Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 15, 2021, 07:55 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You just saved me some coin. Thanks
Seems like a $20 pickup in the future. I only want to replay ME1. I really don't care about ME2 and ME3.
Same. I've already played all 3 "non-legendary" versions and my backlog is too big to want to do it again.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2021, 08:09 PM   #272
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I prefer girls with guns in games who have nice gazongas.
Too bad they removed many of the "ass shot" camera angles so there is less Miranada bum.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2021, 09:33 PM   #273
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Too bad they removed many of the "ass shot" camera angles so there is less Miranada bum.
The funny part is that while doing that they also INCREASED whats her faces bust... so dumb
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2021, 10:25 PM   #274
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Same. I've already played all 3 "non-legendary" versions and my backlog is too big to want to do it again.
Quote:
This whole thing is like a cash grab to me.

Too me these games are best left in 'fond memories of mine'.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:26 PM   #275
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Seems like a $20 pickup in the future. I only want to replay ME1. I really don't care about ME2 and ME3.
If you *must* play now, get a month's subscription of EA Play Pro for $15.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 03:34 AM   #276
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
If you *must* play now, get a month's subscription of EA Play Pro for $15.
This
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 06:26 AM   #277
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

I've apparently forgotten everything that happens in Mass Effect 1 after the initial visit to the citadel. Just finished with the Thorian, dont remember Feros at all. Though I haven't beaten Mass Effect 1 since it first came out in 2007 on the 360.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 06:44 AM   #278
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t remember it either except that giant cockroaches built some warp portals for travel. And they send zombies to own ass.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 11:15 AM   #279
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

For anyone that thinks the fov is too close, there is a mod that will change this. It allows all three games to have a selected fov up to 100.

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect...dition/mods/17
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 11:51 AM   #280
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

20 hours in and loving it so far. I haven't encountered any bugs yet and my only gripe is that you can't select 5.1 sound.

The lighting and texture in 1 are much much better, and I didn't have any of the DLC for 2 or 3, so this is looking like a win.
Old May 16, 2021, 01:16 PM   #281
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Any improvements to the Mako sections?
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 01:40 PM   #282
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'alitayyab once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Any improvements to the Mako sections?
It bounces around a lot less and feels more "fixed" to the terrain. However, it is possible to revert to the original settings
There are other changes like faster shield recharge, turbo boost type thing (separate from jump jet) etc.

There might be other improvements as well that i havent come across
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 03:12 PM   #283
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Just beat Mass Effect 1. Full renegade, gotta love that ending, **** the council!. Havent beaten Mass Effect 1 since it first came out in 2007. On to Mass Effect 2!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 04:45 PM   #284
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I hope a lot of people actually get through all three games. I'd like to see peoples opinions of mass 3 after playing 1 and 2 so closely first.
Old May 16, 2021, 05:00 PM   #285
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I hope a lot of people actually get through all three games. I'd like to see peoples opinions of mass 3 after playing 1 and 2 so closely first.
It will take a couple weeks, but myself and core group will be for sure.
Old May 16, 2021, 05:36 PM   #286
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Same here, I'll wait until the price drops before I consider. I never even finished the first ME, played it a few hours then got bored.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old May 16, 2021, 09:55 PM   #287
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm enjoying replaying ME1 but the controls don't feel right. I keep sticking to walls when I don't want to and some other small niggles. Not a huge graphics upgrade but definetly a noticeable improvement.

Seems like this is more for the consoles with 'upgraded' 4k support.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:39 PM   #288
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

was that a problm in the original? Been a while since i played it, but i dont remember even using cover that much, or it causing those issues. Mass 2 though, definitely had some touchy wall cling crap there every now and again.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:44 PM   #289
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

Quote:
Same here, I'll wait until the price drops before I consider. I never even finished the first ME, played it a few hours then got bored.
Do you like detail and character driven story? It took me 3 tries to get into it the first time because of the world info dump and dialog, but experience-wise it's definitely the best of the three.

Did you like Dragon Age Origins?
Old May 16, 2021, 11:53 PM   #290
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
was that a problm in the original? Been a while since i played it, but i dont remember even using cover that much, or it causing those issues. Mass 2 though, definitely had some touchy wall cling crap there every now and again.
I just saw a review that said they changed cover mechanics to be more in line with ME2, so yeh definitely more clingy. Also the same button is now used for sprint/cover/use which is different than ME1 and adds to the unintentional stickyness at times.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:12 AM   #291
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I just saw a review that said they changed cover mechanics to be more in line with ME2, so yeh definitely more clingy. Also the same button is now used for sprint/cover/use which is different than ME1 and adds to the unintentional stickyness at times.
Aww man, that alone stops me getting it :/

I knew they were ****ing over some parts of mass 1 to make it like mass 2, but i didnt think they would do that

Very few games do contextual controls well. Most of the time they are only moderately better than qtes.
Old May 17, 2021, 01:11 AM   #292
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Seems like an Xbox pickup.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:02 AM   #293
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Do you like detail and character driven story? It took me 3 tries to get into it the first time because of the world info dump and dialog, but experience-wise it's definitely the best of the three.

Did you like Dragon Age Origins?
I played Origins all the way through back when it first came out, but to be honest I forgot most of what it was about. I'm currently playing through Spellforce 3 and their expansions and am loving the surprisingly deep stories in the game, but it's a different style than ME.

~George Carlin
Old May 17, 2021, 10:02 AM   #294
KAC
It might be gays!

Ok picked it up to see what's what.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:46 AM   #295
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Ok picked it up to see what's what.
PC or XboX?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 10:47 AM   #296
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

Quote:
I played Origins all the way through back when it first came out, but to be honest I forgot most of what it was about. I'm currently playing through Spellforce 3 and their expansions and am loving the surprisingly deep stories in the game, but it's a different style than ME.
Origins was just the closest bar I could think of that you might have also played. Your take on it wasn't uncommon and probably why 2 and 3 are more RPG/shooters, where 1 is more of a real RPG.

2 is my least favourite of the three as it's the most dumbed-down to run and shoot; still a great game though. Two of my friends playing it right now skipped 1 the first time because they thought it was boring and are now very surprised by how much fun they are having.

I would still give it another go and if you get to Liara and still hate it (3-6 hours depending on your completion OCD) then it's not for you. For me, that was the point that it turned around back when it came out, as I started to understand the world.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:14 PM   #297
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Origins was just the closest bar I could think of that you might have also played. Your take on it wasn't uncommon and probably why 2 and 3 are more RPG/shooters, where 1 is more of a real RPG.

2 is my least favourite of the three as it's the most dumbed-down to run and shoot; still a great game though. Two of my friends playing it right now skipped 1 the first time because they thought it was boring and are now very surprised by how much fun they are having.

I would still give it another go and if you get to Liara and still hate it (3-6 hours depending on your completion OCD) then it's not for you. For me, that was the point that it turned around back when it came out, as I started to understand the world.
I have all three but only played one and stopped. Maybe I'll try again with the remasters...once the price drop to around $20 (maybe $30). I have such a back log of games though that I'm in no hurry for the price drop so I can wait, years if I need to.

~George Carlin
Old May 17, 2021, 12:19 PM   #298
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
PC or XboX?
PC.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:35 PM   #299
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wish that bioware had done a better job with the launcher on PC, you should not have to sit through all those splash screens when you click the resume button, the game should just launch and put you where you left off.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 12:54 PM   #300
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I wish that bioware had done a better job with the launcher on PC, you should not have to sit through all those splash screens when you click the resume button, the game should just launch and put you where you left off.
You mean like Xbox?