Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 17, 2021, 09:46 AM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Does it even matter? I thought the rockstar client was required anyways, could be wrong, but you can just use the chitty rock star client instead? There are so many chitty clients now it doesnt really matter. I could be wrong, I think I may have bought it direct from rockstar thinking about it.
I don't care about Uplay, or BNet, but I can't stand Epic and their launcher is plagued with issues. I don't like launching it at all. I uninstalled it once I stopped playing Metro Exodus.

I'll see if I can launch RDR2 direct from the Rockstar launcher (also gross..) but I'd like to avoid Epic if I can. **** that entire company.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2021, 04:42 PM   #782
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't care about Uplay, or BNet, but I can't stand Epic and their launcher is plagued with issues. I don't like launching it at all. I uninstalled it once I stopped playing Metro Exodus.

I'll see if I can launch RDR2 direct from the Rockstar launcher (also gross..) but I'd like to avoid Epic if I can. **** that entire company.
Looks like I was correct, wouldn't think you would have to have the epic launcher then.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/06/roc...he%20game%20on.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2021, 05:02 PM   #783
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That's great as EGS keys just work with primary DRM unlike steam that you have to go through both DRMs to launch a game.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 18, 2021, 01:21 AM   #784
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

i really dunno what kind of problems people have with egs. I never had any problems with it and they're giving away free games all the time, also (mostly) not shitty ones like amazon/twitch.

well, whatever.

RDR2 is an awesome game, loved every minute of it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2021, 09:28 AM   #785
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

I use them all but EGS has given me troubles over the last 4 or so months off and on, either high cpu usage or the store becomes corrupt and is a pain in the ass to get working again. Also doesnt find games all that well again when that happens, Steam is a breeze to reconfigure another install of it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2021, 06:34 PM   #786
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

4.38 GB Patch 1.24

Quote:
General / Miscellaneous (PC Only)

General stability and security fixes
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2021, 06:16 AM   #787
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:11 AM   #788
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wow RDR 2 to support Ray Tracing.

Like that game needed another reason to r*pe the GPU
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:48 AM   #789
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

also getting DLSS

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 01:04 AM   #790
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Wow RDR 2 to support Ray Tracing.

Like that game needed another reason to r*pe the GPU
Doesn't rape a 3090.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 09:31 AM   #791
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

It's getting DLSS support only?

Which is good, damn that game was a performance hog. Had to use resolution scaling to something between 1440p and 4k to get decent performance with high settings on a 2080Ti.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 09:32 AM   #792
Megaman
Packing heat!

And RT
Old Jun 1, 2021, 09:41 AM   #793
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nvidias site only mentions DLSS support for RDR2 and RB:Siege.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 09:47 AM   #794
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
And today, more games and studios jump on board, as we announce the addition of RTX technologies to a further 8 titles, including DOOM Eternal, Red Dead Redemption 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Icarus, LEGO® Builder’s Journey, DYING: 1983, The Ascent, and The Persistence.
RTX tech….what am I missing here?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...nBttJ5xg1Xw2Mw

EDIT: oh I see RTX tech being Turing/Ampere….which can only be DLSS.

Mother****ers…..

Old Jun 1, 2021, 01:45 PM   #795
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Still good news, that game is super demanding.

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:37 PM   #796
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gotta love this RTX hype for the 100 people in the world that were actually able to get an RTX card. It’s like the automobile industry building spare parts for Lamborghini Diablos only starting tomorrow.
This whole RTX thing going on vs the real GPU situation in the world is worthy of some master’s degree marketing analysis, makes me pull my hair off every time.

I think here in Italy probably 5 people out of 40 millions were actually able to get their hands on one of those cards
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:39 PM   #797
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Gotta love this RTX hype for the 100 people in the world that were actually able to get an RTX card. It’s like the automobile industry building spare parts for Lamborghini Diablos only starting tomorrow.
This whole RTX thing going on vs the real GPU situation in the world is worthy of some master’s degree marketing analysis, makes me pull my hair off every time.

