Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 28, 2021, 07:09 PM   #1171
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I revisited this over the last month and it runs extremely well for me. Only playing SP though. V-Sync on. What drivers? I haven't tested since the new ones came out. Will report back in 10 mins.

EDIT: Pretty much 144 FPS constant with newer drivers. EDIT2: Tried an MP server. Seems to be locked at 90 FPS for some reason.
I'm running the newest Radeon drivers. Some other forums are suggesting that the AMD drivers have been broken for UT3 for over a year now, still awaiting a fix. I can see why it's not a very high priority for AMD though.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 08:27 AM   #1172
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I secretly liked UT3, despite all the hate. A lot of fun.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 09:25 AM   #1173
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I liked it openly. Game was dope. I even play the garbage UT they have in alpha or beta these days.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 29, 2021, 09:39 AM   #1174
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Still hot garbage and an abomination.

Id rather play the newest alpha they havent worked on in like 6 years before I played this mess.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:42 AM   #1175
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Here's my thoughts on UT3, decades after release:
  • There's a good game in here, if you can dig in and find it. Lots of tweaks and stuff to get it right.

• Game works best with the vivid colors option, and with all vaseline post-processing settings off. Requires a mod to properly adjust FOV for widescreen monitors.

• There's a reason that the low-poly maps are so popular for UT3. Much of UT3's graphical style was simply the wrong direction.

• It was a mistake to have the Gears of War designers in charge of a UT game. Too many drab colors, characters that all look similar, etc. UT needs to be colorful and fantastic, not dark, drab, and thematically consistent.

• Too many performance issues. I've revisited this game several times over the years, and never really gotten it to run fully smooth... it's a crime that it runs so poorly on my machine in 2021.

• UT3 will never be remembered as a great game, on the same level of UT99 or UT2004. Those earlier games are far superior.

• The Titan pack made some major improvements, but UT3 really needed a complete follow-up, in the UT2003 --> UT2004 fashion. Some stability/performance optimizations, more colorful maps, more diverse characters, etc. could have made a truly great UT game.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:51 AM   #1176
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Id rather play the newest alpha they havent worked on in like 6 years before I played this mess.
There was alot of great stuff in the alpha. It's really too bad that they couldn't take it further. Stupid fortnight.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Apr 29, 2021, 01:30 PM   #1177
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
UT99 and Deck16+Face for lyfe
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 01:31 PM   #1178
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
They should just remaster and re-release UT99.
Instant purchase from me!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:18 PM   #1179
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I'd much rather a remaster of the original Unreal, both single player and the included multiplayer levels.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 02:00 PM   #1180
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I'd much rather a remaster of the original Unreal, both single player and the included multiplayer levels.
Yup. It should be easy to install, run at modern resolutions, without weird timing issues. Maybe add a few extra maps and stuff?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Apr 30, 2021, 03:30 PM   #1181
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
That would be awesome, but UT99 was much better than the MP of Unreal 1.

If they remastered UT99 and also Unreal, and sold it together for like $20 in a combo pack that would be

Not that Epic is in need of extra money right now but that would sell well IMO.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 11:57 AM   #1182
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
That would be awesome, but UT99 was much better than the MP of Unreal 1.

If they remastered UT99 and also Unreal, and sold it together for like $20 in a combo pack that would be

Not that Epic is in need of extra money right now but that would sell well IMO.
On top of that, I'd love to see a remaster of Unreal 2 that doesn't suck. There's a great game in there somewhere, but it would take some tweaks to the game design before it really comes out.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro