Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Aug 23, 2005, 04:02 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GotBoost?

GotBoost? is still being judged by the masses

Default Vanilla x800 vs X800GT?

I am putting together a mid-ranged machine built around a A64 3000 and DFI NF4 board. However, for the life of me I cannot decide between a standard x800 or the newer x800GT (256MB). I have read many reviews, benchmarks, and understand the advantages of both. Right now you can get a x800 for $145, that's a steal (linky ) The thing is I have read some places that, that particular MSI card only has the DDR1... Anyhoo I need to decide (within two days) if I should overclock the piss out of a GT or get the tried and true x800... Let me know what you would do and why.

Thank you
GotBoost? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 04:36 AM   #2
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Vanilla X800 = 12 pipelines
X800 GT = 8 pipelines.

The 128MB versions of both cards have DDR, and the 256MB versions have GDDR3. So decide wisely
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:58 AM   #3
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What are the clocks?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:09 AM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant
Vanilla X800 = 12 pipelines
X800 GT = 8 pipelines.

The 128MB versions of both cards have DDR, and the 256MB versions have GDDR3. So decide wisely
i thought the x800gt was better than the vanilla. Does "gt" mean its weaker?

How does my x800pro compare?

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600