Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 31, 2021, 02:56 PM   #6451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I'm getting my second shot today. And because of the Delta variant, I'm keeping my mask on from here out. Frankly it's not over yet and the vaccine both doesn't protect me from Delta variant infection, being a carrier and infecting others. Easy decision.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 05:01 PM   #6452
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Florida just hit a crazy amount of new daily cases reported. I mask up everywhere but the gun store now. I would there, but nobody else does, so it's useless.

Work, we would like to welcome everyone back into the office this fall. Nah, I'm good from home.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 05:25 PM   #6453
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

I keep hearing stories of dying patients begging their doctors to give them the vaccine, and the docs saying "sorry, its too late for that". Heartbreaking for sure, but geez it's hard to not think these people deserve it.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 31, 2021, 07:33 PM   #6454
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Theoretically what we expect to happen is for these virus strains to get more and more transmissible, while also getting less and less harmful over time.

Unfortunately Delta isn't following theory. This is from the leaked CDC powerpoint:

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.c...827155.#page=1
dodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 08:08 PM   #6455
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wearing a mask is one of the easiest thing you could possibly do. I don’t get the hesitancy at all. It’s so damn easy? I do agree with the general irritation because selfish people made this happen to everyone. But it’s what is happening so can’t do much about that now except bitch about it.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 08:44 PM   #6456
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Florida on Friday reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19 — the most infections in a single day since the start of the pandemic, according to data released Saturday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...s-record-high/

This isn't the direction we want to go in.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 09:00 PM   #6457
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Wearing a mask is one of the easiest thing you could possibly do. I don’t get the hesitancy at all. It’s so damn easy? I do agree with the general irritation because selfish people made this happen to everyone. But it’s what is happening so can’t do much about that now except bitch about it.
Exactly. Wearing a mask is the one intervention we can all do that DOESN'T infringe on our freedoms. Far preferable to shutdowns. Not sure why so many morons are against it. (Actually I do know, but that goes into P&R territory)

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 09:02 PM   #6458
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I don't really care whether you get the hesitancy or not, and calling people moron's for being sick of this mask BS is hilarious. It's beyond P&R territory, it's being insulting for no reason what so ever. It's not "so damn easy" wearing a mask for 12 hours while working out in the heat. It's not "so damn easy" nor is it comfortable to wear a mask while performing tasks that pertain to my job. It's annoying, frustrating, and ridiculous.

If you didn't get vaccinated, and get Delta, then that's your decision. The very large majority of vaccinated people who are getting the Delta strain are suffering mild symptoms, so why are we wearing masks again? To protect the unvaccinated? If they don't want to get vaccinated, then that is their decision and the repercussions of that decision are their own. Die? Consequence of your actions. Hospitalized and very sick? Consequence of your actions.

We are past the point of stopping different strains and "eradicating" COVID. Mandating masks for those who are already vaccinated is ****ing stupid. I'll be lined up for the inevitable booster shot when it becomes available.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Jul 31, 2021 at 09:08 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 09:33 PM   #6459
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't really care whether you get the hesitancy or not, and calling people moron's for being sick of this mask BS is hilarious. It's beyond P&R territory, it's being insulting for no reason what so ever. It's not "so damn easy" wearing a mask for 12 hours while working out in the heat. It's not "so damn easy" nor is it comfortable to wear a mask while performing tasks that pertain to my job. It's annoying, frustrating, and ridiculous.

If you didn't get vaccinated, and get Delta, then that's your decision. The very large majority of vaccinated people who are getting the Delta strain are suffering mild symptoms, so why are we wearing masks again? To protect the unvaccinated? If they don't want to get vaccinated, then that is their decision and the repercussions of that decision are their own. Die? Consequence of your actions. Hospitalized and very sick? Consequence of your actions.

We are past the point of stopping different strains and "eradicating" COVID. Mandating masks for those who are already vaccinated is ****ing stupid. I'll be lined up for the inevitable booster shot when it becomes available.
Yes. That’s exactly what CDC required. All people working outside in the heat for 12 hours a day must wear a mask. Wtf???? I was talking about the real world. Not some exaggerated scenario that you made up. Go read the actual recommendation before flying off the handle. Following CDC guidelines is easy.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 09:44 PM   #6460
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

There is no exaggerated scenario I've made up. That's literally what is being mandated by the DOD and forced on us.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 31, 2021, 09:54 PM   #6461
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
There is no exaggerated scenario I've made up. That's literally what is being mandated by the DOD and forced on us.
To be fair, the DOD only mandated as far as the CDC guidance went; mask wearing indoors.

Your unit seems to have "added to that regulation". But at least it's not an M50 amirite?

That said, I do think that many people who think it's no big deal to wear a mask have never had the pleasure of wearing one for more than an hour or so at a time. There are people who do shift work, 8 hours, 12 hours, sometimes 24 hours where wearing a mask becomes a veritable hell.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:05 PM   #6462
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I just don't get the point of the masks for vaccinated people. If the idea is to protect the unvaccinated then get the vaccine officially approved and make it mandatory.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:13 PM   #6463
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

I think the concern is the virus mutates every time someone catches it. I read recently vaccinated person infected with delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Only nubs don’t use AirPods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
o f--- don't get me started on that.
I think the concern is the virus mutates every time someone catches it. I read recently a vaccinated person infected with delta has a high enough viral load to infect others. So while it would only give mild symptoms to vaccinates individuals you're risking a mutation by passing it along.

What kind of mask do you wear?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:17 PM   #6464
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Like I said, we are past the point of stopping different strains or halting mutations. It's too widespread for that. I'd argue we've been in that boat for many months now .. just nobody wants to accept it. We are on track to get a yearly booster shot along with the Flu in order to build immunity.. I'd rather that than this mask **** too.

I have to wear an N95 when in Germany but in the States I wear a shitty cloth one. It's still annoying when you're sweating, and then the mask gets wet. It's ****ing gross honestly. I bring 2-3 with me to work but it's a frustrating ordeal.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:34 PM   #6465
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
There are people who do shift work, 8 hours, 12 hours, sometimes 24 hours where wearing a mask becomes a veritable hell.
It's true, there is HUGE difference between wearing it for an hour while you go grocery shopping and for 9 hours while you are at work. Lugging around computers and crouching, bending, and crawling in small spaces every day with that mask on makes it hard to breathe (for laughs, try running up 5 flights of corporate stairs with one on lol).

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:35 PM   #6466
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Like I said, we are past the point of stopping different strains or halting mutations. It's too widespread for that. I'd argue we've been in that boat for many months now .. just nobody wants to accept it. We are on track to get a yearly booster shot along with the Flu in order to build immunity.. I'd rather that than this mask **** too.

I have to wear an N95 when in Germany but in the States I wear a shitty cloth one. It's still annoying when you're sweating, and then the mask gets wet. It's ****ing gross honestly. I bring 2-3 with me to work but it's a frustrating ordeal.
Ah but Germany allows for the shitty paper medical masks as well. I think the only reason they made the distinction was because McAfee took panties off one of his guppies and put it on his face to comply. But they still arrested him. And he died, the big lug.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:41 AM   #6467
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Nunz it's not complicated. It's to reduce spread and prevent it from reaching people it can harm.

I don't like wearing a mask. But I'll be wearing one indoors and shared spaces because it's the right thing to do.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:57 AM   #6468
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
I think the concern is the virus mutates every time someone catches it. I read recently vaccinated person infected with delta
Yes, but regarding the Provincetown outbreak, what wasn't widely reported was this:

5 vaccinated individuals hospitalized
3 of those had Johnson and Johnson (single dose, low efficacy even on earlier variants)
2 had underlying conditions (articles didn't get specific... immunocompromised?)

Now, there were still a ton of vaccinated people that got infected, and probably spread it on. I'm pretty sure that 900 person cluster wasn't direct attendance. One man interviewed said that it was the worst sickness he'd ever had in his life, but thankful that he was vaccinated so it wasn't worse.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 06:24 AM   #6469
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah Germany is either the typical blue mask or the N95 masks.

N95 masks is more recommended for people who have more risk i.e. Asthma, Diabetes etc etc
Old Aug 1, 2021, 08:23 AM   #6470
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Yeah Germany is either the typical blue mask or the N95 masks.

N95 masks is more recommended for people who have more risk i.e. Asthma, Diabetes etc etc
I think it has to do with the fact we're from out of country. They push the N95 pretty hard on us. I have worn just a regular blue one before and no one said anything, but the rules do say N95 required. This is what I've seen and where I've been .. probably different around the country.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:05 AM   #6471
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I put mine back one a while back as I can be a carrier for delta. Will get a booster in October or sooner if I can.
What vaccine did you receive? Are you in the US or UK? Are you simply expecting to be able to get a booster or has your country signalled that boosters will certainly be a thing?

I am assuming they will be a thing and the way the Federal government here in Canada has procured vaccines, I think they assume they will be needed as well.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:37 AM   #6472
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Janitor View Post
What vaccine did you receive? Are you in the US or UK? Are you simply expecting to be able to get a booster or has your country signalled that boosters will certainly be a thing?

I am assuming they will be a thing and the way the Federal government here in Canada has procured vaccines, I think they assume they will be needed as well.
USA, Pfizer. Will get booster in about 2 months time to protect from Delta, Lambda, etc.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:58 AM   #6473
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Nunz it's not complicated. It's to reduce spread and prevent it from reaching people it can harm.

I don't like wearing a mask. But I'll be wearing one indoors and shared spaces because it's the right thing to do.
COVID isn't going away and, again, has already mutated multiple times with various strains. The very large majority of people not vaccinated are not by choice - so why am I wearing a mask to protect those who chose not to get the vaccine, for whatever reason that is? Those who have had Delta with the vaccine are, large majority, suffering only minor symptoms. I completely understood the point of masking up when there was no vaccine and people were dying left, right, and center - now, the majority of people dying from COVID/Delta are the unvaccinated. That's not my problem nor anyone else. Your choice, your decisions, your consequences.

As for the small number of people that are immunocompromised and/or unable to get the vaccine .. the minority is so small that it doesn't make sense to base state-wide/federal-wide rules off of that percentage.

I'm not sold that it's the "right thing to do". The right thing to do would be pushing the FDA to get the vaccine approved so the argument of it being "experimental" can go away and we can, hopefully, have an even higher rate of vaccinated individuals.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:51 PM   #6474
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Because that doesn't make sense. You have to keep it up and keep fighting to eleminate it or else you end up in variant hell forever.

Not to mention long-covid. This is not a virus we can just live with and let it stick around.

System:
Old Aug 1, 2021, 02:41 PM   #6475
Nunz
RIP Roxen

What doesn't make sense? Your blanket statement doesn't really do much for a discussion. You aren't going to eliminate COVID. I don't know if that's not become obvious yet, but it's in far too many people, in far too many countries across the world, to ever go away entirely. We're already in variant hell, there's no more trying to stop that. I'd argue this was inevitable anyway, since we couldn't roll out a vaccine in time. We got one out fairly quickly, but I don't think it would have been possible to avoid variants coming about - at least not realistically.

It's not a virus we can live with? Uh.. we're well past the point of that being a choice.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:00 PM   #6476
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
COVID isn't going away and, again, has already mutated multiple times with various strains. The very large majority of people not vaccinated are not by choice - so why am I wearing a mask to protect those who chose not to get the vaccine, for whatever reason that is? Those who have had Delta with the vaccine are, large majority, suffering only minor symptoms. I completely understood the point of masking up when there was no vaccine and people were dying left, right, and center - now, the majority of people dying from COVID/Delta are the unvaccinated. That's not my problem nor anyone else. Your choice, your decisions, your consequences.

As for the small number of people that are immunocompromised and/or unable to get the vaccine .. the minority is so small that it doesn't make sense to base state-wide/federal-wide rules off of that percentage.

I'm not sold that it's the "right thing to do". The right thing to do would be pushing the FDA to get the vaccine approved so the argument of it being "experimental" can go away and we can, hopefully, have an even higher rate of vaccinated individuals.
As has been said numerous times, the more variants and mutations it won't matter that there is a vaccine, it is only a matter of time before it mutates and gets through the protection they provide.

So, while you got the shot awesome, it isn't over, you're not done with it because others are not done with it.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:46 PM   #6477
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Wearing masks isn't going to change that. There is no end to it - there will be booster shots, probably yearly, much like what we do with the Flu shot, that target the variant they believe will be most dangerous. I'm OK with that.

Trust me when I say this: I'm done with it. I wear my mask where it's required (thankfully not in NJ ... yet. I expect that to happen this month though ..) or if someone asks, but not a second longer.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:28 PM   #6478
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Sorry about that Nunz. You are right, it was kinda of a blanket statement.

But if we just rely on vaccines then it just takes longer to combat it. Mask's are effective and easy way to help mitigate spread, both for vaccinated and un-vaccinated. It's just another tool in the box really.

I don't know. Maybe it's something to reserve for the right scenarios?

System:
Old Aug 1, 2021, 05:00 PM   #6479
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

unless it is a N95 mask it is bullshit .

these cloth masks don't do much if at all and the paper even less than a pocket full of posies

I will wear my mask if it is posted on a store but that is it .

i'm vaccinated and i'm not wearing masks for life to protect those that won't get the shot

variant Zulu will kill us all or not
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 05:43 PM   #6480
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
unless it is a N95 mask it is bullshit .

these cloth masks don't do much if at all and the paper even less than a pocket full of posies

I will wear my mask if it is posted on a store but that is it .

i'm vaccinated and i'm not wearing masks for life to protect those that won't get the shot

variant Zulu will kill us all or not
Actually they do. The idea behind mask's is to help prevent you from unintentionally spreading the virus, not preventing you from being infected. Even a basic cloth or medical mask's is very effective at doing that.

System: