Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 11, 2021, 06:54 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Pixel 6

Nobody talking about it here eh?

That bad?

lol

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2021, 07:18 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Looks good but I've never bought a Pixel phone. Recently upgraded to a OnePlus 9 Pro that has me more than happy.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2021, 02:20 PM   #3
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I'm really considering it if the S22 continues to look as uninteresting as it does.

That said, looks like Google hasn't adapted their image processing to accommodate the new larger sensor really.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 11, 2021, 02:23 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I've dumped most Google products/services at this point. Moving away from Chrome and using DuckDuckGo for searching has felt much better..

They have really pushed the limit on making changes to Chrome that enhance privacy/security or at least give you the option for enhanced privacy, and it's been one "delay" after another.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2021, 10:42 PM   #5
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm actually using edge and duckduckgo as defaults on my pixel.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Nov 12, 2021, 09:24 AM   #6
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I was a big Pixel fan until the 4 then switched to Samsung, notes then now the S21 Ultra -- happy but will prob go back to a Pixel again. I always liked them -- nice and simple with best cameras.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 02:56 PM   #7
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I was a big Pixel fan until the 4 then switched to Samsung, notes then now the S21 Ultra -- happy but will prob go back to a Pixel again. I always liked them -- nice and simple with best cameras.
You need an iPhone. In your industry doesn’t everyone call you a cheapskate for carrying android phones.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2021, 03:25 PM   #8
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You need an iPhone. In your industry doesn’t everyone call you a cheapskate for carrying android phones.
Men aren't concerned with the opinions of boys
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:00 PM   #9
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Well in oil industry there are only boys.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 08:17 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
No one gets rich spending money.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:37 AM   #11
KAC
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
No one gets rich spending money.
You should meet some Saudis.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:51 AM   #12
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Does the poor argument really work when the fancy android phones from samsung costs more than an iphone?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:10 PM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post

That said, looks like Google hasn't adapted their image processing to accommodate the new larger sensor really.

I dont know why they havent done this. You would think they would as it would be a clear advantage over the iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Does the poor argument really work when the fancy android phones from samsung costs more than an iphone?

No because the only people who own folds are tech youtubers.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2021, 06:25 PM   #14
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Sort of a typical google soft stumble. Where it's really not bad, but is easily capable of more. I expect the software will improve with time as things get updated etc. Could be worse, given it already looks good.

At least it's not as bad as Sony's complete cluster F with the Sony Xperia Pro-i. Where they put a larger 1" sensor in and then... didn't put in optics that can physically take advantage of it ever...

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:43 PM   #15
KAC
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Yup pretty much. Samsung is driver phone in GCC countries. Drivers when they drive for Uber carry Samsung phones.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 09:40 AM   #16
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have the pixel 3 and love the phone. Moved from apple a couple of years back and won’t go back. Wife has the iPhone 12 and apple to me has gone backwards, why did they move the lock button to the side? Anyway, would love to get the 6 but my 3 still works so well, can’t justify paying for a new phone
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:12 PM   #17
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Due to the T-Mobile and Sprint merger along with some network changes as a result of that, both myself and my girlfriend upgraded from our LG V40 ThinQ's to Google Pixel 6's. I have a stormy black one (housed in a Spigen Rugged Armor case) and she went with sorta seafoam (in a Caseology case).

So far I am pretty happy with it. I have had it for about 2 weeks now.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 06:56 AM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Due to the T-Mobile and Sprint merger along with some network changes as a result of that, both myself and my girlfriend upgraded from our LG V40 ThinQ's to Google Pixel 6's. I have a stormy black one (housed in a Spigen Rugged Armor case) and she went with sorta seafoam (in a Caseology case).

So far I am pretty happy with it. I have had it for about 2 weeks now.
I switched back to MetroPCS this weekend, last time I had them was well before the merger, pretty impressed with the network now. Speeds are pretty incredible on 5G.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 08:28 AM   #19
Riptide

My main complaint about the pixel 6 is the lack of face unlock. The fingerprint sensor is meh and face unlock works well on the 4xl.

Stock android is nice but I don't like being unable to remove the google search bar on the desktop. I ended up loading nova just so I could remove the gdam thing. lol

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Nov 15, 2021, 08:30 AM   #20
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I'm on the phone with T-Mobile right now wondering when it's gonna get here. I'm on a flight on Thursday and don't want the phone sitting outside for a week.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2021, 08:40 AM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
My main complaint about the pixel 6 is the lack of face unlock. The fingerprint sensor is meh and face unlock works well on the 4xl.

Stock android is nice but I don't like being unable to remove the google search bar on the desktop. I ended up loading nova just so I could remove the gdam thing. lol
Why did they get rid of face unlock? I love that feature.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 09:13 AM   #22
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I switched back to MetroPCS this weekend, last time I had them was well before the merger, pretty impressed with the network now. Speeds are pretty incredible on 5G.
I am usually on wifi, but I was eating lunch at a restaurant this weekend and tested the 5g. I was getting 300mbps.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:09 AM   #23
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

im on a oneplus 7 pro debating between the pixel 6 pro and the iphone 13 pro / maxx

I have always been android for personal phones ios for work but the choice are getting smaller and smaller in the android world for various reasons.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2021, 01:29 PM   #24
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

might be interesting to see what Elon gets done with his Model P

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2021, 07:14 AM   #25
Riptide

Quote:
They are about half as smart as they think they are.

OK maybe 2/3. They are fairly smart. But not smart enough to avoid stupid mistakes like this all the time.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Nov 21, 2021, 04:07 PM   #26
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Got a pretty good deal with at&t so upgrading my 3 for the 6. Getting it tomorrow
Old Nov 23, 2021, 02:03 PM   #27
Jankan
Banged

Got the 6 and its taking some getting used to. I am struggling with android 12 on this device closing apps, 12 on my 3 is fine but on the 6 is seriously pissinfg me off
Old Nov 24, 2021, 08:31 AM   #28
Riptide

Android will sometimes close background processes to save on power consumption. It can be defeated.

I definitely like my 6 pro but still am wishing they had face unlock. The fingerprint reader is just a pita especially when you get into the cold dry winter months and it starts to impact your fingerprints. Obviously dirt or oil can have an impact too and I don't like sticking my fingers on the screen itself to get into the device.

Just a dumbass step backwards to get rid of face unlock. People have their excuses of course (buh masks!) and I don't buy any of them. Dum dum design decision. I don't like that they removed that choice from the device.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:43 AM   #29
Jankan
Banged

I mean closing apps while swiping up. On my 3 the bar at the bottom is easier to press to swipe up but they made is slimmer and move it down on the 6 so struggling to swipe up to close open apps. I haven't used face unlock options but i don't care for it, my wife is complaining about on her iphone where she cant unlock it if she has glasses on and other issues, so far i like the finger print on the front, i also have some issues on my 3 with it being at the back but i hear what you are saying. Seems like getting rid of buttons has its issues
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:10 PM   #30
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
The only Pixel phones that had face unlock were the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. The feature was flawed, though. Not every app worked with it when the phones were being sold (not sure what the app support is like at present), and it lacked Apple-style awareness detection (the phone could be unlocked with your eyes closed) for months after launch.

EDIT: Okay, I stand corrected. It appears that the Pixel 2 phones had limited face unlock functionality. It was part of the Smart Lock feature and would only work for four hours after unlocking with a PIN, pattern, password or fingerprint. I am not sure about the original Pixel, the Pixel 3 series, or the Pixel 5.

Last edited by Android1 : Nov 24, 2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: See above.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote