Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 29, 2020, 02:27 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Give me that in IMAX with with a belt buckle to keep me in the seat and a diaper baby!!!

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 08:25 AM   #92
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Give me that in IMAX with with a belt buckle to keep me in the seat and a diaper baby!!!
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 08:45 AM   #93
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Can't wait to see this.

Airforce needs more mechanics, can't wait for all the dummies that enlist because of this movie. It happened with the original top gun.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:04 PM   #94
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Can't wait to see this.

Airforce needs more mechanics, can't wait for all the dummies that enlist because of this movie. It happened with the original top gun.
Oh yeah, but the Navy got all the recruits, no?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:09 PM   #95
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nope. You'd be surprised how many people don't even realize that's the Navy in the movie. They see airplanes and assume airforce.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 01:52 PM   #96
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
For those eagerly awaiting the "Top Gun" sequel, the wait just got a little longer.

A spokesperson for Paramount confirmed to CNN Thursday that the North American release date for "Top Gun: Maverick" has been moved from June 24 to December 23.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/enter...yed/index.html
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 02:00 PM   #97
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

Paramount does not want to release it on theater at home

but they are dreaming on December 23 this **** will be back in full with no coronavirus vaccine for a year plus
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 02:32 PM   #98
Capt. Picard
Radeon Southern Islands

Capt. Picard can recite pi backwardsCapt. Picard can recite pi backwardsCapt. Picard can recite pi backwardsCapt. Picard can recite pi backwardsCapt. Picard can recite pi backwardsCapt. Picard can recite pi backwardsCapt. Picard can recite pi backwards

Well if this is the case then we'll just have to watch the trailers over and over until the movie comes out one day.

Last edited by Capt. Picard : Apr 5, 2020 at 06:58 AM.
Capt. Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2022, 11:29 AM   #99
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

No ones seen this yet? First movie I have seen in the cinema since the pandemic started.

It is one hell of a cheesy, over the top, yet amazing movie; dare i say better than the original with one EXCEPTION: The soundtrack (which is the weakest part of the movie)
The movie seems to trimmed some of the older cast, but it is still a blast. The stunts are amazing. Really amazing.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2022, 05:31 PM   #100
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

going tonight
Old May 29, 2022, 06:03 AM   #101
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What an amazing movie. Reminds me of simpler times when there were no agendas in movies. No (not much) abusing, no lgbtq+ nonsense, no sjw, no BLM, no feminazis. Just focus on action and telling a good heart warming story.

Beautiful. If we didn’t have Tom Cruise making these movies we would just be absorbed in total stupidity that is reality.

9/10. 1 point lost because there weren’t enough plane shots. Most of it was through camera focused on the pilot but I would’ve liked dog fights and the Gs also shown as full plane views. Similar to what he pulled off in MI Fallout where the last helicopter fight scene is by far one of my favorites.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2022, 06:54 AM   #102
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What an amazing movie. Reminds me of simpler times when there were no agendas in movies. No (not much) abusing, no lgbtq+ nonsense, no sjw, no BLM, no feminazis. Just focus on action and telling a good heart warming story.

Beautiful. If we didn’t have Tom Cruise making these movies we would just be absorbed in total stupidity that is reality.

9/10. 1 point lost because there weren’t enough plane shots. Most of it was through camera focused on the pilot but I would’ve liked dog fights and the Gs also shown as full plane views. Similar to what he pulled off in MI Fallout where the last helicopter fight scene is by far one of my favorites.
What i missed most (as compared to the original) was the music accompanying the battles, esp. at the beginning of Topgun (OG; where Cougar looses it and Maverick assists in landing Cougar's tomcat). And generally the soundtrack is weak in Maverick.

But on the whole, yes, it is an amazing movie. Gonna go again next weekend for a second viewing.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:47 AM   #103
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Loved the movie. Really appreciated that they used real props and live shots as opposed to over doing CGI. In fact, I don't recall seeing much if any CGI in the movie at all.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2022, 07:16 AM   #104
acroig
Troll SMod

Going this PM, re watched original movie last night to get ready.

I feel the need.....
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:08 AM   #105
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

At the beginning when the opening credits are rolling and you hear that original theme...hairs stand up.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:18 AM   #106
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
At the beginning when the opening credits are rolling and you hear that original theme...hairs stand up.
What kind of pussy stuff is this.
My dick was hard.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2022, 04:10 PM   #107
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What kind of pussy stuff is this.
My dick was hard.
There are hairs on my balls that also went up.

~George Carlin

Old Jun 3, 2022, 04:10 PM   #108
acroig
Troll SMod

Wow, what a thrill ride. 9.5/10.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 04:43 PM   #109
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Woohoo Rock -n- Roll!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2022, 04:59 PM   #110
acroig
Troll SMod

Mach 10 better than the original.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 09:09 PM   #111
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Gonna hit the brakes and he will fly right by!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2022, 06:40 AM   #112
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Gonna hit the brakes and he will fly right by!
We're gonna need a fly by afterwards.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 05:42 PM   #113
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

"Sees Gen5 plane do some weird ****"

WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT?

The Gen5's were painted over F-22's.

~George Carlin

Old Jun 4, 2022, 09:46 PM   #114
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
"Sees Gen5 plane do some weird ****"

WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT?

The Gen5's were painted over F-22's.
Sure but the new Russian and Chinese planes look very similar.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:31 PM   #115
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I highly doubt they were able to acquire any for the movie....but it didn't matter, was a great thrill ride.

~George Carlin

Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:34 PM   #116
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

~George Carlin

Old Jun 5, 2022, 03:47 PM   #117
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
of course they do ......

..... copy and paste
Old Jun 5, 2022, 07:37 PM   #118
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I highly doubt they were able to acquire any for the movie....but it didn't matter, was a great thrill ride.
Oh no doubt as the Navy does not fly F-22s. Movie was awesome.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 02:06 PM   #119
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Saw it last night (Last night I could see it in IMAX).
Really enjoyed it. There were a couple quirks that as an avid military aviation enthusiast left me with "Umm...no", but turn that part of my brain off and go for the ride, and I really enjoyed it. Especially the last act.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2022, 04:09 AM   #120
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Movie is not that good IMO... And I can't help but wonder why movies keep using fake HUD for military planes? Or fake radar interface for that matter? I mean we have games like DCS and Falcon series that everyone can download and experience for ourselves...