Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 8, 2020, 08:14 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
They are not bad, EVGA does seem to run hotter. But doesn't seem to affect performance. I dont know that I want to throw more watts at it with the 450watt BIOS. Still want to go for the 5600X but I really dont need it.
Really curious to see 6800/6900 XT benchies.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2020, 08:33 PM   #272
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2020, 08:46 PM   #273
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Definitely runs a lot cooler then the EVGA’s
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 8, 2020, 08:47 PM   #274
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes here is my best FTW3 score with a cold boot.
https://www.3dmark.com/pr/444069
Old Nov 8, 2020, 08:49 PM   #275
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Really curious to see 6800/6900 XT benchies.
Yea, saw the RIP 3080 comment from one of those leakers in the Navi thread, don’t know about that but it’s already shown it hangs with the 3080 in raster for the 6800XT.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 08:51 PM   #276
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Yes here is my best FTW3 score with a cold boot.
https://www.3dmark.com/pr/444069
Well that doesn’t look bad, mine runs 71 or 72 in those benches. I think my system just runs hot.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:01 PM   #277
KAC
It might be gays!

Why you gays have such weak sauce benches? I thought my 8086K was holding back. Doesn’t seem like it. I need to do a cold boot TUF bench. Think will do it when I get home. Get them MHZ pumping.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:17 PM   #278
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Turn off DLSS and set the resolution scale to .8 you will get a better looking game with similar performance. The DLSS in Metro is 1.0. It’s blurry and has issues with HDR.
This was good advice. HDR gamma is a little wonky in this but a few adjustments to my TV's HDR calibration fixed it. DLSS breaks HDR in this game and looks like a blurry mess so I disabled it.

So far I just escaped the church towards the beginning of the game but my FPS have stayed above 59 the entire time with everything maxed out and my pixel shading at .8 with scaling like you recommended. It looks great at 4k with RTX lighting. So far the game has not been as demanding as the benchmark though.

EDIT:

So I've done some messing around and decided to play in Ultra mode without scaling. I can't handle the extreme mode without DLSS and I'd rather use HDR with the natural sharpness of 4k resolution. The visual difference between ultra and extreme isn't huge and I feel like some sacrifice must be made but I'd rather use up all the real estate of my panel so that's what I ended up settling on in the end. So I'm using Ultra mode in 4k without DLSS and HDR enabled with all other effects maxed, pixel shading at it's default of 1.0. I'll save extreme mode for my next GPU upgrade. I've also set motion blur to low because I don't really like the effect.

Last edited by the_sextein : Nov 9, 2020 at 01:09 AM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 07:21 AM   #279
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Why you gays have such weak sauce benches? I thought my 8086K was holding back. Doesn’t seem like it. I need to do a cold boot TUF bench. Think will do it when I get home. Get them MHZ pumping.
Your only talking like 1FPS more.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 07:37 AM   #280
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
You dun fuked up now.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 08:04 AM   #281
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
3-4 FPS max?

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 08:07 AM   #282
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
You dun fuked up now.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:22 AM   #283
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
System memory speed seems to have quite the impact for me. Still working on it atm. Bumped it up a little again and it increased my score a bit.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/52806286?

Surprised at the difference it is making. BTW, are you all benching with your actual clocks your gaming with or are you using special benchmark score clocks?
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:32 AM   #284
KAC
It might be gays!

FTW3 was using special clocks.
TUF OC is using gaming clocks.
The cold boot run will be with special clocks again.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:54 AM   #285
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Boundary Benchmark 1440p Balance DLSS - 83.9

Bright Memory 1440p, RTX Normal, DLSS Balanced: 99

Depending on if these are GPU or CPU bound I would expect an Intel CPU to do better below 4K. At least until Ryzen 5000 that is.
Quote:
Boundary, same settings: 86.0

Bright Memory, same settings: 99
Boundary same settings 88.7

Bright Memory same settings 104
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:03 AM   #286
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Boundary same settings 88.7

Bright Memory same settings 104

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:27 PM   #287
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Yep no 5600X's to be found. Unless you want to pay close to a 5900X's price.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:33 PM   #288
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Yep no 5600X's to be found. Unless you want to pay close to a 5900X's price.
Yeah no, F that. And F camping outside MC too!

yoz
Old Nov 10, 2020, 06:16 AM   #289
KAC
It might be gays!

Here is another run w/ a relatively cold boot. +185 on the core and +1200 for memory.
https://www.3dmark.com/pr/488129

Second run I did by clocking the CPU at 5 Gs and ram at 3800 MHz but unfortunately was lower than the first run.
https://www.3dmark.com/pr/488141

Gays.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:37 AM   #290
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Here is another run w/ a relatively cold boot. +185 on the core and +1200 for memory.
https://www.3dmark.com/pr/488129

Second run I did by clocking the CPU at 5 Gs and ram at 3800 MHz but unfortunately was lower than the first run.
https://www.3dmark.com/pr/488141

Gays.
Super tight benchies, I can see you're loving that TUF.

yoz
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:42 AM   #291
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Try putting your tip in the fan!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:45 AM   #292
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Try putting your tip in the fan!
I thought everyone here was giving you the tip...

yoz
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:58 AM   #293
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
I thought everyone here was giving you the tip...
Could be, I'm the only rager delivering 3080's.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:58 AM   #294
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
tru.dat!

yoz
Old Nov 10, 2020, 09:07 AM   #295
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
I delivered 3090 before you, nub!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 09:27 AM   #296
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

What is this, Death Stranding Rage3D edition?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2020, 10:28 AM   #297
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
I delivered 3090 before you, nub!
Pfffft, Nobody got time fo no 3090's.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:17 AM   #298
KAC
It might be gays!

So you gays wanted to know my core clocks while gaming right.
Well Nunz was partially right that stressing the graphics card will bring down the clocks. So I ran Horizon Zero Dawn at 4K and these are my typical clocks. There were instances where it dropped to 1980 as well.

But on the other hand he was also quite wrong because for most games my clocks are typically in the 2040, 2055 and in Watch Dogs Legion 2085 mark even after full blown settings and playing for over 1 hour.

So moral of the story. Card runs 2040-2100 MHz at 1440P hours on end.
TUF OC is set at +125 MHz on the core and +1000 MHz on the memory for daily use. 4K will bring card down to 2000 MHz average.

With all this crap it runs at max temps of 63C quietly in a closed case for hours on end. FTW3 averaged 1950 MHz after 450 watts bios and +50 on the core. Anything higher would run it in the 74-75 C territory which I wasn’t willing to do. With the above setting FTW3 was doing 71 C with a fan that was noisy as ****. Ain’t no time to test more. Just gaming now!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:22 AM   #299
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
So moral of the story. Card runs 2040-2100 MHz at 1440P hours on end.
TUF OC is set at +125 MHz on the core and +1000 MHz on the memory for daily use. 4K will bring card down to 2000 MHz average.

With all this crap it runs at max temps of 63C quietly in a closed case for hours on end. FTW3 averaged 1950 MHz after 450 watts bios and +50 on the core. Anything higher would run it in the 74-75 C territory which I wasn’t willing to do. With the above setting FTW3 was doing 71 C with a fan that was noisy as ****. Ain’t no time to test more. Just gaming now!
TUF FTW!

yoz
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:24 AM   #300
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Yea, the TUF runs like 10C cooler.