Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 27, 2021, 04:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default my VR game project - requesting feedback

Been trying to find a good dungeon crawler game ever since I got my quest 2, haven't found anything I really liked so decided to see if I could make my own, see pics below.

At this point it's just a hobby, not sure if VR is dead or not, but it sure is a blast to work in.

Could use some player feedback at this point, apk file is here = https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz9hlc8vg0..._Vanz.apk?dl=0

Just download file then install on Quest2 using Sidequest and play (should work on Q1, though haven't tried).

Feedback is appreciated, but please be somewhat nice if possible...

note, haven't spent any time optimizing yet so frame rate might drop in areas.

Thanks,

Vanz

ps. Maybe this should go in game forum, but would appreciate any feedback even from those that don’t play games regularly...

if you want solution to Level 1 (only level so far):

1. Get past the shooting arrows on the ramp area
2. Drop a small barrel on the pressure plate to stop arrows
3. Then roll a ball or another barrel from the top near the gate and knock the barrel off
4. Go through gate and get prism
5. Use prism on pedastal in statue room, walk through wall where light is redirected and blue
6. Get orb, use orb to pass through stairs in darkness area (torches dont work), go through portal
7. Done

Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

What have you done? Not only did you put a big spider in the game, you made it crawl on th walls. Have you gone mad? What's next murderous clowns?

On another note, I'll download this later today and give it a try.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2021, 06:28 PM   #3
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Isn't this Hexen?
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 27, 2021, 06:51 PM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don't have VR to test it with, but it looks great! Keep it up
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2021, 09:44 PM   #5
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I don't have VR to test it with, but it looks great! Keep it up
Seconded. YouTube play vid plz?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 01:46 AM   #6
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Holy cow Vanz had no idea you were so friggin talented.

Any other games you worked on that we can try?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 03:31 PM   #7
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
On another note, I'll download this later today and give it a try.
thanks would appreciate the feedback... if anyone else can find the time would appreciate the feedback... yeah, making a vid sounds like a good next step...

I used to really enjoy the older DC games like Wizardy, Bard's Tale, Ultima Underworld ...etc, so wanted to capture that dark creepy dungeon exploring feel but in VR... never actually played Hexen, but it did look decent...

Don't have a name for this yet, thoughts are welcome... right now the two I have are "VR Dungeon Crawler"... yeah super original I know and "Dungeons of Daggamar"... not really in love with either name... Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

I'm having more fun creating this than I have ever had playing an actual game, it's kinda weird... programming it in Unity, I bought a few assets, one for the walls, ground, some props...etc and one for the spiders, the rest are free assets that I hope to upgrade at some point...
Old Apr 28, 2021, 03:48 PM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Holy cow Vanz had no idea you were so friggin talented.

Any other games you worked on that we can try?
thanks... do not, its hard enough working on one for right now...

Last edited by Vanz_007 : Apr 30, 2021 at 04:36 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 06:40 PM   #9
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Alright, not sure I made it through the whole game, but here's my initial feedback:
  • Too dark. Dark can be good for atmosphere, but it's too hard to navigate around the environment, especially in large open spaces. There's one room that has alot of areas that are cliffs, so visibility distance is a gameplay problem there. Also, having to walk all the way to the edge of a large room just to know that there's a wall on the perimeter. I recommend increasing the range of your torchlight by quite a bit, as well as adding additional lights around perimeters of large rooms. Also, the Quest2 LCD screen is not really great for super dark scenes (The Quest1 screen would be alot better). Aesthetically, I'd recommend having some mix of light & dark for contrast in every scene, just to make the graphics pop a bit. The latest Doom games do a good job with achieving a dark atmospheric look, without actually being overly dark.
  • Framerate is an issue. I'm sure you expect to optimize framerate later.
  • The pointer-rays that you can use to pick up items is a bit janky. Consider making them more forgiving... increase the collision cone size to make them show up?
  • Items seem to only have a single place/angle to hold them. The spear was especially awkward.
  • At one point I found a metal torch on the wall and expected to be able to take it as an upgrade over my wooden torch, but it wasn't interactive.
  • I found 3 kinds of enemies. Crawling spiders, a ceiling spider, and a troll. There wasn't really any feedback when they attacked me, or when I attacked them, so it felt very sudden and unexpected with they died or i died. I also wasn't sure which items I could hit them with to do any damage. I died several times trying to hit the ceiling spider with a stick, and eventually killed it with a spear.
  • Not sure what the treasure was for. I killed everything before I picked up any treasure, so at least I didn't lose any when I died.
  • I could teleport through some of the doors.
  • In the cliff-room, I walked down the stairs to the forcefield. I wasn't sure whether there was an objective somewhere I needed to complete to open the forcefield, but I was able to walk through it, and then I died. Wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 04:28 PM   #10
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Alright, not sure I made it through the whole game, but here's my initial feedback:
  • Too dark. Dark can be good for atmosphere, but it's too hard to navigate around the environment, especially in large open spaces. There's one room that has alot of areas that are cliffs, so visibility distance is a gameplay problem there. Also, having to walk all the way to the edge of a large room just to know that there's a wall on the perimeter. I recommend increasing the range of your torchlight by quite a bit, as well as adding additional lights around perimeters of large rooms. Also, the Quest2 LCD screen is not really great for super dark scenes (The Quest1 screen would be alot better). Aesthetically, I'd recommend having some mix of light & dark for contrast in every scene, just to make the graphics pop a bit. The latest Doom games do a good job with achieving a dark atmospheric look, without actually being overly dark.
  • Framerate is an issue. I'm sure you expect to optimize framerate later.
  • The pointer-rays that you can use to pick up items is a bit janky. Consider making them more forgiving... increase the collision cone size to make them show up?
  • Items seem to only have a single place/angle to hold them. The spear was especially awkward.
  • At one point I found a metal torch on the wall and expected to be able to take it as an upgrade over my wooden torch, but it wasn't interactive.
  • I found 3 kinds of enemies. Crawling spiders, a ceiling spider, and a troll. There wasn't really any feedback when they attacked me, or when I attacked them, so it felt very sudden and unexpected with they died or i died. I also wasn't sure which items I could hit them with to do any damage. I died several times trying to hit the ceiling spider with a stick, and eventually killed it with a spear.
  • Not sure what the treasure was for. I killed everything before I picked up any treasure, so at least I didn't lose any when I died.
  • I could teleport through some of the doors.
  • In the cliff-room, I walked down the stairs to the forcefield. I wasn't sure whether there was an objective somewhere I needed to complete to open the forcefield, but I was able to walk through it, and then I died. Wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.
thanks SubCog, this is a very early version v1.00 as I just started this a couple months ago, appreciate your feedback, thank you!

Most of the stuff you mention I think I can fix fairly quickly, I like your idea about looking at recent Doom games to make it look dark but still not be frustrating... I personally like the dark atmosphere but can see how others could find it frustrating...

The spear is meant to be thrown from over your shoulder... when working on stuff I get too close and miss communicating things I take for granted... thanks...

Yeah, the melee fighting system is tough, been struggling with that, I’m not sure of a great feedback system, maybe blood splatters or flashing the screen red… know of any great VR melee fighting experiences?

As for the bottom of the stairs, that's a puzzle area, there's a solution in the spoiler at top of this thread…

The treasure is a placeholder for now, I need to implement a health and money system

yeah, maybe I should make all torches interactable, that's not that hard to do... hmm...

At some point I would like to upload to Sidequest and get more user feedback and I need to partner or hire an artist as some point...

I'm currently working on a menu system, roughing something in for now....

Old Apr 30, 2021, 04:47 PM   #11
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

by the way does anyone have ideas for dungeon crawler puzzles, or remember any fun ones you played in the past?

this is a very very early version, if anyone wants to work on this please PM me, could use help with lots of crap, like the below and then some:
  • testing - improving all aspects of the game
  • designing maps
  • creating puzzles
  • art work - menu system
  • title screen
  • maybe setting up a forum/discord or something for feedback and improvements

I'm finding working in VR very satisfying for some reason... so immersive and fun...

Last edited by Vanz_007 : May 3, 2021 at 09:04 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 05:30 PM   #12
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

By the way, I also appreciate that you guys did not slam the sh!t out of this... it's hard to create something and then put it out for public feedback...

it's easy for some a-hole to tear it down and then lose motivation...

Rage is a classy/decent place, I must admit... well maybe not classy but at least not a dumpster fire, sh!t place like other places I've seen...
Old Apr 30, 2021, 05:32 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't have VR but looks pretty good for one guy to be working on.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:56 PM   #14
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
By the way, I also appreciate that you guys did not slam the sh!t out of this... it's hard to create something and then put it out for public feedback...

it's easy for some a-hole to tear it down and then lose motivation...

Rage is a classy/decent place, I must admit... well maybe not classy but at least not a dumpster fire, sh!t place like other places I've seen...

Yeah at this phase you really want constructive criticism, not praise. Lots of refinement & exploration to go before it really turns into anything, although this demo definitely shows off the vision & atmosphere. Looking forward to trying out the next versions.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:40 PM   #15
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

In terms of games that do a good job accomplishing a "dark" feel, here's some examples I found on teh googles.

Interesting to see examples of how they can contrast a few really bright elements to make the dark elements feel much darker.

Also see how they tend to darken non-interactive areas on the edges of the game field to offer a more brooding look, while actually keeping most of the play areas are pretty well lit.

Doom often achieves a "dark" look by limiting the color pallet of a particular scene, sometimes making everything blue, red, or yellow. Crushing down the total colors can make everything feel dark, without actually being dark.

Also, Doom uses alot of distance-fog to obfuscate details, making the scene feel extra dark.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Apr 30, 2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:42 PM   #16
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Apr 30, 2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:55 PM   #17
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 1, 2021, 12:13 AM   #18
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 1, 2021, 12:16 AM   #19
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

This is the worse Anime Real Time Strategy City Building Survival Game I have ever played...

There I just slammed the game.

but seriously, i was going to give my feedback, but then Subcog said it all, and better then I would have stated it.

But I like where this is going.

As for puzzles. I always loved riddle puzzles. Dungeon Master from 1987 had those kinds of riddle puzzles.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 01:01 AM   #20
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's certainly a good idea to aim for Quest userbase, they're starved for games plus it's flying off the shelves.

Keep going!
Old May 1, 2021, 03:44 PM   #21
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Couple, actually allot, of SubCog's screens show this. But when dealing with "dark" don't forget that shadows don't have to be pitch black. You can play with other dark tones(blue tones are common). This will play better to the inherent issue with LCD's not displaying pure blacks very well.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 04:10 PM   #22
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

thanks SubCog and all for the feedback, really appreciate it... working on fixes and improvements now...

in terms of finishing the level you need to find the blue orb to get through the area that blows out your torches and is pitch black, the blue orb is the only item that provides light through this area, otherwise you can't see...

to get the blue orb you need the prism to redirect the light in the statue room, insert it into the pedestal where the white light is coming through, it will deflect the light to hit the wall, you can then walk through this wall...

I need more puzzle ideas for level 2...

when you get to the end of level 1, there is a portal that will teleport you to outer space where you find a special staff... not sure what to do with this staff yet, I was thinking it would open up magic casting abilities... I dunno...
Old May 3, 2021, 04:12 PM   #23
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Couple, actually allot, of SubCog's screens show this. But when dealing with "dark" don't forget that shadows don't have to be pitch black. You can play with other dark tones(blue tones are common). This will play better to the inherent issue with LCD's not displaying pure blacks very well.
hmm, I struggle with the lighting stuff, I can easily change all the lights but I don't feel comfortable in making these lighting changes, maybe I'll posts some versions (various lighting changes on a set scene) and ask for guidance from you guys... thanks...
Old May 3, 2021, 04:28 PM   #24
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
As for puzzles. I always loved riddle puzzles. Dungeon Master from 1987 had those kinds of riddle puzzles.
do you recall how they went? looking for inspiration/ideas... I won't copy any but one idea can often spark many more...
Old May 3, 2021, 04:39 PM   #25
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
do you recall how they went? looking for inspiration/ideas... I won't copy any but one idea can often spark many more...
Remnant from the Ashes has some puzzles that might pique your interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_59BFMO59LE

The video is a little annoying, but basically, have a series of runes/characters somewhere of your choosing.

They will correspond with runes/characters on a floor puzzle that need to be walked on in the same order as what's on the wall, or where ever you placed them.

They're not overly difficult, but it's satisfying to unlock them.

Also....cannot remember where I saw this...I series of rings on the locked door. Symbols that the rings need to be turned to match can be hidden throughout the map. 4 or maybe 5 rings worth.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 04:39 PM   #26
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
not from the game (that I remember) but

Something like a riddle carved into a wall a ways back.. eventually you stumble on various doors with different tile mosaics on the floor in front of them. If they're all next too each other, too easy. If you spread them out, they might need to think about it.

Don't make them easily openable... they'd need to bash them down to get in... and if they bash the wrong door, damage, get attacked, etc. Correct door lets them proceed.

One I made in a MUD once had a light directing a series of mirrors mounted on a pedestal in the center of a room through a maze to illuminate something.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 07:39 PM   #27
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Downloaded. I'll crank it up later and give some feedback.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2021, 08:52 PM   #28
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Downloaded. I'll crank it up later and give some feedback.
thank you, please keep in mind very early version...
Old May 3, 2021, 08:57 PM   #29
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Remnant from the Ashes has some puzzles that might pique your interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_59BFMO59LE

The video is a little annoying, but basically, have a series of runes/characters somewhere of your choosing.

They will correspond with runes/characters on a floor puzzle that need to be walked on in the same order as what's on the wall, or where ever you placed them.

They're not overly difficult, but it's satisfying to unlock them.

Also....cannot remember where I saw this...I series of rings on the locked door. Symbols that the rings need to be turned to match can be hidden throughout the map. 4 or maybe 5 rings worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
not from the game (that I remember) but

Something like a riddle carved into a wall a ways back.. eventually you stumble on various doors with different tile mosaics on the floor in front of them. If they're all next too each other, too easy. If you spread them out, they might need to think about it.

Don't make them easily openable... they'd need to bash them down to get in... and if they bash the wrong door, damage, get attacked, etc. Correct door lets them proceed.

One I made in a MUD once had a light directing a series of mirrors mounted on a pedestal in the center of a room through a maze to illuminate something.

yes, I like these, thanks for the ideas... , please keep em coming...

my next goal is to add some kind of talking NPC... maybe this chick:
https://assetstore.unity.com/package...-female-185317

although she'd be a pain for FPS on URP, so would have to confine her to small area... I'm restricted to URP pipeline for mobile Q2...
Old May 3, 2021, 09:24 PM   #30
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Saw some screenshots today for an upcoming Quest dungeon-crawler called Firedrake. Might be interesting for you to take a look at, if you're in the Oculus Quest Community facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/hues.gfx/po...58081320271191

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro