Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 25, 2022, 05:36 PM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You know how I feel about these leakers, Bill. They throw poop at a wall repeatedly.

Maybe flagship AIB cards will allow 800w power limit BIOS, but I really don't see the Founders Edition or reference design offering anything nearly that high.
who buys reference

i think my last reference design was two 4890's that i put waterblocks on

after that blocks for aftermarket cards got more common
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2022, 06:38 PM   #782
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
who buys reference

i think my last reference design was two 4890's that i put waterblocks on

after that blocks for aftermarket cards got more common
Hah! You know the Founders Edition on the 3080/3080TI/3090 all have higher quality VRM and MOSFETs than the EVGA FTW3? They're built solid. Reference design is questionable.. that aims more at the Zotac, PNY, Gigabyte lower-end models though.

I really like the FE, they are built well and block availability is excellent .. the problem is the lower power limit for me. If I felt like dealing with shunt modding, I'd jump on one. The FE typically (at least with Ampere) have very good silicon quality on average. I'd say they're better binned than FTW3 or STRIX cards, but that's just my observations.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2022, 06:59 PM   #783
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

When I read rumors of the extreme power numbers -- sku's similar to Evga's Kingpin edition entered my mind. Many times rumor mongering conflate things and why it is more entertaining than anything else. It is somewhat concerning that the power requirements may be getting higher but it needs the performance context, too.

Not a fan of rumors based on a lot of them are wrong, missing overall context, and throw so many rumors so they can spin how right they are. If Nvidia can deliver dramatic performance gains then the wattage trade-of may be worth it for many enthusiasts.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 1, 2022, 07:21 PM   #784
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:20 PM   #785
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

RTX 4090 Kilowatt

Old Jul 2, 2022, 01:25 PM   #786
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I went with the Founders Edition on the 3090 and I don't regret it. It's the best card I've ever owned in terms of build quality, aesthetics and on the mark engineering. The only card I even considered over it was the ASUS high end. In the end ASUS offered a quiet Bios mode that ran slower than the FE and a full tilt mode that was more noisy and a little faster.

The FE struck the perfect balance between the two which was perfect for me. Raise the power limit and it will auto overclock itself for an extra 5FPS. After that, you need to push 100 more watts through it for 2FPS so it's pointless to go further in my book. The FE was the optimal design that squeezed all of the performance available at quiet operation levels with excellent quality. At 400 watts my GPU tops out at 62C and the fans top out at 60% even in the most demanding games.

I will be looking for the founder's edition first and foremost on the next card that I buy as well.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2022, 08:25 AM   #787
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default GeForce RTX 4090 with 2520 MHz boost clock

Old Jul 5, 2022, 01:41 PM   #788
acroig
Troll SMod

Default 2.75 max clock

Old Jul 5, 2022, 06:37 PM   #789
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Quote:
Nvidia's Ada Lovelace GPUs look set to step up to the frequency plate to match AMD's RDNA cards.

and it will glow in the dark
Old Jul 5, 2022, 08:00 PM   #790
acroig
Troll SMod

Uranium edition.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:11 PM   #791
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Nvidia may delay RTX 4000 GPU launch due to oversupply of RTX 3000
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/rtx-...000-oversupply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSTOHa4Im4

Old Jul 8, 2022, 07:07 AM   #792
acroig
Troll SMod

I think October will be launch date, not for all models perhaps.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:50 PM   #793
acroig
Troll SMod

Old Jul 8, 2022, 05:48 PM   #794
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Oh no! Its from your favorite always right youtuber!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2022, 06:08 PM   #795
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Feels like MLID is giving himself an out by claiming a paper launch, if the demand is high enough, anything can appear as a paper launch.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2022, 08:19 PM   #796
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Oh no! Its from your favorite always right youtuber!
Like I said, shite.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 08:54 PM   #797
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Linda's got the clap and needs 3 or 4 months of treatment

now if AMD comes thru and beats them to release
and if RDNA is fast enough you may see a lot longer delay

cheer up you can always go red
Old Jul 9, 2022, 06:17 AM   #798
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Day one.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2022, 06:31 AM   #799
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Day one.

Unless something catastrophic occurs, 4090 all the way. Just need a new case so I can add a 3rd radiator to the loop
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 9, 2022, 06:38 AM   #800
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

But you have XL. You can add 3 rads in it.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 07:54 AM   #801
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
But you have XL. You can add 3 rads in it.
Ideally, you don't want all of your intake air being from the rads, which is what I would have to do if I added a third in the XL. I'm waiting for some new cases to come out, like the Lian Li V3000.

I have been considering the Phanteks. I'm bored of the 011 XL
Old Jul 10, 2022, 09:40 AM   #802
KAC
Whatever

It is a terrible case imo. My Phanteks was much better. Oh well. Learnt my lesson.

Maybe next time I get a putter I will build in my P500A again instead of the Lian Li Evo.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:33 AM   #803
Nunz
RIP Roxen

It has it's issues for sure, but I wouldn't class it as terrible. It's certainly a better case for watercooling.

The issue I have with Phanteks cases is that the only one I'd truly build in is the Elite, and it's too expensive. I have considered going with an external radiator (MORA3) but that opens up other annoyances.

We shall see. Really hoping the Lian Li V3000 turns out to be great
Old Jul 11, 2022, 01:00 AM   #804
KAC
Whatever

Nothing like having the maid vacuum over the radiator lying outside the computer to get rid of dust.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:22 AM   #805
acroig
Troll SMod

Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:28 AM   #806
KAC
Whatever

October is fine.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:31 AM   #807
acroig
Troll SMod

It is by me.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 02:54 PM   #808
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Quote:
It is also mentioned by MLID that while the card would launch in October, actual volume isn't expected until December so it looks like there might be an early-owner tax on the RTX 4090 and other high-end Ada Lovelace GPU-powered cards that launch in Q4 2022 such as the RTX 4080 and RTX 4070.

AKA a normal fabulous NVidia paper launch
oh 3000 reviewers will get cards to tear up and turn into slag overclocking and 10 will go to Newegg
won't see real stock and MSRP to Q1

Old Jul 15, 2022, 02:59 PM   #809
acroig
Troll SMod

Bill, MLID? Really? No better than Fox news.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 04:32 PM   #810
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It might be a half-truth, if cards like the 4070/60 launches in December, then his claim is kind of right as those are sold in higher volumes than the flagship cards.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote