Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 15, 2021, 02:19 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In the movies Aliens could be killed so would work, the mechanics in this one doesn’t call for it however after the nest bit then you could warrant it as there are then multiple Aliens so killing 1 would or could just make the next more aggressive or evasive.

Forgot all the outside bits tbh, almost finished now... will try with my quest and mothervr once done.
Old May 15, 2021, 05:05 AM   #32
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I got stuck in the hospital level. Never went back to it.
Many people stopped here actually. On Steam, 40.1% finished mission 4 and only 31.8% finished mission 5 (hospital).

The game still has a pretty low completion rate of 18.4%, compared to the other horror games below.

Amnesia: Rebirth - 39.3%
Resident Evil 7 - 36.5%
Soma - 30.5%
Outlast 2 - 24.1%
Outlast - 20%
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - 13.7% (yikes!)
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2021, 11:17 AM   #33
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Many people stopped here actually. On Steam, 40.1% finished mission 4 and only 31.8% finished mission 5 (hospital).

The game still has a pretty low completion rate of 18.4%, compared to the other horror games below.

Resident Evil 7 - 36.5%
Soma - 30.5%
Outlast 2 - 24.1%
Outlast - 20%
I enjoyed the game but I enjoyed the Marine Campaign in AVP 2 EVEN MORE.

I am still waiting for a great Marine game in the Aliens universe. I actually thought that Colonial Marines was okay.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2021, 12:18 PM   #34
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Resident Evil 7 - 36.5%
Soma - 30.5%
Outlast 2 - 24.1%
Outlast - 20%

The hospital level increased the difficulty a lot in a sudden way. Also there wasn't many places where you could hide and the Xenomorph was always close by. At this stage the player doesn't have the flame thrower so that's not an option. Kind of a mistake in level design in my opinion and they should have given the player more options for hiding and crawling around.

What you can do if you find the Hospital level to difficult is to lower the difficulty so that the Zenomorph shows up less and its senses are reduced.

Also, Amnesia and Some aren't really challenging game. More story driven computer games and that's why the completion rate is higher. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is a crap game and that's why it is so low. Alien Isolation is quite similar to the Outlast games game play wise which also shows on the completion rate.

The Outlast games are really good too and truly disturbing. If you like Alien Isolation, the Outlast games are a safe bet.
Old May 15, 2021, 02:36 PM   #35
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I imagine VR would be pants shiitting experience, been meaning to try it myself.
The game is scary on a monitor. It's TERRIFYING in VR. I can't tell you how many times I had to hide in a locker and found myself holding my breath in real life so the alien wouldn't hear me. It's incredibly immersive in VR.