Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Oct 18, 2020, 09:37 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I did some story coop with my son yesterday and today. You start off on Bronze and there are 10 missions. Each mission has 3 levels. You can unlock Silver and Gold which increase enemy damage and limit/take away the ability to restart if everyone dies. And, of course, gives you better loot. It's different than the single player game in that you only have 2 ghost weapon slots and only one stance to start with. You get resolve but not for healing. There are healing drums random located on the level you need to use to heal (Ronin is like a portable healing drum too). Resolve is for unlocking the special ability of the class you play. You also get a unique skill with each class that can be used after cooldown cycle. The classes are Samurai, Ronin, Assassin, or Hunter. All classes still have classic swordplay and bow/arrow capabilities. They mainly differ in just special skills and abilities. The missions are varied and interesting. There are a lot more magical elements than in the game. So you need to do more than just slash your way through enemies. I haven't done the challenge levels yet. But my son says they are more like capture and hold areas of the map while waves try to push you back.

There is a lot of variety to gear and ghost weapons you loot. Many of the ghost weapons you can get don't even exist in the single player game. I haven't even played much yet so there is a lot to discover. But it seems like a pretty simplified online RPG game. Which I like. There isn't massive amounts of inventory and skills to manage. Each class does have it's own unique skill tree. But it's small like in the main game. I've only played Bronze level and did die a couple of times. But, it is pretty easy to jump in with no gear and get going fast.
It sounds like I need to relearn the whole game I'll jump in some time this week. I want to clear Nioh's DLC first.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2020, 09:58 PM   #272
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

It's a huge shock switching between this game and Nioh. It's a welcome break not to die 30 times a night for me
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:53 AM   #273
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
It's a huge shock switching between this game and Nioh. It's a welcome break not to die 30 times a night for me
I'm down to 18 deaths a day But yeah, If I switch up games remembering controller layouts gets me dead over and over. I'm better off just focusing on one game at a time.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:18 PM   #274
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Too bad I sold my copy and didn’t resub to PS+. Waiting for PS5 to drop and these PS4s to get sold. I am done with this gen of consoles.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 05:19 PM   #275
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Too bad I sold my copy and didn’t resub to PS+. Waiting for PS5 to drop and these PS4s to get sold. I am done with this gen of consoles.
The PS4 generation was a smashing success. In reality, we don't really need a PS5 right now. Great games with amazing graphics just came out recently on the PS4. Of course, I am buying a PS5 too. But, right now, I don't get what the hurry is. There aren't any launch games that are making me want to upgrade. Yet.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 05:22 PM   #276
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I'm down to 18 deaths a day But yeah, If I switch up games remembering controller layouts gets me dead over and over. I'm better off just focusing on one game at a time.
There should be a law placing the dodge key on the same button forever!!! It's hilarious when the dodge key on the last game I played is the same as the crouch key on the new game I am playing. LOL.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 04:03 PM   #277
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

This is pretty fun stuff. Only got to the silver level of story missions and done a few rounds of survival mode. It's definitely just a nice add-on and not a grind forever game. Once you master the nightmare level of difficulty not much reason to keep going. But, I still got a long way to go. And, it's amazing for free and unexpected. If you haven't seen what the gameplay looks like, here is a video of a couple of assassins running a nightmare story level:

There are 10 story missions with 3 levels each and 4 survival maps. Each of the story and survival have Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions that expand the difficulty and introduce new enemies. Plus, the Raid levels are coming out Friday. When you watch the video you can see that the mechanics are not too complicated. It looks like the player recording the video has a sword that has a chance to set enemies on fire, a blow gun that can cause hallucinations, and is using smoke bombs and weakening dirt for ghost weapons. It looks like you need to weaken all enemies on Nightmare difficulty or it takes multiple assassinations to kill them. You could also see in the video that high level enemies have magical abilities that are much different than the single player game. Each of the classes have different abilities. All abilities and ghost weapons have a cooldown period. The assassins were using the ghost mode where they can go invisible for a bit and also the ambush ability where they can quickly strike three enemies. You saw they have only 3 resolves. Ambush requires all three and there is another ability they enabled called super assassination. You could see the player had 2 options when assassinating, square or triangle for super assassination. Super assassination requires one resolve and it looks like that wouldn't even one shot most of the enemies on Nightmare difficulty. You can tell when you walk up to assassinate whether you can one shot. If the prompt says critical attack instead of assassinate it will not kill them in one shot. Playing survival requires a completely different set of strategies as AOE attacks are critical. So, the other classes are critical too.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:17 AM   #278
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What's the performance like for ghost of sushi on a ps4 pro, is it solid or typical of open world games on these old toasters?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:33 AM   #279
Lazy8s
One day at a time

