Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Question fah2console.exe problems

I am running the fah2console.exe version of folding and running it as a service. I have a problem where it does not ignore CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT issued during a user log off and thus shuts down the service. The only way to "hands free" restart the service is to reboot the computer. Does anyone know of a way to tell it to ignore the CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT event?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:07 PM   #2
jima13
Retired

jima13 is still being judged by the masses

I think I've seen this over at the Yahoo group...I'll go check, see if I can't dig something up..
jima13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:12 PM   #3
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

See if this helps you out:

http://acs.neu.edu/~mcknight/srvany.html
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:23 PM   #4
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Unhappy

Read the first notice at the link you posted. That IS the problem. Thanks for looking though.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:29 PM   #5
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
Read the first notice at the link you posted. That IS the problem.
Yeah, so doesn't it describe how to use regedit and SRVANY.EXE to solve the problem?
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:38 PM   #6
jima13
Retired

Didn't find much at yahoo, although this gives the fix, but it's for winXP> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/folding2/message/2612

still looking:ugh:
Old Mar 18, 2002, 03:34 PM   #7
jima13
Retired

Default saw this at OcAU

looks to be the same as the Yahoo message...

"click on my computer - open up scheduled tasks add a scheduled task for [email protected] to run on boot.

set an account on the server (if possible) or use a local machine account, untick the 72 hour time to stop in advanced.

scheduled tasks rock big time

give it a shot - worked for me when service failed

it uses mstask.exe so it runs soon as the scheduler services starts

so it runs 24/7 whenever the box is on"
Old Mar 18, 2002, 05:14 PM   #8
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States Center of the Universe, Washington DC
MDC is still being judged by the masses

Default Sweetness

Jima13,
Very nice. I went to scheduled tasks in Win XP and added the FAH2console.exe at system startup. Restarted and it's running like a service. Nothing on the taskbar at all indicating that it's running. Only seeing 99% CPU usage by FAH2console.exe in the task manager is evidence it's running. Maybe I can stick this thing on people's computers here at work after all :P

edit.. some above and to add that I looked at the log file and it's updating normally too

Last edited by MDC : Mar 18, 2002 at 05:17 PM.
MDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 05:23 PM   #9
jima13
Retired

Thumbs up good!

got that info from Doc who runs the systems for Stromlo High....keep us posted on the workings, any problems ect?
Old Mar 18, 2002, 06:05 PM   #10
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

It doesn't work the same in Win98. It will load properly, but it's not hidden in any way.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 06:16 PM   #11
jima13
Retired

Thumbs up win98

Quote:
Originally posted by MDC
It doesn't work the same in Win98. It will load properly, but it's not hidden in any way.
is covered here> http://www.overclockers.com.au/folding/service98.htm

props to Bollocks & crew
Old Mar 18, 2002, 09:34 PM   #12
ATi VGA Wonder

We have scheduled tasks disabled due to a known conflict. I fixed the issue by disabling log off. They can only power down or reboot now.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 09:43 PM   #13
jima13
Retired

Cool very good

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
We have scheduled tasks disabled due to a known conflict. I fixed the issue by disabling log off. They can only power down or reboot now.
I just hope the clients checkpoint works if they reboot
Old Mar 27, 2002, 11:52 PM   #14
carz2
oh gollywog

carz2 is still being judged by the masses

That guide for 98 is fine but he has extras there that aren't needed.
If hideit2 is run with no switches it starts and hides fah2, you don't need the fah2 run line in the reg. Also if you drop conagent into the fah folder and right click and disable warn if active you won't get the shutdown nag screen, completely invisible to the user, I had to do this awhile ago to hide it on my wifes comp. Fah still picks up the checkpoint just fine on reboot.
<carz2> ever notice what happens when you change just one letter of cult..mmm...coincidence? i think not
rage3dhub.no-ip.org:666
carz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2002, 12:49 PM   #15
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

Stopping when you log off.. Just re-read the thread and I think my computers with it running in the scheduled tasks will stop when you logout. I don't logout very often, but it might explain why it wasn't running when I though it was one time..