Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 6, 2021, 09:24 AM   #2221
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
4 Gs with the new bitch coin rate.
You'll be 5G soon
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:29 PM   #2222
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So now T-Rex and other miners can mine 2 coins at once on the LHR cards. This way the cards profit is optimised still.

On a better note, profits on invested projects are going through the roof and we're barely started. This run could go past March next year. Glad I wasn't focused on my games and on this instead. Life has been transformed. If I can double what I have now I'll be retired.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:35 PM   #2223
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just recently sold half of my xmr to pay my equipment off. That is the good news. While I think xmr is a good project with a legit use case I've recently come to grips with a few truths.
Quote:
1) Just because a project is legit doesn't mean much. Look at all the decent projects that have died in the last few years. And all the ones that are garbage but skyrocket in value. DOGE is a good example. BTC really isn't that great either it actually sort of sucks. Anyone who got rich off most alt coins really just got lucky. It isn't because they are 'smarter' than anyone else or chose a superior project.

2) Privacy coins likely not skyrocket in value because institutional money will not get invested. Banks/investors don't want to touch digital cash because it's not traceable and there is fear over bans and regulations. XMR is a good example. Once a top 10 coin it's slowly tanked in market cap over the last several years. Great dev team, solid project, but bleeding out over time.

3) What I should have done (beyond just buying btc when it was low, duh) was to keep my vega64 rig running and not sold it end of 2018. If I had switched to eth, and mined ever since then, I'd have enough to probably get close to paying my house off.
Because of choices I made I'm out ahead and have paid for my equipment. But I am not anywhere near where I could be had I done things differently.

And now it's too late to really do much about this. I've enjoyed the hobby of mining for sure. I could've lost a ton of money on this and have not even lost a single penny. So it could be worse. But it could have been so, so much better if I'd played my hand right.
I bet on the wrong pony boys. Better luck next race. lol

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT

Last edited by Riptide : Oct 8, 2021 at 11:46 PM.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 9, 2021, 04:12 AM   #2224
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Earn rate is seriously down now.
However, with current prices I am at 4.4 Gs. This means my both computers are fully paid up (about 2.9 Gs) and 1.5 cards are paid up (out of 3 but technically 1 card was free to me since I bought it with my miles). So really I need another 600 smokes before all my equipment is fully paid up.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:43 PM   #2225
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Monero is phenomenal, including all the other privacy coins. Having said that I never invested in any privacy coins simply because those are the ones the govt will crack down on and force exchanges to delist. IRS offered $750,000 I think to anyone who could crack Monero inner workings.

Are you guys keeping all your mined $$ in BTC? That's super conservative but smart. I degen into other coins. $SOL gave me an 11x so far. 9x on $LUNA. $VRA 8x so far but this one's gonna fly way more. All these coins will do 5-20x+ more by the time this bull run is over. I actually could of put my $20k of GPUs into almost anything decent last year instead. Literally would be a millionaire already. I'm learning
Old Oct 9, 2021, 01:31 PM   #2226
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I am not putting real money in coin but seems that is the smarter thing to do then run GPUs all day long.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 01:39 PM   #2227
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm not worried. Gaming on the blockchain is going to be the next biggest thing. I'll be getting into everything early between now and 2030. $$$$$$$ to be made and I mean trillions$$ in gaming alone will be made.

That's where we get in. Then everyone on rage can have a 6090rtx by then
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:59 AM   #2228
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So, bit of an update for my meager setup. After selling half my monero to pay the rig off I've quit using my gpus to mine eth and get paid in monero.

Now they're pointed at ethermine and I'm getting paid in eth directly. I picked the worst possible time to do this as far as stacking eth goes since the difficulty is sky high and rewards are not good. At least I should have a little bit of it tucked away once it goes proof of stake. I kept my CPUs on monero so am still getting some of that just not anywhere near what I was.

Also converted my rig over to hiveos. My hash rates are no better than before so no improvement there. I did it mainly just to tinker with it. I like the UI and the remote management. It also seems less finicky and generally more stable vs windows. For just a single rig windows is fine but if you have multiples hive is a huge improvement.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT

Last edited by Riptide : Oct 13, 2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:15 AM   #2229
KAC
It might be gays!

I have no clue what you are talking about Rip but I am sure you are into this shite hard core like.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:21 PM   #2230
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

What is the Monero cpu mining like? Is it even profitable?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:12 PM   #2231
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
What is the Monero cpu mining like? Is it even profitable?
Barely profitable.

I have a 3600 and a 5950x mining on an algo switching pool (monero ocean) making basically $1.60 total before electricity costs. After electricity I'm still out ahead but it is really not anywhere even in the same neighborhood as gpu mining.

I like monero so still want to continue earning some even if it's basically a pittance.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:19 PM   #2232
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Monero is great, exactly what we should have and use. Especially since the USA gov't now wants to track all transactions $600+. They don't like freedom, the slippery slope continues.

I'm sure they'll find a way to force all centralized exchanges to not transact in any privacy coins. It might get pushed to decentralized exchanges, but we all know they're the best anyways.

I wish you luck, and hope Monero 10x from here.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 01:07 PM   #2233
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

btc poumpin up teh shet
Old Oct 15, 2021, 01:22 PM   #2234
KAC
It might be gays!

Over 5Gs now. Means my equipment is fully paid up. Anything now is pure profit.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:09 PM   #2235
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Bitcoin futures ETF monday.

We're going $200k+ for sure next year and beyond
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:11 PM   #2236
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Over 5Gs now. Means my equipment is fully paid up. Anything now is pure profit.
Nice job sir! Mine paid for themselves roughly 2.2x over. Sadly I'd have been better off buying any decent big cap coin and had a larger ROI than investing in GPUs.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:17 PM   #2237
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Nice job sir! Mine paid for themselves roughly 2.2x over. Sadly I'd have been better off buying any decent big cap coin and had a larger ROI than investing in GPUs.
Of course but then you wouldn’t have had fun in building the rigs.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 08:59 AM   #2238
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Of course but then you wouldn’t have had fun in building the rigs.
Exactly! It's a fun journey when you're mining. Plus I'll keep on mining during the bear market. Stash it away for better days to realize profits.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:11 AM   #2239
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eth PoS ---> Now they're expecting coding to be done Feb 2022 and actually implemented June 2022. Difficulty bomb moved from Dec 2021 to June 2022.
Keep mining
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:55 AM   #2240
KAC
It might be gays!

Word up bitches. I am not stopping this crap again. Will keep on pumping up the shet till June 2022. Time to order some 3070s and a rig.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:42 PM   #2241
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Don't stop now. ATH around the corner. Even with mining down the fiat value is way up.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 01:26 AM   #2242
KAC
It might be gays!

64 Gs bitches. Earn rate is down the drain though.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:17 AM   #2243
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Past 66G. New all time high.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:38 AM   #2244
KAC
It might be gays!

The Gs are strong but earn rate is really crap.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:53 PM   #2245
KAC
It might be gays!

Tanked 6Gs.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 06:42 PM   #2246
Riptide

I actually just built another rig. It's only hashing about 63 MH but it's a start. Got a tomahawk b450 max2 for $100. I used a ddr4 module and evga 1000w gold evga psu I had in the closet. The cpu is some cheap $80 dual core amd that came with a cute little cpu cooler.

This one was done on the cheap with a home depot wire rack. It could run up to five gpus with good spacing but for now it has just my two 6600xt in there for a whopping 63 MH. Was fun putting it together. I'm running windows on this one w/a USB wireless NIC. I wanted to run hive on it but that wasn't going to happen since it has garbage support for wireless.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT
Old Oct 22, 2021, 09:56 PM   #2247
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:19 PM   #2248
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
For 4 Gs I can have 4 3070s hashing at 240 MH/s with a 480 watts total power.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 12:32 PM   #2249
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Forget BTC the alts need time to run. That's where the money is made
Old Oct 25, 2021, 06:32 PM   #2250
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Took 6.5 Months to get my helium miner. Better be worth it