Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:19 PM   #1261
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

**** berg... can't rep you but thanks i got both hitman goty and hitman 2 (regular) linked to be able to be played in hitman 3

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 05:48 AM   #1262
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've got Absolution but thought I also had others, maybe I got on PS4 or something. So no bonus for me.

Hitman: Codename 47 (2000)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002)
Hitman: Contracts (2004)
Hitman: Blood Money (2006)
Hitman: Absolution (2012)
Hitman (2016)
Hitman 2 (2018)
Hitman 3 (2021)
Hitman Go (2014)
Hitman: Sniper (2015)
Old Apr 1, 2021, 07:04 AM   #1263
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Get Hitman 3 starter pack
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...e-starter-pack

If you have Hitman 1 on Epic, then get Hitman 1 GOTY access pass for Hitman 3 for free
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...oty-edition-01
at checkout it will show $0, despite it showing $15 on store page.

If you have Hitman 1 or 2 or both on Steam, then be sure to link the accounts so you can use the content you bought from Steam with in the Hitman 3 starter pack

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pc-locat...porting-guide/

If you have Hitman 1 on Epic and did the free access pass, then you only need to transfer Hitman 2 stuff from Steam if you have Steam.

Information from this page might be relevant, especially if you want to transfer progress from previous game into Hitman 3
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/
thanks
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 9, 2021, 03:49 PM   #1264
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

3 out of 10: Season 2 free

Next up: 04/15-22/2021

Deponia - The complete Journey
Ken Follet's - The pillars of the earth
The first tree

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:09 AM   #1265
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Epic Games lost almost $181 million & $273 million on EGS in 2019 and 2020, respectively

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/epic-...-respectively/
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:34 AM   #1266
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Time to shut this service down.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:08 AM   #1267
John C Flett
Veteran of Psychic Wars

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Makes a great headline but without knowing what Epic planned / expected to sink into the store those numbers are pretty meaningless.

They're fighting for a share in a market worth about $40 billion. The question is not about how much money they lost, it's how much of the market have they gained.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:39 AM   #1268
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They're fighting for a share, without putting any effort into making their service better. Go figure.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 02:13 PM   #1269
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hope they do better and listen to feedback about improving the service.

Games are generally cheaper on Epic than on STEAM.

Steam fanboys and monopolies suck!!!!!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 03:13 PM   #1270
John C Flett
Veteran of Psychic Wars

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

By Steam Fanboys you mean customers who like a functional storefront?

Old Apr 10, 2021, 03:18 PM   #1271
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
Right? The only reason games are cheaper on Epic is because they're paying publishers.. hence how they lost so much money.

The EGS app is ****ing terrible. They've had plenty of time to make it functional and they have made little improvement. It's sad.

There's never been a monopoly either. EA store went away partly due to EGS, not steam, as they both co-existed for years with no issues. You have Ubisofts launcher, battle.net app, CDPR's app (forgot name..).. there's options. Epic is playing the "woe is me" card but where were they while PC gaming was struggling in the late 2000s into the 2010's? Oh right, they abandoned ship. The only reason they made a return is because Fortnite, a game they developed for consoles, turned out to be massively profitable because 10 year olds with parents CCs..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 03:29 PM   #1272
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Right? The only reason games are cheaper on Epic is because they're paying publishers.. hence how they lost so much money.

The EGS app is ****ing terrible. They've had plenty of time to make it functional and they have made little improvement. It's sad.

There's never been a monopoly either. EA store went away partly due to EGS, not steam, as they both co-existed for years with no issues. You have Ubisofts launcher, battle.net app, CDPR's app (forgot name..).. there's options. Epic is playing the "woe is me" card but where were they while PC gaming was struggling in the late 2000s into the 2010's? Oh right, they abandoned ship. The only reason they made a return is because Fortnite, a game they developed for consoles, turned out to be massively profitable because 10 year olds with parents CCs..
I don’t get the EGS hate. IMO, it’s the 2nd best one out. For me it goes,

Steam
Epic
Uplay
EA/GOG
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 03:35 PM   #1273
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post

Steam
Epic
Uplay
EA/GOG
Why would you put GOG's client at the bottom with EA? It allows for customer reviews, has forums for each game, and the client has achievements, screenshot functionality, community/friends activity feed, etc?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with GOG's implementation. A small user base is its only downfall.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 03:49 PM   #1274
John C Flett
Veteran of Psychic Wars

To each their own but I'd agree with you Crawdaddy; Steam top, GOG a reasonable second then a long gap with EA,Ubi, Twitch, and Epic with little to pick between them.

Athe end of the day though its the titles I'm after that really make the difference. So often there hasn't actually been much choice. EA titles weren't available anywhere else for a long time while Ubisoft still needs the Ubi client regardless of where you bought them.

Old Apr 10, 2021, 04:17 PM   #1275
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Have any major games stayed exclusive to Epic yet?

Besides f2p I mean.

Last edited by borat : Apr 10, 2021 at 04:24 PM.
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 04:27 PM   #1276
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Most of that money is to overcome player inertia... If a player always buys on Steam, and new services comes up offering the same thing, they'll shun the new thing... there's no reason to change even if the service was superior. Inertia.

Epic is getting players to install its product, and check back regularly. They're conditioning players to accept them as an option. At some point, all the freebies will go away (or become junkier like Prime, or older less sold things) and they'll have a storefront that can make money.

Sure, they need to make sure the storefront is friendly, yada yada, but frankly that's secondary to overcoming player routine. I'm sure they're working on updates as well.

Hell, the Epic vs Apple lawsuit might REALLY be about forcing Apple to give up its monopoly status and allowing other services to sell and install iPhone apps. (and it just so happens that Epic has such a store and would be happy to provide that competition.)

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Apr 11, 2021 at 07:16 AM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 04:30 PM   #1277
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Have any major games stayed exclusive to Epic yet?

Besides f2p I mean.
Why would they? Once drain all of the customers on a platform that are willing you buy from that store, why wouldn't they seek out new pools of customers?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 04:36 PM   #1278
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
People who RABIDLY defend a corporation and bash it's competitors are fanboys.

Nvidia fanboys, AMD fanboys, Steam fanboys....the list is long.

But I strongly believe in not having monopolies.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 06:38 PM   #1279
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Why would you put GOG's client at the bottom with EA? It allows for customer reviews, has forums for each game, and the client has achievements, screenshot functionality, community/friends activity feed, etc?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with GOG's implementation. A small user base is its only downfall.
I guess I just don’t use it as it doesn’t feel like there’s much reason to shop on it. Heck, I really wanted to buy Cyberpunk on GOG but it was cheaper elsewhere. I also don’t care about achievements and google generally points to the steam forums several times before any others.

EGS is easy to shop on, keeps game’s updated and is probably the quickest and easiest to launch a game on. It also does a good job with the friends list. I also like that it closes down completely when I close it.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:13 PM   #1280
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Epic Games lost almost $181 million & $273 million on EGS in 2019 and 2020, respectively
*Almost* a clickbait headline when they don't include the obvious, that losing money on the store was always the plan from the start, as they make an estimated 500mil a month from fortnite alone, not to mention the hundreds of millions they probably make from engine licenses.

The loss leader strategy has been around for decades now, this is nothing new. Hell the original xbox used loss leader tactics to gain marketshare 20 years ago, losing money on each sale, more than a billion dollars lost just to get some foothold in the market.

The article title should read "Epic games transfers some of its multiple billions of wealth to indie developers, by absorbing losses and funding indie games that wouldn't be released otherwise", but that wouldn't get page hits from the haters.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:14 PM   #1281
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That sounds more like a paid advert than an article.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:55 PM   #1282
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Why would they? Once drain all of the customers on a platform that are willing you buy from that store, why wouldn't they seek out new pools of customers?
I figured Epic might throw enough money at someone to keep their game exclusive so people don't just wait and buy it somewhere else. I don't see myself buying anything on Epic if I can wait and get it elsewhere later.
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:27 PM   #1283
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
I figured Epic might throw enough money at someone to keep their game exclusive so people don't just wait and buy it somewhere else. I don't see myself buying anything on Epic if I can wait and get it elsewhere later.
The only known permanent exclusive due to them signing that kind of deal is Airborne Kingdom.

World War Z never showed up on Steam, but the developers never stated they signed a permanent exclusive, though they did tell someone they currently dont have plans to bring the game to Steam, which to me suggests they don't have a permanent exclusive but rather not interested in bringing the game to Steam.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 09:28 AM   #1284
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
The only known permanent exclusive due to them signing that kind of deal is Airborne Kingdom.

World War Z never showed up on Steam, but the developers never stated they signed a permanent exclusive, though they did tell someone they currently dont have plans to bring the game to Steam, which to me suggests they don't have a permanent exclusive but rather not interested in bringing the game to Steam.
WWZ is on Game Pass and the Windows store so definitely not exclusive.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 06:59 PM   #1285
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzizbuka can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Steam
Epic
Uplay
EA/GOG

The new Galaxy (GOG) client is actually really good. I used it as a central repository for all the other stores. For me it's:

Steam/GOG
a pile of other turds
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 07:45 PM   #1286
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
Steam/GOG
a pile of other turds
Pretty much feel the same way. Love GOG Galaxy. Best thing about it is they allow you to actually D/L offline backup game installers. Truly DRM free.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:30 PM   #1287
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:

Steam
Epic
Uplay
EA/GOG
For me it's

GOG
Epic
Steam
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:36 PM   #1288
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

eisberg.. march your lettuce ass to the juicer for decommissioning

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:01 PM   #1289
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
eisberg.. march your lettuce ass to the juicer for decommissioning

I have committed blasphemy against the great and powerful Lord Gaben

Quote:
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:14 PM   #1290
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t even know why I have steam logged in anymore. With exception of some deep discounts most games are bought on Uplay, EA, GOG or Epic lately.

If I see the last games I played none of them have been on Steam like:

COD CW
Hitman
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Death Stranding
Forza games
Close to the sun
Medium
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Ass Creed Valhalla
Cyberpunk 2077
Dirt 5