Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Jun 21, 2021, 08:16 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxor View Post
What’s happening to Jima13? Practically no points today and he normally produces over 40% of the team’s output.
Maybe his wife finally figured out why the electric bill is so high.

EDIT: maybe not. Just checked... He's back.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2021, 01:04 PM   #122
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

We're consistently hitting triple digits here, and will be for at least another week. Dialing things down to accommodate. One of the new boxes is also having some graphical glitching, which I still need to figure out. I get the feeling that the vidcards aren't spinning up the fans properly.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 06:27 AM   #123
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

There seems to be a GPU work unit shortage, at least for my card. Haven't confirmed it on the folding forums, but I left this thing running for 44 of the last 48 hours and it's processed 4 hours' worth of folding. This morning it was on its 16th attempt, and trying #17 in 51 minutes. I'm just going to shut it off.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2021, 07:16 AM   #124
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
There seems to be a GPU work unit shortage, at least for my card. Haven't confirmed it on the folding forums, but I left this thing running for 44 of the last 48 hours and it's processed 4 hours' worth of folding. This morning it was on its 16th attempt, and trying #17 in 51 minutes. I'm just going to shut it off.
I also went through a GPU WU drought that lasted about 48 hours. It appears to be resolved now.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:31 AM   #125
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

My output is significantly reduced until after the heatwave hitting the west coast subsides. Supposed to reach around 110F again today.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:17 PM   #126
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

New CPU.

Run 3D Mark, CPU tops out at 75C.

Run Cinebench, CPU tops out at 86.7C.

Run Folding, CPU immediately hits 89C and stays there.

I think I'm going to disable the Auto OC.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:44 AM   #127
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
New CPU.

Run 3D Mark, CPU tops out at 75C.

Run Cinebench, CPU tops out at 86.7C.

Run Folding, CPU immediately hits 89C and stays there.

I think I'm going to disable the Auto OC.

Great PPD from that 5900X, but it does run hot!
Old Jul 5, 2021, 05:25 PM   #128
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxor View Post
Great PPD from that 5900X, but it does run hot!
Yep - I disabled the Auto OC (but PBO is on) and it's crunching at 450k - 490k PPD @ 87C, ~4.25 Ghz with GPU folding. I think it runs a few C cooler when the GPU idles but I didn't take notes so don't remember for sure. [EDIT: This is confirmed. I paused the GPU slot and it dropped to 81.5C in two minutes]

My Work Unit tally is going to look great for the day though. It's been going through them one after the other. Whatever drought was going on earlier seems to be over.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79 : Jul 5, 2021 at 05:37 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 02:40 AM   #129
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
My output is significantly reduced until after the heatwave hitting the west coast subsides. Supposed to reach around 110F again today.
Still consistent triple digit heat. Still offline.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 02:30 PM   #130
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Still consistent triple digit heat. Still offline.
I'll have to take a few days/weeks break over the summer as well, but I'll be back.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 06:23 AM   #131
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

New project causing single Work Unit record broken overnight (for me).

400,400 points. https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu?p=...one=208&gen=24

Would have been closer to 450k but I did pause it for an hour or two because still PC gamer.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:47 PM   #132
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
New project causing single Work Unit record broken overnight (for me).

400,400 points. https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu?p=...one=208&gen=24

Would have been closer to 450k but I did pause it for an hour or two because still PC gamer.
Not sure you linked the right project, the credit was for 50K.

I think I had one of the WU you are talking about a few days ago. I got 385K points for it.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu?p=...one=475&gen=17
Old Jul 21, 2021, 01:45 PM   #133
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Weird... I checked my link to make sure it worked, and it did! Today it's not. And yours links back to my 50k WU

Had to manually edit the URL.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu?p=...one=208&gen=24
Old Jul 21, 2021, 02:06 PM   #134
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
Weird... I checked my link to make sure it worked, and it did! Today it's not. And yours links back to my 50k WU

Had to manually edit the URL.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu?p=...one=208&gen=24
Haha, I think it's the first part of the link that counts and only the values at the end get changed when searching for a new project.

Here, this should work now.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu?p=...one=475&gen=17