Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 1, 2022, 05:19 AM   #2341
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
One other significant thing I didn't bring up...

We saw that Hargraves' "dead" wife is now alive again. Hargraves has been working diligently to bring his mistress back to life who was being kept in Cryogenic suspension on the moon.

More details that I didn't pick out myself (or forgot) here. Interesting read when you take the birds-eye view.

https://screenrant.com/umbrella-acad...als-explained/

What is the big game plan? Does this all go back to his homeworld? Did the machine also save it? Is earth about to be invaded now?

https://umbrellaacademy.fandom.com/w...eeves_(Netflix)

So, does that make her Alice?

Nevermind... there will be a season 4. At odds with something else I'd read, but good.

https://screenrant.com/netflix-umbre...wed-explained/
That’s an interesting view, and good to know there will be another season

There’s one other bit I forgot to bring up. If there’s a simple explanation I missed it in the show.

At the end, Sparrow Ben returned with Umbrella, Slone(sp?) did not, because the sparrows never existed?
So are we faced with another major paradox, only sans powers for the team?
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2022, 05:40 AM   #2342
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That’s an interesting view, and good to know there will be another season

There’s one other bit I forgot to bring up. If there’s a simple explanation I missed it in the show.

At the end, Sparrow Ben returned with Umbrella, Slone(sp?) did not, because the sparrows never existed?
So are we faced with another major paradox, only sans powers for the team?

Well, he was on the train, not with the rest of them, right? That would be the New-Ben... a Ben that was not recruited by Hargreeves at all. Sloane should also exist out there in a form that was Hargreeves free. That part's a given.

But, two (or 3?) concurrent Bens even though the universe was reset?? I hadn't noted that Ben was with them in the park at the end.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/enterta...ions-answered/
Quote:
Luther returns, but he's not the same either -- he's no longer part ape. None of the siblings have their powers anymore. One thing that doesn't change: Ben is still the Sparrows' asshole version. Luther desperately runs off to find his love Sloane, who could still potentially exist out in the reset world somewhere, just not as part of the Sparrow Academy.
Season 3 isn't done with teases for the future -- in a midcredits scene, we jump over to South Korea, the camera snaking through a train until a familiar face appears. Another Ben! This one looks super suave, wearing a trim suit and reading a book as he travels to Yeouido Station in Seoul. So in this reset universe, not one, but two Bens exist.
Not being subjected to the pressures of Umbrella/Sparrow he seems better adjusted.

Hmm... and here's something saying no season 4 yet. So conflicting, assuming this quote didn't come before season 3 aired.

Quote:
What's in store for season 4?
Season 4 hasn't been officially greenlit by Netflix yet, but creator and showrunner Steve Blackman has ideas for what could come next. Unfortunately, it sounds like season 4 would be the last.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2022, 05:50 AM   #2343
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Well, he was on the train, not with the rest of them, right? That would be the New-Ben... a Ben that was not recruited by Hargreeves at all. Sloane should also exist out there in a form that was Hargreeves free. That part's a given.

But, two (or 3?) concurrent Bens even though the universe was reset?? I hadn't noted that Ben was with them in the park at the end.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/enterta...ions-answered/

Not being subjected to the pressures of Umbrella/Sparrow he seems better adjusted.

Hmm... and here's something saying no season 4 yet. So conflicting, assuming this quote didn't come before season 3 aired.
Ok that livens things up a bit more. For some reason my mind just assumed it was the returning Ben who had gone home, was traveling on the train.

They have to do a season 4 now lol. Especially as they gave the impression that Hargreaves influence was much wider at the end. It seemed like every building had his name on it.

Then again with this show, there’s no telling where they’ll take it. That’s one of the primary draws for me
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 1, 2022, 09:19 AM   #2344
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Season 4 could be awesome. So far the show has been a bunch of high jinks around stopping apocalyptic events. But, what is the source of the little gold fairy dust that started this all by infecting the mothers of the Umbrella Academy? What is Hargrove really up to and why is he here? None of that has really been hinted or revealed yet. Just the fact that season 3 ended with all of them in a very different state means something changed about the source of everything. What? And Why?
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2022, 09:29 AM   #2345
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Season 4 could be awesome. So far the show has been a bunch of high jinks around stopping apocalyptic events. But, what is the source of the little gold fairy dust that started this all by infecting the mothers of the Umbrella Academy? What is Hargrove really up to and why is he here? None of that has really been hinted or revealed yet. Just the fact that season 3 ended with all of them in a very different state means something changed about the source of everything. What? And Why?

Quote:
But, what is the source of the little gold fairy dust that started this all by infecting the mothers of the Umbrella Academy?
One of the links I provided notes that in Season 1, Hargraves had a jar of the fairy dust (on his desk?)

The clear implication is that HE SPREAD THE DUST to create the heroes that he would need to get to/empower the machine, and orchestrated all of the time travel paradoxes to get them to create the Kugelblitz and force them into Oblivion so that his plan would come to fruition. Talk about playing the long game...

knowing that he needed exactly 7 also explains why there were 7 Umbrellas/Sparrows. He didn't care about the kids, or studying these kids in general, he just needed tools. When he believed that the Umbrella group were a bunch of losers, he changed course in the alternate timeline and tried the Sparrow group. Losing one of the Umbrellas also made that group worthless anyway (without time travel shenanigans.)

Last edited by koralis : Jul 1, 2022 at 10:50 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 01:28 AM   #2346
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

My wife watched first two seasons of Umbrella Academy and decided to pass on season 3. After I finished it I talked her into watching and we binge watched it this week. She loved it. I discovered I totally missed something in last episode. Did you guys catch the mid credits scene? I don’t know what it meant but I totally missed it the first time.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2022, 05:44 PM   #2347
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

For all mankind season 3. Episode 4 was tight
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2022, 05:57 PM   #2348
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
My wife watched first two seasons of Umbrella Academy and decided to pass on season 3. After I finished it I talked her into watching and we binge watched it this week. She loved it. I discovered I totally missed something in last episode. Did you guys catch the mid credits scene? I don’t know what it meant but I totally missed it the first time.

it was a great season. Glad she gave it another shot.

Yes, we were talking about that scene in some spoiler posts above.

That seems to be a Ben that never got adopted in the first place and is still in Korea (I think?) Is it the original Ben of Umbrella that never got tutored when the Sparrow Ben got substituted into the team as part of the rewrite-the-world thing? We saw other people come back from the dead, so not off limits. THe Sparrow Ben I think was with them at the end, but may be the umbrella ben was resurrected and living his best life in Korea? Was originally thinging a third ben, but I've come around to it being a resurrected Umbrella ben.

Read something funny... that scene had Ben sitting next to a QR code. It takes you to a web site with Pogo tattoo designs reportedly. hah.

Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:13 AM   #2349
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Umbrella worth boning?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2022, 04:16 AM   #2350
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Umbrella worth boning?
Absolutely. Season 2 is a bit slow (a lot of setup for Season3), but overall it's a top-notch show up there with The Boys, Stranger Things, etc.

Old Jul 3, 2022, 06:54 AM   #2351
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Cool that’s high praise. Will bone.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 06:56 AM   #2352
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Absolutely. Season 2 is a bit slow (a lot of setup for Season3), but overall it's a top-notch show up there with The Boys, Stranger Things, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Cool that’s high praise. Will bone.
It’s a great show. Every time you think you have it figured out, you don’t, and every time it slows down, fasten your seatbelts.

It’s a crazy good time
Old Jul 3, 2022, 01:11 PM   #2353
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Really? Will put on the queue then.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #2354
KAC
Whatever

Terminal list is top notch drama.