Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 21, 2020, 02:03 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gay we running 3080s. We no have tanking FPS.
GPU bound then ? Or do you need to be gay to get better fps like yourselves ?
Old Nov 21, 2020, 07:06 AM   #212
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Everything runs great when you're playing on a shitbox resolution bud.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by SirBaron : Nov 22, 2020 at 09:48 AM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 07:39 AM   #213
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am playing on 1440P. Nothing wrong with that resolution.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 21, 2020, 08:37 AM   #214
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Everything runs great when you're playing on a shitbox resolution bud.
Come on brother, he's not the only one playing @ 1440p.

yoz

Last edited by SirBaron : Nov 22, 2020 at 09:41 AM.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 08:54 AM   #215
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i just upgraded to 1440p, **** you all
Old Nov 21, 2020, 09:05 AM   #216
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Anyone know what the water issue is tanking FPS ? Dropped everything to low when it happens and apart from textures which are medium that needs a restart then looking at the Thames or canals drops FPS to 1-3 !! Not tried dx11 yet.

Try setting Reflections to low, everything else the same. Also 6GB may not be enough at your desired settings.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 09:45 AM   #217
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some sort of bug as if I go straight the the river from the get go it’s fine and no matter what setting from med to ultra but play about 20mins then get any amount of the river in view the FPS tank. Rest of the city is fine, tried adjusting everything but texture to low or off and nothing effects the 1 FPS slide show.

** Update **

Turns out its the 20.11.2 drivers I updated to, just rolled back and performance is back fine and water no longer breaks the game. So in effect I think KAC may have been right...

** Update 2 **

20.10.1 official drivers I thought solved the issue fully but it turns out that after a longer period then the water starts the destroy the FPS no matter the settings. Only way to recover is to restart the game. Shader issue ? Memory leak ?

Last edited by Thr0tt : Nov 24, 2020 at 03:00 AM.
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 05:27 PM   #218
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
GPU bound then ? Or do you need to be gay to get better fps like yourselves ?
The game seems to be CPU and RAM bound. Try dropping all settings to the lowest and work from there.

Last edited by SirBaron : Nov 22, 2020 at 09:38 AM.
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 05:56 PM   #219
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

After years of getting in the right side of a car and driving on the left side of the road in open world games, it's really strange having traffic going the same way as me.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 09:02 PM   #220
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
The game seems to be CPU and RAM bound. Try dropping all settings to the lowest and work from there.

If someone is trying to get advice don't post if you can't give any.
I made him consider other things which are typical to trouble shooting radeons. First step would be to find a compatible driver that works.

It fixed his problem as well.

Last edited by SirBaron : Nov 22, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 07:39 AM   #221
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I made him consider other things which are typical to trouble shooting radeons. First step would be to find a compatible driver that works.

It fixed his problem as well.
Disparaging someone's hardware is not nice. Maybe that is all he can afford.

Relax and enjoy your card. No need to thread crap every single time someone types 'AMD'. You even got a warning for this just recently.

Last edited by SirBaron : Nov 22, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 09:41 AM   #222
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Thread cleaned, posts edited, it doesn't matter if you have oppinions about hardware, you can express them without being a ass at the same time.

Some people are already on the verge of vacation time, so this is essentially a final warning.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:53 PM   #223
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Geez, I can't believe I put in 50 hours in this game, which is not bad for a free game I guess. I don't think I will get the season pass though, unless I can find it for really cheap.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 05:11 PM   #224
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

New patch tomorrow

Quote:
Watch Dogs: Legion Update 2.20 Patch Notes

Global

Fixed an issue that could cause longer load times when exiting the main menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted.
Fixed an issue that could cause lost progress during Borough Uprising missions when loading back into the game.

Xbox One

Optimized game on Xbox One and Xbox One S to reduce instability during certain missions and the open world.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when scrolling through the Team tab.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Main Menu to become unresponsive when quitting the Single Player mode.
Fixed a crash that could occur while auto driving on the Tower Bridge during the "Inside Albion" mission.
Further incremental optimizations made to improve game stability which improves performance and reduces crashes.

Xbox Series X/S

Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when switching between users with non-English and English text versions.

PC

Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over a save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high-end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion, and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
Fixed an issue where some players would see a “Dunia Demo” error message and be unable to launch the game.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.

PlayStation 4

Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if a character model was not loaded correctly.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main Menu.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.

Stadia

Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over a save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.

Ubisoft+

Fixed missing English localization for Russian users.
PlayStation 5 (Deployed on Thursday, November 19th, 2020)

Fixed an issue where the game would crash on game launch when the graphic settings (e.g. brightness) were changed.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a cloud save download to fail on the first try.
Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the EPC area in the "Lost in the Process" mission.
Fixed an issue that could cause longer save times.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 06:51 PM   #225
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

This is by far the worst of the Watch Dogs series. Which sucks because I had high hopes for this game. I don't think even multiplayer will save this due to extremely bad design choices.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 06:53 PM   #226
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Multiplier has been delayed until next year.

What’s so bad about this?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 07:33 PM   #227
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Anyone know what the water issue is tanking FPS ? Dropped everything to low when it happens and apart from textures which are medium that needs a restart then looking at the Thames or canals drops FPS to 1-3 !! Not tried dx11 yet.
Confirmed

Quote:
Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 02:43 AM   #228
Megaman
Packing heat!

FYI

Quote:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN THE COMING MONTH
MORE CRASH FIXES
TU 2.10 was the first round in our work to reduce the crashes players experienced when playing the game on Xbox. We continue to work on the remaining crashes, a couple which are linked to certain hotspots in the #Justice4Claire mission, and are looking to address them in the next patch.

SAVE FILES
Cross-progression was one of our goals when developing Watch Dogs: Legion. We wanted to make sure that when players went from playing the game on current gen consoles to playing it on next gen, they wouldn’t have to restart their progression. We also wanted a cross progression experience for our players on PC and Stadia.

When we first began to receive reports from players about lost progress or corruption, we began to investigate where their save files became broken, or why they weren’t updating. Thanks to your detailed reports, and attached save files, what we’ve identified so far is that the issues predominantly affect PC, with a few rare cases on PlayStation 4 and Stadia. The game has frequent spots where it auto-saves, creating either a hard save, meaning that it takes everything available to it and updates the file, or a soft save where it queues up some light data on the player, such as your character’s current position in the world, to apply during the next hard save. If the game crashes, or a player force quits (e.g. Alt F4 on PC), a loss of progression might occur with the queued soft save data that it has yet to write. This is what we’ve identified to be the cause behind the majority of lost or corrupt save files.

An additional cause for some of these occurrences is the underlying bug on PC, where the game freezes when exiting to the main menu.

We’re aiming to have a fix out for both Save File corruption issues in the coming week. We are also looking to add a manual save button for all platforms before the end of the year.

PC GPU PERFORMANCE
Our priority is to stop the FPS drops so that our players have a smoother playing experience.

We brought improvements to performance in both our hotfix and TU 2.00. However, we recognize that our players with higher end graphics cards are not getting the framerates they expect, and other still experience intermittent framerate drops.

We are also adding more logging on the backend, to assist us in identifying and make optimizations for cards that might still be experiencing issues with the game. This will also give us clearer information that will help us as we look to improve performance overall, and our goal is consistent 60FPS for higher end GPUs.

ADDITIONAL FIXES
While we are primarily focusing on tech stability and fixing tech issues in the coming month, PlayStation 4/5 players should also expect a fix to the “quitting to menu” crashes. In addition, we are fixing the bug that caused characters with the “Doomed” trait (may die randomly) to occasionally die immediately upon recruitment.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 04:27 AM   #229
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks and glad its a recognised bug with possibly fixed, i may put the later drivers back on if fixed. @ 1440p im getting 45fps with max 85 and min 25 at high and very high in most settings but the water bug (its reflections as noticed in buildings too) just breaks it so put playing on pause.

Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:46 AM   #230
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Multiplier has been delayed until next year.

What’s so bad about this?

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ch-Dogs-Series
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:56 AM   #231
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
This is by far the worst of the Watch Dogs series. Which sucks because I had high hopes for this game. I don't think even multiplayer will save this due to extremely bad design choices.

why do most of the big RT games suck in gameplay
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:03 PM   #232
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
why do most of the big RT games suck in gameplay

Must be the Godfall curse
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:27 PM   #233
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Must be the Godfall curse
well that does suck also

i only have hope for 2077 that RT is not just lipstick on a pig and it is a good game with or without it
and i hope Dying Light 2
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2020, 01:57 PM   #234
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:

That’s a shame!
Old Nov 26, 2020, 05:57 PM   #235
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
That’s a shame!

Yeah, especially after I pre-ordered with the season pass.

Now I really hope Cyberpunk delivers and not follow the same fate.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:58 AM   #236
Megaman
Packing heat!

After comparing WD 2 with WD L,m, visually, I honestly can’t believe how nice WD2 looked.

I don’t remember it being a decent looker. I remember I rushed through that title from about half way. I’m going to reinstall it and give it another crack.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 01:08 AM   #237
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:

Now I really hope Cyberpunk delivers and not follow the same fate.
Cyberpunk will be fantastic. I doubt there will be regrets.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 03:29 AM   #238
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Nov 28, 2020, 05:19 AM   #239
KAC
It might be gays!

That’s tight. I can finally finish this game now.
Didn’t get any FPS improvement. Still 73 FPS in the bench. Maybe it is for higher than 6 cores?

Last edited by KAC : Nov 28, 2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 12:56 AM   #240
KAC
It might be gays!

Finished it. Good game overall. 8/10.
I predicted the ending though.