It had solid frames all the way through, never noticed any hitches. Also possibly one of the best looking games available for the PS4 AND PS5.

Can’t go wrong with it imo.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:48 AM   #280
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
What's the performance like for ghost of sushi on a ps4 pro, is it solid or typical of open world games on these old toasters?

I think it was locked 30 mostly through on the ps4 pro.

Im not double dipping on this game for the PS5. Maybe for a PC release.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 02:43 PM   #281
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

I think $20 gets you everything if you have the PS4 version.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 08:17 AM   #282
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

I don’t think you need to buy whole game for PS5. Just DLC. It’s $10 more than PS4 though.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:06 PM   #283
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I already have it though, I shouldnt have to rebuy it

Last edited by logical : Jul 28, 2021 at 01:36 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:28 PM   #284
Lazy8s
One day at a time

The original transferred to the PS5 along with the legends content, but I’m not planning on buying any more dlc for the game. I’ve been through it twice, love it, but I’m not keen on more of the same.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 07:39 AM   #285
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I just recently started playing this and took me a couple of hours to get into it as I just finished assassins creed and man is this a good game. The combat is so rewarding, not the easiest game but it’s challenging enough
Old Aug 1, 2021, 07:53 AM   #286
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

PS5 should hopefully be coming soon if nothing goes wrong . (wont believe it until it's in my hands).

But I never got that far into Tsuhima, and will getting the upgrade cos 1. Japanese lipsync, and 2. new content.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 08:42 AM   #287
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Does ghost of sushi have real japanese voice acting or anime voice acting?
Old Aug 1, 2021, 08:56 AM   #288
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

real
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 09:06 AM   #289
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Only problem is in the non upgraded version all the cutscenes use English lipsync. Annoying as ****
Old Aug 1, 2021, 09:08 AM   #290
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Only problem is in the non upgraded version all the cutscenes use English lipsync. Annoying as ****
Definitely one of the most distracting things I noticed while playing. I was kind of surprised they overlooked that or didn't care.

Still, one of the best games I've played all year.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:06 AM   #291
SirBaron

Probably didn't have the budget/time and didn't expect it to sell as well as it did.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:25 AM   #292
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Stop looking at their lips.

Go cut stuff.

Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:42 AM   #293
Mangler
PC

I don't get why the ps4 can't have that, if it is a matter of disc space, can't they just have a downloadable pack for the japanese cutscenes?

Last edited by Mangler : Aug 1, 2021 at 10:53 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:26 AM   #294
SirBaron

They probably could but need a reason for PS5 exclusive features.

PS5 the cutscenes are all live, rather than pre-rendered videos.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:40 AM   #295
Mangler
PC

They already had the greatest ps5 exclusive feature you could ask for, 60fps.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:25 PM   #296
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I need to rebuy this game. But I know I will never play it again.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 02:59 PM   #297
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

is this game like a Japanese witcher 3? Combat style, exploration, etc?

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:09 PM   #298
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
is this game like a Japanese witcher 3? Combat style, exploration, etc?
Closer to recent Assassins Creed.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 05:14 PM   #299
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I don't get why the ps4 can't have that, if it is a matter of disc space, can't they just have a downloadable pack for the japanese cutscenes?
I don't think the cutscenes are rendered in real time on PS4 is why.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 01:09 AM   #300
SirBaron

Yeah they ain't, they're there to mask loading like many games from that generation. Ps5 obviously has incredibly fast storage so doesn't need it.