some of the code, the other states

Old Jul 29, 2021, 08:54 AM   #30
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
I really never thought cards would draw so much power. Especially not after the efficiency improvements of the 10 series graphics cards.

Yet here I am with a 3080 that draw over 300 W on its own. My system's cooling has had to be overhauled, and even then my room definitely feels it when the card ramps up.
It's like they threw the power savings out the window for more FPS. I get it. Gotta compete and all. But it'd be nice if my 3090 wasn't rocking 400+ watts.