I think here in Italy probably 5 people out of 40 millions were actually able to get their hands on one of those cards
What are you talking about, RTX cards have been around for over 2 years from since the flagship 2080ti to the more mainstream 2060.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:08 PM   #798
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post

What are you talking about? Everyone on rage was able to get a card at MSRP.

This game was awesome, but why do they always release crap many years after you beat everything?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:10 PM   #799
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
You still with that trash?

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:29 PM   #800
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Kind of excited about playing RDR2 now. I've been holding out for a $30 or less sale. Looks like waiting has paid off. Now I'll also get DLSS.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:34 PM   #801
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Kind of excited about playing RDR2 now. I've been holding out for a $30 or less sale. Looks like waiting has paid off. Now I'll also get DLSS.
I never got too far with it so this might just do it.

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:37 PM   #802
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I never got too far with it so this might just do it.
It run that poorly for you that you need DLSS? I knew it was a demanding game but figured with a 30 series card it should be fine.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:43 PM   #803
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No it runs fine on a 3080.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:45 PM   #804
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
It run that poorly for you that you need DLSS? I knew it was a demanding game but figured with a 30 series card it should be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
No it runs fine on a 3080.
Ignore console peasant KAC, 3080 can't do my required 100 FPS on it.

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:47 PM   #805
KAC
It might be gays!

If you intentionally are trying to make it not run, you can achieve that a bit by maxing out every slider in the game but there is enough info online on how to make the game run absolutely fine and with fantastic graphics.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:48 PM   #806
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If you intentionally are trying to make it not run, you can achieve that a bit by maxing out every slider in the game but there is enough info online on how to make the game run absolutely fine and with fantastic graphics.
No max, no play.

Heck the opening level in the snow is an FPS killer.

yoz
Old Jun 1, 2021, 08:55 PM   #807
KAC
It might be gays!

No it’s not. I was averaging I think 85 FPS on it or something. Will install on weekend and be able to show.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:03 PM   #808
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Rockstar rulz!
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:13 PM   #809
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

waits a year for this dlss patch to even come out.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2021, 06:56 AM   #810
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Good for you, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
What are you talking about, RTX cards have been around for over 2 years from since the flagship 2080ti to the more mainstream 2060.
My bad then, because I was talking about the 3000 cards, which represent a big jump in ray-tracing performance and were supposed to be finally accessible at a reasonable price, a great and affordable (so to speak) upgrade from the GTX series, and HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOTALLY UNAVAILABLE where I live, unless you are willing to spend the equivalent of a much-higher-than-average monthly income - like more than twice as much - to get one (and even then availabilty is scarce), and I don't personally know anyone who is willing to do that. I have seen 3070's reach price tags as high as 2500 Euros.
I can assure you that from a market standpoint the 3000 generation cards here have been strictly taboo since launch. A well known Italian hardware web site had to make public amend and take a step back after insults started pouring in. People were getting upset because the site kept advertising, reviewing, benchmarking and bragging about cards that no mortals here could even see with their eyes, not to mention own.
This is why I refer to them as the Lambos of the GPU market, so pardon me if I have a fit every time I read about the greatness of RTX from Nvidia, as if they weren't perfectly aware of what is happening with their last-generation cards worldwide.
And btw, last time I checked even the few 2000 cards available saw their price skyrocket.

These are the four 3080's available on the e-tailer I usually buy cards from since their prices can often beat Amazon’s.

https://m.eprice.it/pr/scheda-video?...FORCE+RTX+3080

These are the six 3070's

https://m.eprice.it/pr/scheda-video?...FORCE+RTX+3070

Only 2060's are available (no 2080's) and they come at supposed 3000 series launch price-tags (!), if you know what I mean.

What this comes down to is that nobody here that I know of will ever even come across a last-generation RTX card (mind you, I'm talking about average people my age that have a regular job, maybe kids, and monthly expenses to keep them busy, no high-castle dwellers).

Not just giving air to my mouth, this is the current GPU market situation here, like it or not. But I recon we probably live in different worlds.

Btw, sorry for derailing the thread. I assumed it was my right to reply that unfortunately for myself and others in my situation, I do know what I am talking about. Sad but true.

Last edited by Lurk : Jun 2, 2021 at 07:23 AM.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote