Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 11, 2021, 02:09 PM   #5671
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

And just got another one. (different email though). Both were day 1 signups.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Oct 11, 2021 at 02:54 PM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2021, 02:10 PM   #5672
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nascar24 and I are out then.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:20 AM   #5673
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:51 AM   #5674
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
We've done well, a year from now for 4080 we'll see.

yoz
Old Oct 13, 2021, 01:55 AM   #5675
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think once ether mining completely goes to shite I can maybe do a 3070 giveaway or some such. If gays on here are willing to pay shipping costs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2021, 08:06 PM   #5676
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My old boss just called me and told me the old company he sold (which I worked for) was re-sold to another company and he was paid out and as part of that I'm getting a cash bank transfer.

So, which 3080 I mean, 3090 should I get

Last edited by Megaman : Oct 13, 2021 at 09:02 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 07:41 AM   #5677
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
My old boss just called me and told me the old company he sold (which I worked for) was re-sold to another company and he was paid out and as part of that I'm getting a cash bank transfer.

So, which 3080 I mean, 3090 should I get
3080Ti FWT!

yoz
Old Oct 14, 2021, 08:46 PM   #5678
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Come on! You cant wait another full year with Billy!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:28 AM   #5679
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Come on! You cant wait another full year with Billy!
damn you are like a pusher

RDNA 3 is going to be a killer upgrade from a 3080 ti from my 2080 ti it will be even more so

nothing is forcing me to waste 1500 bucks at this time I had a evga 3080 ti in my cart at Best Buy the other day for 1449 I passed
a year ago maybe now nope way too late and 2077 is a failure .
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2021, 02:40 AM   #5680
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Nvidia Halts Ampere Production: Keeping Prices High till Lovelace despite RX 6600 Volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH-W-zVcjNQ
Old Oct 15, 2021, 03:27 AM   #5681
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Sounds like the card your going to want Billy is going to cost you at least 2K. This 3080 could be it for me, these prices are way over my threshold for gaming, it’s time to become the
Old Oct 15, 2021, 03:32 AM   #5682
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

When I first joined R3D, the price of a top of the line video card being the 9800 Pro was $399 and that was considered expensive. lol
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2021, 03:41 AM   #5683
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
When I first joined R3D, the price of a top of the line video card being the 9800 Pro was $399 and that was considered expensive. lol
And now the AMD rx6600 is 600$ and has 10% more than my vega56.Also it does cost more than the launch price of the vega56 that 450$.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 04:31 AM   #5684
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Quote:
is the ATI All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro worth its $449 MSRP
yes it was

my X1950 CrossFire were 449 each

and I was making about 11 bucks a hour then now about 100+ average a hour

…….
and I don't think AMD will top 1500 MSRP for the 7900 xt
chiplets will make it cheaper and a lot less bad chips

but all depends on TSMC's prices

but if it is 2x or 3x faster than a 6900 xt and since I skipped this gen I would go up to 2k
but it would have to last as long as my 2080 ti
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:09 AM   #5685
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Oct 15, 2021, 05:14 PM   #5686
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
yes it was

and I was making about 11 bucks a hour then now about 100+ average a hour

and I don't think AMD will top 1500 MSRP for the 7900 xt
chiplets will make it cheaper and a lot less bad chips
So it's OK for you to charge 9x your hourly rate for basically doing the same job but AMD can't increase their prices in line with 3x the performance of the 6900? Interesting narrative don't you think.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2021, 07:08 PM   #5687
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
So it's OK for you to charge 9x your hourly rate for basically doing the same job but AMD can't increase their prices in line with 3x the performance of the 6900? Interesting narrative don't you think.

I did go from working for someone else to self employed in that time

as for AMD they need tons of market share and mindshare and driver confidence before they can charge prices like NV for GPU's
hell they are still keeping CPU prices low compared to what Intel was charging before Ryzen

if it is 3x the performance of the 6900 and that is a big IF
and they fix the ray tracing performance to be compatible I will pay for it

but I don't think without the mining boom they could get 1500 for a 6900 from gamers
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:55 PM   #5688
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
There's been inflation since then. Up through the 1080 Ti being around ~700 GPU prices weren't that out of line with history. The 2080 Ti was the first big anomaly, and then the 3090. When MSRP for 3080 was around $700 it was back in the ballpark. But then we never saw supply of the $700ish models, and things just went up from there.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 04:02 PM   #5689
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
With inflation that is about $620. 3080 launched pretty close that, and there is way more in current cards that they can do now than what was back then, I don't think we are really that far off pace TBH.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote