Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:09 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I was just typing most of what Nunz just said so I'll echo that. For the same price as a 6800XT a 3080 simply has more features that allow it to give a better visual quality.

Assuming you can find one to buy one of course.
The one thing I think the 3080 has over the 6800 XT is DLSS, and DLSS also means it has usable ray tracing (without RT the need for DLSS isn't that great since you generally are already getting enough performance). AMD really needs to come out with their answer to that ASAP. Especially if it can be universally used, even if it is a bit lower quality, it would offer a good alternative.

The lower base RT performance (excluding DLSS) is not a plus, but at this point RT games are still so few and far between that I'm not sure it matters that much, especially if the 6800 XT is cheaper and more efficient (granted right now the AIB cards are not cheaper, but then again everything is out of stock and being scalped anyway).
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:47 AM   #302
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I managed to get a 6800 XT and 5600X into my cart, but couldn't bring myself to go through with the purchase. The problem is I don't actually want a 5600X, but instead a 5900X, and I didn't really want a reference 6800 XT.

Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:22 AM   #303
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I managed to get a 6800 XT and 5600X into my cart, but couldn't bring myself to go through with the purchase. The problem is I don't actually want a 5600X, but instead a 5900X, and I didn't really want a reference 6800 XT.
Id have grabbed the 6800xt ref as its prized by water cooler enthusiasts apparently and its going out of production soon. If only to make a few bucks on the side to help pay for a pricier AIB/6900xt.

One rumor has it that SR/DLSS for amd is coming out with the 6700xt. I guess we'll see.

Really thought it would have been out for CP2077 but its probably not an easy thing to program for.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 10, 2020, 04:03 AM   #304
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

i think i'd rather have the reference to make the price difference worth it, with aib 6800xt are expensive, even more then some aib 3080
Old Dec 10, 2020, 05:57 AM   #305
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nagorak won the lottery and shredded the ticket.

Should have scalped them both.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 07:31 AM   #306
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Id have grabbed the 6800xt ref as its prized by water cooler enthusiasts
Well shoot I hope so. This 6800xt reference gigabyte card, supposedly going to ship in a couple days if amazon is to be believed, cost 149 over every other one out there. But it's the one I could get.

Maybe in April or whenever I can get a 6900xt AIB I can re-sell this and get some of my cost back.

This 5500xt is not a bad little gpu, but it most def is not up to anything over 1080p.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 08:08 AM   #307
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
The one thing I think the 3080 has over the 6800 XT is DLSS, and DLSS also means it has usable ray tracing (without RT the need for DLSS isn't that great since you generally are already getting enough performance). AMD really needs to come out with their answer to that ASAP. Especially if it can be universally used, even if it is a bit lower quality, it would offer a good alternative.

The lower base RT performance (excluding DLSS) is not a plus, but at this point RT games are still so few and far between that I'm not sure it matters that much, especially if the 6800 XT is cheaper and more efficient (granted right now the AIB cards are not cheaper, but then again everything is out of stock and being scalped anyway).

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:50 AM   #308
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Nvidia has far more than one thing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:39 AM   #309
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

AIB 6900xt's out Dec 17th?

https://www.techpowerup.com/275798/p...0-xt-red-devil

Quote:
With three 8-pin PCIe connectors for maximum reliability and the highest performance, the PowerColor Red Devil is able to deliver up to 480w of power.

Available starting December 17, 2020.
They recommend a 900w ps for this puppy.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:57 AM   #310
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
AIB 6900xt's out Dec 17th?

They recommend a 900w ps for this puppy.
, where's Bill? He needs a better room heater in Phoenix and his own solar electric array.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:36 PM   #311
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Theres a liquid devil also coming so Im sure that one will need a 1000w or more ps...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:40 PM   #312
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Theres a liquid devil also coming so Im sure that one will need a 1000w or more ps...
How much will that be?

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:07 PM   #313
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
, where's Bill? He needs a better room heater in Phoenix and his own solar electric array.
bet it won't need it or use those 3 - 8 pin plugs and will still suck less power than a stock 3090

and i'm still set up for SLI/CFX and have a 1200 & 1050 watt PSU's

we need SLI/CFX back with 2077 killing all single GPU's
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:09 PM   #314
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Where are the 6800 XT in the stocks?? I need a 6800XT so badly since i already played Cp2077 last night. I managed got a 40-50 FPS at 1440p, but graphic still looks good with a right tweak settings. I definitely need a better gpu.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:15 PM   #315
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Where are the 6800 XT in the stocks?? I need a 6800XT so badly since i already played Cp2077 last night. I managed got a 40-50 FPS at 1440p, but graphic still looks good with a right tweak settings. I definitely need a better gpu.
AMD or NV they are all on ebay
Old Dec 10, 2020, 01:38 PM   #316
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
AMD or NV they are all on ebay
Sad but true.... f'ing scalpers.

yoz
Old Dec 10, 2020, 03:06 PM   #317
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
seems to be lots of 6900 xt's on ebay

1750 to 2k
Saw an article where Ebay are starting to clamp down on 6800/6900 sales as people are actually selling PICTURES of the cards instead of the real thing because they don't actually have the cards. Of course this costs Ebay money in refunds so their not happy. One guy even bought a PS5 for $900 and received a PS5 fake box with a breeze box in it. Again Ebay compensated him. Any idiot who buys off those kind of sites get what they deserve IMHO.

You can easily buy the 3090 now in the UK which is what I did last night for USD 1,600 but bottled it this morning when it went to packing and shipping and cancelled it. A stupid frustrated impulse buy but common sense kicked in. I scratched the itch I'm happy now.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 03:30 PM   #318
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Interesting but sad reflection on where we are today with top tech purchases.

https://www.extremetech.com/computin...a-paper-launch
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Dec 10, 2020, 09:17 PM   #319
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I just got a notice of the current shipping situation and its for something thats not nearly in demand as a GPU (tho I cant wait to get it!) but probably applies:

Quote:
December 9, 2020 Update:

Shipageddon, Ending non-US orders, LTT review

Let’s cut to it. Shipping Update

All of the Elites that have been ordered have shipped from Taiwan (where they are made) plus more (yes, even if you ordered one minute ago; welcome. We’ve been chronicling our ups and downs in these updates all year).

If you have recently joined us, please know that because air shipping costs skyrocketed to 3-7x their normal values earlier in the year due to COVID-19, we must ship Elites from Taiwan by ocean freight, which takes about 2-3 weeks.

Shipageddon

The port of LA is like Darth Vader, Thanos, Voldemort, Sauron, and the borg all mixed together to form one giant evil super villain. There is a massively long wait to get past customs at the port of LA, where most of our Elites must go through (including non-US orders). Due to the virus + holidays, companies and consumers have all shifted to e-commerce. The ports are at maximum capacity. It’s a mess. We receive no information regarding where our shipments are in the queue- not until they make it past customs. If you would like to know more about Shipageddon, please click here or here or here.

We’ve sent increasingly larger shipments from Taiwan every week since mid-October, and now, they’re just stuck. Grinding halt. We are truly and sincerely sorry for the long wait.

Our first and second shipments made it past customs in November, each waiting roughly two weeks at the port. These were also our smallest shipments since they were our first batches, each with a little more than 100 Elites. Our third shipment finally just made it past customs yesterday, Dec. 8 (after waiting 2+ weeks). Two shipments are currently waiting in the port right now. We’ve got three large shipments scheduled to arrive for the next three weeks, which will fulfill the pre-orders plus more.

Please know, once your Elite is past customs and in the hands of our shipping partner, we will email you with tracking information (we did miss a few of you guys in our second shipment while we were working out kinks in our system).

Until then, any estimated time of delivery is more of a haphazard guess since it’s based on when your shipment is scheduled to arrive at the port (somewhat accurate) and getting through customs (as accurate as a stormtrooper shooting at a target, i.e., laughably not accurate).

Note on EU orders if you ordered before the end of November

From our last update (Nov. 19), remember that we had a shipment of Elites headed to Europe but we had to cut ties with our shipping partner. While we still do not have a definitive delivery estimate, progress is being made. The shipment is in Germany and waiting to go through customs (which has to take less time than in the US); it will then be transferred to our new shipping partner’s warehouse in Ireland. Again, once a tracking number is generated, we will notify you.

Note on Canadian and Australian pre-orders

These shipments were shipped directly to Canada and Australia. The Canadian shipment is in Canada and waiting to go through customs. The Australian shipment was recently shipped, and we do not have an estimated delivery just yet. Once a tracking number is generated, we will notify you.

Closing non-US orders after Tuesday, Dec. 15

After Dec. 15, we will only take orders that will be delivered in the US. Now that the pre-ordered Elites are all made and shipped, the plan is that retailers worldwide will get inventory and start selling in their regions.

Currently, we have partnered with retailers in Canada, the EU, Australia, Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia with hopefully more to come soon. If your country is not listed, feel free to send us a message with your preferred retailer.

Once we have fulfilled our pre-orders, our retailers have the greenlight to start selling.

Linus Tech Tips Review!

Sorry we didn’t send out the first review when it came out on Saturday, November 21. We had been told that it would be released the following Wednesday but it popped up unexpectedly on Saturday, and the person that would have sent the email was out camping in the woods unconnected to the world and got quite the surprise when returning to civilization on Tuesday. Then, we were completely swamped + Thanksgiving + waiting on good shipping news to send out (third shipment finally came through yesterday, whew).

Linus Tech Tips: Water Cooling Performance for Half the Price

We have sent out test units to everyone that reviewed the prototype plus more. We haven’t received any confirmation on when other reviews will be out unfortunately.

A Big Thanks to Everyone

It’s been a long 2+ years to get IceGiant and the ProSiphon Elite launched. While 2020 has been different for everyone, quite honestly, all things considered, it’s been a good year for IceGiant cause you’re with us now, and you’re pushing us forward. Thank you to everyone who has ordered or thought about ordering or were just interested in what we were doing and what we have planned for the future (spoiler: very cool things on the horizon).

IceGiant is a 2-person operation, and we’ve been hustling and grinding and pivoting and problem-solving just to keep the lights on, and now, finally, we have all of the pre-ordered Elites made, packaged, and shipped.

It is beyond exasperating that the last hurdle to get Elites delivered is outside our control, and we know how disappointed people are (and rightfully so). To those that are waiting for their Elite, humbly, we ask for your continued patience.

Also, if you’ve got a connection to Santa, please remind him that all we want for Christmas is getting Elites delivered!

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:06 PM   #320
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Well shoot I hope so. This 6800xt reference gigabyte card, supposedly going to ship in a couple days if amazon is to be believed, cost 149 over every other one out there. But it's the one I could get.

Maybe in April or whenever I can get a 6900xt AIB I can re-sell this and get some of my cost back.

This 5500xt is not a bad little gpu, but it most def is not up to anything over 1080p.
Not likely or for sure dont count on it, I had a 3080 ordered from them and the date came and went without them updating it till after the day it was suppose to be delivered, that one I ended up canceling.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:38 AM   #321
Nagorak

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Nagorak won the lottery and shredded the ticket.

Should have scalped them both.
Probably should have tried to buy and passed them on to someone from the forum who needed one. Oh well.

Honestly, who knows if I'd actually have been able to get through check out anyway.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:41 AM   #322
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Nvidia has far more than one thing.
What else do they have?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 02:10 AM   #323
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
What else do they have?
Better drivers (especially with VR titles)
Better Geforce games program
Better RT performance (even without DLSS)
Better streaming support and tools
Better ancillary tools like shadow play and ansel
Better pricing on AIB boards (for RTX 3080 series)
Better Geforce Now program plus ecosystem with NV Shield

I can go on but you get the point. It is not only foolish to buy a Radeon rather

Last edited by Gandalfthewhite : Dec 11, 2020 at 03:08 AM. Reason: KAC that is a warning
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:17 AM   #324
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Not likely or for sure dont count on it, I had a 3080 ordered from them and the date came and went without them updating it till after the day it was suppose to be delivered, that one I ended up canceling.
Yah it's not a done deal until it's done. It hasn't shipped yet and it's 'arriving dec 12-14' supposedly lol
Wouldn't surprise me if it slips into lala land, though they have moved the date up at least once which tends to imply they think stock is going to be there.

Someone on a discord channel offered to sell me a sapphire at his cost plus 5% which was reasonable. Even sent me a picture, and a picture of his order receipt from amazon. Got to the point of paying for it and he just suddenly had some family emergency and disappeared, hasn't been back since.
So yah, another dead end there.

Been difficult for people who can't camp the comp or microcenter to get anything so I'm in that boat.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT

Last edited by Riptide : Dec 11, 2020 at 07:43 AM.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:44 AM   #325
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

In normal times Henkleman’s statement about AMD keeping on producing MBA 6800/XT would be great news. In these times its can be construed as being somewhat disconcerting. AMD have traditionally sold their MBA cards for an exclusive period of time and then backed off and let the AIB partners sell everything else. I had to wait 6-8 weeks to get my Sapphire Pulse and that was fine as I was prepared to wait for the AIB cards to launch.

Now, two weeks after the AIB launch every single board partner appears to have no stock in the channel. There aren’t even ETA’s and prices available to display. Now there is a rumour doing the rounds that AMD are trying to charge exorbitant prices for the chips to the point the AIB partners margins are virtually wafer thin.

If that’s true it could explain two things. Firstly, why the board partners are still heavily promoting older products because they’re not making the new cards yet. Secondly AMD are acutely aware there is no stock of 6800/6900XT in the retail channel and have therefore reversed their decision to stop making MBA cards as they need to sell the new cards.

Previously I and many other AMD owners were delayed sales waiting for the AIB cards, however, given the current circumstances there could be a lot of AMD owners like me who will now consider a 3600/3700/3080 (if they can get one ) and hence we become lost sales.

The other worry is the deafening silence from both AMD & the board partners. If they are having trouble shipping the cards and some are stuck in the ports as is now widely accepted why not shout it from the rooftops. Attached is a guide to how to react to a crisis. https://www.commpro.biz/the-golden-r...is-management/. AMD have currently done none of them and that’s a little worrying. You only need to see how Nvidia and their board partners have responded to their own launch issues. They seem to have read the crisis manual and AMD haven’t.

This is not a rant against AMD, I’m only trying to stimulate a discussion as to what’s going on and how this has managed to arrive where it’s at. Maybe Riptide is right and the main issue is they simply couldn't cope with releasing the consoles, Zen 3 and RDNA 2 in in such a short window. They had total control over two of those launches and might have been forced into a corner with the consoles. Who knows?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:47 AM   #326
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:56 AM   #327
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
In normal times Henkleman’s statement about AMD keeping on producing MBA 6800/XT would be great news. In these times its can be construed as being somewhat disconcerting. AMD have traditionally sold their MBA cards for an exclusive period of time and then backed off and let the AIB partners sell everything else. I had to wait 6-8 weeks to get my Sapphire Pulse and that was fine as I was prepared to wait for the AIB cards to launch.

Now, two weeks after the AIB launch every single board partner appears to have no stock in the channel. There aren’t even ETA’s and prices available to display. Now there is a rumour doing the rounds that AMD are trying to charge exorbitant prices for the chips to the point the AIB partners margins are virtually wafer thin.

If that’s true it could explain two things. Firstly, why the board partners are still heavily promoting older products because they’re not making the new cards yet. Secondly AMD are acutely aware there is no stock of 6800/6900XT in the retail channel and have therefore reversed their decision to stop making MBA cards as they need to sell the new cards.

Previously I and many other AMD owners were delayed sales waiting for the AIB cards, however, given the current circumstances there could be a lot of AMD owners like me who will now consider a 3600/3700/3080 (if they can get one ) and hence we become lost sales.

The other worry is the deafening silence from both AMD & the board partners. If they are having trouble shipping the cards and some are stuck in the ports as is now widely accepted why not shout it from the rooftops. Attached is a guide to how to react to a crisis. https://www.commpro.biz/the-golden-r...is-management/. AMD have currently done none of them and that’s a little worrying. You only need to see how Nvidia and their board partners have responded to their own launch issues. They seem to have read the crisis manual and AMD haven’t.

This is not a rant against AMD, I’m only trying to stimulate a discussion as to what’s going on and how this has managed to arrive where it’s at. Maybe Riptide is right and the main issue is they simply couldn't cope with releasing the consoles, Zen 3 and RDNA 2 in in such a short window. They had total control over two of those launches and might have been forced into a corner with the consoles. Who knows?
Dont think AMD can do in 3 weeks what it took Nvidia 3 months to fix.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:24 PM   #328
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Agreed valid point. However, launch day +1 and Nvidia were straight out with an apology and a reason for the issues. Asus followed on launch day +2 with an apology both classic crisis management responses. Nvidia followed that up with the jacket and the CFO addressing the issues at their earnings call and publicly stating what the issues were in the supply chain and they were working hard to fix them.

The CFO even went granular saying poor yields and substrate issues were a major contributor. They also gave a date of March where they thought supply would meet demand. Fantastic information and a time line for us to understand.

Two weeks after the AIB launch and we've heard no apologies from anyone at AMD or the AIB partners about their being absolutely no stock of 6800/6900 AIB cards in the retail channel. I'm on AMD facebook, AMD community and Sapphire Nation and if people thought I was ranting last week take a look on there. Pure vitriol. Again a classic failure by not addressing social media. And where's Frank Azor hiding? Surely as VP of Gaming he should be front and center dealing with these issues. All anyone's heard is he's "taking a leave of absence from Twitter"

So no apologies, no reasons why and no timeline from AMD on this matter. Having spoken to retailers they have no shipping dates or even prices. Look what Scan Computers UK say on their front page.."At this time we will not be taking pre-orders for (AMD) cards as we are unable to give any estimates on wait times." Riptide mentioned Micro Centre staff laughed when he mentioned availability of AMD cards. Something is definitely not right with this situation and one conclusion that could be drawn is AMD are covering up something more serious than just supply issues. Just my 2c's.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:33 PM   #329
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
where have NV fixed it

you can't buy a NV card either at any store

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...vidia/rtx3080/
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:38 PM   #330
acroig
Troll SMod

Bill from what I've seen on Falco there's been more stock of nV cards than Radeon cards. All of said stock goes in seconds but it is there.

yoz