Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 21, 2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Net Neutrality about to go away

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/t...lity.html?_r=0

The Federal Communications Commission announced on Tuesday that it planned to dismantle landmark regulations that ensure equal access to the internet, clearing the way for companies to charge more and block access to some websites.

The proposal, put forward by the F.C.C. chairman, Ajit Pai, is a sweeping repeal of rules put in place by the Obama administration. The rules prohibited high-speed internet service providers from blocking or slowing down the delivery of websites, or charging extra fees for the best quality of streaming and other internet services for their subscribers.

We had a good run Rage3D. The fond memories I have on this website.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 05:23 PM   #2
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I doubt they'll care about sites like this. They'll go after the much more popular sites to charge people to get access to. This will effect the cord cutters , making them pay even more money than what they already are

We'll see popular sites being segregated and internet sold like it was cable TV.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 06:27 PM   #3
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/t...lity.html?_r=0

The Federal Communications Commission announced on Tuesday that it planned to dismantle landmark regulations that ensure equal access to the internet, clearing the way for companies to charge more and block access to some websites.

The proposal, put forward by the F.C.C. chairman, Ajit Pai, is a sweeping repeal of rules put in place by the Obama administration. The rules prohibited high-speed internet service providers from blocking or slowing down the delivery of websites, or charging extra fees for the best quality of streaming and other internet services for their subscribers.

We had a good run Rage3D. The fond memories I have on this website.
i want bill dennison to tell me how getting rid of net neutrality is a good thing.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 21, 2017, 08:34 PM   #4
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Internet should be a utility, like water and elec/gas.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 08:36 PM   #5
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

While I typically don't mind letting the market work things out... Internet service providers are almost at monopoly level, because they rarely compete outside of major cities. This is a huge mistake, and I wish someone would smack that idiot Ajit Pai upside the head with his stupid giant reese's mug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Internet should be a utility, like water and elec/gas.
Agreed!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 08:43 PM   #6
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Here is an interesting article, Portugal has internet that is segregated by packages

http://www.businessinsider.com/net-n...ok-fcc-2017-11

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 08:59 PM   #7
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm from portugal and net is not segregated for all types of connections, only cellphone based connections (3G/ 4G) have trafic based tarifs and data limits, the wire based net (ADSL or Fiber) is still good old internet, you pay a monthly fee and you have access to everything, no trafic restrictions or limitations.

I hope this new atempt at ending net neutrality gets the shaft like the others, and if not that only you Americans get it, i like you guys but i like my "free" internet more. :P
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:21 PM   #8
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

No restrictions here, on cellular either. While I flame EU a lot, at least they had the brainpower to draft legislation that protects net neutrality.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:53 PM   #9
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This could see a lot of high tech move out of the US in order to guarantee access. The big guys like Facebook and Google wont tolerate being boxed in.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 02:51 AM   #10
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
i want bill dennison to tell me how getting rid of net neutrality is a good thing.
why me it's not my bag have not paid much attention to it

but it might force Google to get back on the ball with Google Fiber and put these assholes out of the business
they did sort of stop when this went into effect

and the locals here Cox and Centurylink stopped all talk of their own fiber when Google Fiber backed off
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 08:34 AM   #11
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Hoping my ISP doesn't make any changes once net neutrality dies. I'm lucky that I have an ISP that is a family run business.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 09:42 AM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I just don't understand how this can even get close to happening like this. You have millions of people in the public opposed to it, yet its being railroaded through the FCC seemingly unstoppable. The power of corporate greed is ****ing unreal.

Honestly **** it. If this actually happens and internet service starts to be sold in tiered packages I will just cancel my internet service. Despite what you may think I can live perfectly fine without a personal net connection. On the rare occasion I do need to use it I'll access it from work or a library. I'll urge others to do the same.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 09:48 AM   #13
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I just don't understand how this can even get close to happening like this. You have millions of people in the public opposed to it, yet its being railroaded through the FCC seemingly unstoppable. The power of corporate greed is ****ing unreal.

Honestly **** it. If this actually happens and internet service starts to be sold in tiered packages I will just cancel my internet service. Despite what you may think I can live perfectly fine without a personal net connection. On the rare occasion I do need to use it I'll access it from work or a library. I'll urge others to do the same.
Democracy is not controlled by individuals anymore.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 09:48 AM   #14
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:

I'll say this: I won't pay extra for youtube or facebook.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 09:56 AM   #15
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah, realistically rather than canceling altogether I'd probably end up just not getting a package that costs extra to get access to all the garbage popular sites. I'd probably just get the most basic one that still allowed me to occasionally work remotely from home.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:14 AM   #16
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
No restrictions here, on cellular either. While I flame EU a lot, at least they had the brainpower to draft legislation that protects net neutrality.
We had such legislation also; but like any legislation it can also be de-legislated
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:18 AM   #17
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, realistically rather than canceling altogether I'd probably end up just not getting a package that costs extra to get access to all the garbage popular sites. I'd probably just get the most basic one that still allowed me to occasionally work remotely from home.
People are concerned about the price hikes and the various potential packages ISP's will probably charge now... that's the least of my concerns.

What really concerns me is this now gives few groups the power to steer opinions, and that should scare the **** out of everyone. You think fake newski is bad now? Just wait until they don't even have to fake it - all they have to do is silence and censor opposing viewpoints.

This can not only be used to crush competition in an economic marketplace (like imagine if they had this ability during the blu-ray v hd-dvd war), but it will probably get incredibly stupid during election years where effectively propaganda can become normal and outside contrary opinions censored.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:37 AM   #18
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Definitely sucks. Honestly though in reality most people just blindly believe whatever is being pushed by their party lines anyways. No need to censor opposing viewpoints, they pay no mind to them.

But yeah, unfortunately people are dense and don't seek out multiple sources before believing what's reported in the news they are watching. That happens regardless though whether its how things are now, or after net neutrality gets gutted.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:46 AM   #19
curio
𐐒ananaD

^Sad but true
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:55 AM   #20
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Regardless of party, I don't know a single person that wants this to happen.

It truly is big businesses steam rolling the people.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:59 AM   #21
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

curio you hit the nail in the head, what some forget is that countries like North Corea and China and i'm not sure but perhaps even Russia have no net neutrality, they control everything about it, the day America (Europe will certainly follow) kill net neutrality, they are opening the door to censorship and potential dictators to take over, by having the ability to spread their ideals over others. Trump and others like him most be salivating over this law.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:01 PM   #22
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

The trouble is that no one wanted this, no one voted for this, because no one ever votes for this.

We vote for the distraction issues. Ben Ghazi. Her emails. Whatever the topic is we focus on the distraction (look he's talking Twitter **** on the Ball family today ooooooh 24/7 news cycle commence!).

But when we voted last year this is what we voted for.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:49 PM   #23
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
The trouble is that no one wanted this, no one voted for this, because no one ever votes for this.

We vote for the distraction issues. Ben Ghazi.
Good men died and you call it a distraction.

Anyway corporations have been pushing this for a very long time it has zero to do with a particular political party. Although the current admin needs to put a stop to it.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 03:14 PM   #24
xCLAVEx
LET'S GO BRANDON

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
Good men died and you call it a distraction.

Anyway corporations have been pushing this for a very long time it has zero to do with a particular political party. Although the current admin needs to put a stop to it.
Also forgot to mention Russia (biggest load of BS ever). YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE distraction and only morons ever believed it in the first place.

But I can't see net neutrality going away to be a good thing at all, not for the people anyway. That said, I did some digging and saw that while there were rules in place, they had not actually been enacted yet. So technically nothing is changing but this law ensures that nothing will change, which is again a bad thing.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 03:18 PM   #25
curio
𐐒ananaD

It's getting awfully political up in here...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 04:36 PM   #26
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
It's getting awfully political up in here...
Yes I agree shrike126 should get a warning
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 07:41 PM   #27
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I guess there really is something to the phrase, "useful idiot."
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 08:50 PM   #28
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Definitely sucks. Honestly though in reality most people just blindly believe whatever is being pushed by their party lines anyways. No need to censor opposing viewpoints, they pay no mind to them.

But yeah, unfortunately people are dense and don't seek out multiple sources before believing what's reported in the news they are watching. That happens regardless though whether its how things are now, or after net neutrality gets gutted.
I think people should start listening to this guy for starters. And then take it from there.

Psst.. he is not really a reptile. I have no idea why the guy uploaded the video and called him a reptile.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 09:49 PM   #29
MNB4800
Radeon Volcanic Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

When that happened to TV and channels, I ended up watching far less TV. I guess I might do the same with the internet, which isn't bad.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:25 PM   #30
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
curio you hit the nail in the head, what some forget is that countries like North Corea and China and i'm not sure but perhaps even Russia have no net neutrality, they control everything about it, the day America (Europe will certainly follow) kill net neutrality, they are opening the door to censorship and potential dictators to take over, by having the ability to spread their ideals over others. Trump and others like him most be salivating over this law.
No the EU passed laws on this and wont ever go that route anytime soon. In fact having net neutrality will now become a major selling point to attract high tech online investment. If the US based internet becomes unreliable Google, facebook and many others wont allow lack of access to reach customers outside the US. So they will set up shop moreso than usual in places like the EU.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote