Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 19, 2021, 08:24 PM   #1531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

New Game Ready drivers dropped. Anyone try them yet?
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 03:26 AM   #1532
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I've encountered a bug with the latest two sets of drivers.

I noticed CPU performance was approx 10% lower than normal, and when I checked task manager there was NVRLA.exe using exactly 10% of CPU time while idle. Checked Nv forums and there's loads of people with the same issue. You can right click and close the exe and everything runs fine, but upon reboot it starts up again.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...igh-cpu-temps/

Last edited by demo : Jul 22, 2021 at 03:31 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 09:58 AM   #1533
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I've encountered a bug with the latest two sets of drivers.

I noticed CPU performance was approx 10% lower than normal, and when I checked task manager there was NVRLA.exe using exactly 10% of CPU time while idle. Checked Nv forums and there's loads of people with the same issue. You can right click and close the exe and everything runs fine, but upon reboot it starts up again.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...igh-cpu-temps/
I am not seeing anyting like this on my end but I do cut down the driver heavily before install. I have no NVRLA.EXE present on the system.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:34 AM   #1534
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't have that one either, but I don't use the nvidia overlay.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:03 AM   #1535
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Try using the Clean Driver on Guru3D - dude uploads a cut version of every driver with no telemetry.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:44 AM   #1536
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Try using the Clean Driver on Guru3D - dude uploads a cut version of every driver with no telemetry.
Cleann it yourself. **** Nunz and you call yourself and enthusiast
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:45 AM   #1537
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I value my time more than that.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 22, 2021, 02:09 PM   #1538
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
I value my time more than that.
It takes literally 3 seconds my dude.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 06:48 PM   #1539
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
It takes literally 3 seconds my dude.
Why would I do that? And how would I do that?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 06:50 PM   #1540
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Why would I do that? And how would I do that?
I'll post a tutorial when I get home from work. It's really easy.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 06:59 PM   #1541
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
I'll post a tutorial when I get home from work. It's really easy.
The man!

Nunz, after I get the tutorial I’ll walk you through it.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 08:36 PM   #1542
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

First off I am assuming you've download DDU and removed the old driver and have used it to disable the Windows Update Driver Updates.

Download the latest driver or whatever driver you want to use as it works for all.

Extract the driver using 7Zip, Winrar etc etc.

Next open the setup.cfg located in the Nvidia install folder using notepad. Scroll to the bottom of the documnet:

Highlight the 3 lines that I have highlighted and delete them. Your document should look like this:

Save it and close it.

Now go back to the Nvidia install folder:

The files that are not highlighted are the only files you need to have the driver install. This includes the Driver and Nvidia Control Pannel and everything will function properly.

For me this is what I install:

I use the HD Audio driver for pass through using HDMI to my receiver for my 120" screen and Physx cause Physx.

Use a custom install and select clean install.

Now you won't have any of the bloat or telemetry.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:49 PM   #1543
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Nice! I’ll give it a try on my next install. Thanx!
Old Jul 23, 2021, 02:00 AM   #1544
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I just use the overwrite option.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 06:44 AM   #1545
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Why bother downloading the driver and cleaning myself when I can just download the driver already cleaned for me haha
Old Jul 23, 2021, 08:04 AM   #1546
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Why bother downloading the driver and cleaning myself when I can just download the driver already cleaned for me haha

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 12:43 PM   #1547
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Like KAC you require your hand held.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 01:05 PM   #1548
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Like KAC you require your hand held.
Personally I require other things held.

yoz
Old Jul 23, 2021, 02:08 PM   #1549
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Personally I require other things held.

By KAC?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 02:15 PM   #1550
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

By KAC?
Nah, you'll do just fine.

yoz
Old Jul 23, 2021, 02:30 PM   #1551
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Nah, you'll do just fine.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 03:08 PM   #1552
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/47...ersion.433367/

The thread is always updated with the clean version of the most recent driver. No telemetry or GeForce Experience; only the driver, HD Audio, and PhysX are there.

I could do it myself, sure, but why bother downloading a larger driver to then cut it down, when there's a guy who does it himself? Only time I do it is if he doesn't update it quick enough, but typically within a few hours of driver release, that guy has a new version up. Pretty nice community work
Old Jul 24, 2021, 03:45 PM   #1553
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

The thread is always updated with the clean version of the most recent driver. No telemetry or GeForce Experience; only the driver, HD Audio, and PhysX are there.

I could do it myself, sure, but why bother downloading a larger driver to then cut it down, when there's a guy who does it himself? Only time I do it is if he doesn't update it quick enough, but typically within a few hours of driver release, that guy has a new version up. Pretty nice community work
I was agreeing with you, BTW.

yoz
Old Jul 24, 2021, 04:01 PM   #1554
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
I was agreeing with you, BTW.
I know, just didn't know if you knew about the thread
Old Jul 24, 2021, 04:02 PM   #1555
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I know, just didn't know if you knew about the thread
I did not, thanks.

yoz
Old Jul 24, 2021, 07:12 PM   #1556
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Cheers hapy and nunz, good info
Old Jul 25, 2021, 09:32 AM   #1557
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Thanks ,this is very useful information.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 04:24 PM   #1558
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Old Oct 12, 2021, 05:26 PM   #1559
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Videocard

Quote:
No more Standard version. Reddit be !__!

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2021, 02:09 PM   #1560
Nunz
RIP Roxen

496.49 - Game Ready for BF2042 E.A., Guardians of the Galaxy, COD Vanguard, and more.

Clean Driver:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/49...ersion.433367/