Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Totally lost interest in The Sims 2..

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, I totally lost interest in the game. Used to play the game 10-12 hours per day (was totally immersed in the Sims 2 world as my avatar might suggest), but now, I can't even play it more than half an hour without boring my a** off. Wow, I never saw this day coming. Even bought the new Open for Business expansion hoping it'll interest me in the game again... no luck. Anyone here who shares the same experiences? Know of possible reasons why I lost interest so quickly?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:27 PM   #2
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah.. I tried the first game for a hour or so, then I lost interest in it and never touched a Sims game or expansion since..
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:36 PM   #3
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

12 hours per day playing The Sims?
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:39 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Used to play the game 10-12 hours per day
You say you lost interest quickly??

How about you just overdid it. Try taking a break...it does wonders

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:52 PM   #5
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

looks like you took the game to the extreme and your mind finally said "ugh, I've had enough of this ****!".
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:54 PM   #6
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Just take a break from it indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:58 PM   #7
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor
Just take a break from it indeed.
Actually, already did. Didn't play for 1/2 a year before I reinstalled Sims 2 and got the new expansion.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, I totally lost interest in the game. Used to play the game 10-12 hours per day (was totally immersed in the Sims 2 world as my avatar might suggest), but now, I can't even play it more than half an hour without boring my a** off. Wow, I never saw this day coming. Even bought the new Open for Business expansion hoping it'll interest me in the game again... no luck. Anyone here who shares the same experiences? Know of possible reasons why I lost interest so quickly?
coly hrap dude.. 10-12 hours per day? Take a break!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:00 PM   #9
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead
looks like you took the game to the extreme and your mind finally said "ugh, I've had enough of this ****!".
Maybe that's it.

Keep 'em coming guys!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:09 PM   #10
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, I'll play for like 6 hours a day for about a week straight, then I'll take a week off, then I'll go back into it. I don't get tired of it because I'm still pushing for the first generation roll-over.

I started off with a bunch of adults, raised them up to the top, got them married with kids. Then the kids grew up to college age and I made the adults into elderly while they were in college (about 90% done with that) and I'm also bringing my kids through college which can be a chore sometimes but other times it gets real interesting (about 50% done with that). Once that's all complete my elderly will eventually die off and the college graduates will all be super-rich hopefully and raise an even better generation of children. I have an alien kid in there too and he kicks ass.

I've yet to get a vampire, and I also read that there's zombies in the University expansion but I've seen no sign of them. I also have yet to see a ghost since nobody has died.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:16 PM   #11
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Vampires usually hang out downtown. Get to know one, and become friends. He/she will eventually bite, and you'll become a vampire. Of course, standard vampire rules apply. No daylight, etc, etc. However, at night, your stats dont go down nearly as fast as they will for regular sims. Giving you much more time to do things that may be "more important" than eating, etc.
Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:20 PM   #12
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I influenced a vampire to bite some dick that sucked at drums because he kept messing up my band.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:25 PM   #13
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Turn aging off

Forever young.. I want to beeee...
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:26 PM   #14
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_141
I influenced a vampire to bite some dick that sucked at drums because he kept messing up my band.
Invite him over to your house some night. Build a fence around him, without a gate. Wait for daytime.
Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:31 PM   #15
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor
Invite him over to your house some night. Build a fence around him, without a gate. Wait for daytime.

I was going to until I got in 10 fights with him, he was -100 before. I'd have to wait for him to randomly walk down my road or something.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:49 PM   #16
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix
Turn aging off

Forever young.. I want to beeee...
That basically ruins the part of Sims 2 that makes it fun compared to the original which wasn't all that great.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:57 PM   #17
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom
That basically ruins the part of Sims 2 that makes it fun compared to the original which wasn't all that great.
But I don't want my Avatar to die. She has to murder at least 1000 Sims before I'm content
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:05 PM   #18
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I actually have The Sims 2, but to this day I don't think I've ever really played more than an hour at a time.

The game just simply bores me to death.. I don't see how people can be so hooked on it. It's as if there's no point in playing at all, because you aren't really improving any of your gaming skills, and the amount of "creativity" you can present is limited to your construction of houses, but once that's complete you're basically just plopping down items that you buy -- and once you've seen all of the items, you'll never see anything new again.

Meh.. just not appealing to me at all.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:13 PM   #19
ScottDoom
It's Okay

To me the appeal right now comes from what I described... That of raising a new generation to see how it turns out. I'm sure once I get there I'll be like: "Oh.... Ok... That's that... Ummm..." But until then I'm having fun. I just think it's neat to see people going from a house that has basically a bed with a shitty mattress, a bathroom, and a microwave to a huge mansion I got to lay out.

Way back in the day I used to want to be an architect until I realized that actually took work, and so Sims lets me make pimp mansions.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:21 PM   #20
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

This thread reminds me of a VG Cats comic:

vgcats.com
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:26 PM   #21
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Oh my, I'm going straight to hell too :P

Oh but come on, surely it's much fun to kill and burn people from these forums. It's almost as fun as tossing people around from your Outlook contacts folder back in Black & White 1 :P
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:28 PM   #22
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Jayme and I saw about the funniest thing in the Sims2 yesterday. I made myself a little nightclub to "open for business". Outside, I put a couple of those fireball generator things, right next to them was a couple of metal light poles. I didnt think anything of it.

Needless to say, as soon as I loaded up the lot for playing, the place is catching fire. Fire dept. shows up quickly and my sim is on fire, and the fireball generators keep catching the light poles on fire. (I could pause, but when things are on fire, you cant go into the build or buy modes) I couldnt delete anything, so here I am for 3 or 4 minutes trying to get my dumbass sim to get away from the fireballs, and the watching the fire dept. run around wildly putting out the fires that are breaking out all over the place.

I wish I had fraps running at the time so I could have recorded it. It was a spectacle to watch.
Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:29 PM   #23
ScottDoom
It's Okay

I have never purposely killed someone in the Sims. I don't even kill people in games like Grand Theft Auto unless I have a purpose. But yes, "killing spree" is a purpose.

Edit: Open for Business should arrive in the mail today or tomorrow. I can't wait. I'm going to make some pimp business with all the extra cash some of my older Sims have laying around.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:34 PM   #24
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

First off, let me just thank ScottDoom for the "informative" Sims 2 posts. Surely brought a new light to my thread lol.

..if any of you care, well, kinda decided to quit Sims 2 for real. Tried real hard to get back to the game today but nah.. nothing interested me enough to continue playing. Like an ex-lover, when the feeling's gone, it all shalt end baby.

Last edited by Chuck : Mar 13, 2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:31 AM   #25
Xytech
Radeon R700

Xytech is still being judged by the masses

yeah, i never kill people without a purpose either
that purpose might be; annoying me, getting in my way, etc
:P
Powercolor X1950 PRO 512mb
Asus P5LD2 SE
Antec TX1050B
500watt Smartpower 2.0
Creative audigy 4
HP 1130 (21 inch) X2
Xytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:48 AM   #26
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
Yeah.. I tried the first game for a hour or so, then I lost interest in it and never touched a Sims game or expansion since..

QFT

EDIT: Mail me your Sims2 and OfB, k?
Thanks

Last edited by sittal : Mar 14, 2006 at 09:51 AM.
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:30 PM   #27
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've been thinking of reinstalling it myself.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:28 AM   #28
ScottDoom
It's Okay

I got the Open for Business expansion in the mail today and installed it. I just spent a few hours playing. Good lawd, it's tough running a business.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:55 AM   #29
Reese
Living for today.

Reese is still being judged by the masses

i suddenly lose inrest in gmaes all the time too, but i often come back to finish them. I've been playing RO private servers on and off for like 3-4 years.