Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:44 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

I really like the name change. Unreal Tournament 3 sounds a lot better than Unreal Tournament 2007.

For those who think that the new name doesn't make any sense, think of it like this.

Unreal Tournament 99 = Unreal Tournament 1
Unreal Tournament 2003 = Unreal Tournament 2 (which was its original name)
Unreal Tournament 2004 = Unreal Tournament 2.5 (since its gameplay was very similar to UT2003's, only it was far more refined, and there was much more of it)
Unreal Tournament 2007 = Unreal Tournament 3

Of course, if UT3 plays like UT2004, Unreal Tournament 2.6 or 2.7 might make more sense!
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:44 AM   #62
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Ut99 = Ut1
UT2k4 = UT2

This has been stated over and over by the community and the devs. UT2k3 was a FLOP, unworthy of being called a sequal. Thats WHY UT2k4 came out, because the devs knew UT2k3 was a flop and that they had not satified the community

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:36 AM   #63
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Wow you guys are brutal and down right nasty. Who really cares about Unreal anymore anyways? Its old and worn out. All it is, is more deathmatch in a prettier box! Give me a game with a compelling story with say 10-15 hours in a good single player game with a little multilayer added on if I want too.
Well i don't play many MP gams, but UT2004 has me hooked, probly because im good, but heh.

I never play DM. ONS is an awesome game type. DM is boring to me it's been done to death. Im hoping Epic are moving away from DM a bit, and concentrating on team based games, with vehicles, because thats where it's at these days.

The new mode looks and sounds even better than ONS, which should be awesome.

As for that Necris walker, omg how cool is that?
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:46 AM   #64
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

DM will never die!
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:52 PM   #65
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
DM will never die!
I certainly hope not, for DM is my favorite.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:00 PM   #66
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
this forum is seriously ridiculous, if u dont have enough common sense to figure out that its xbox 360 media than whatever.
IGN is using the same shots for PC/PS3/360.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:57 PM   #67
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRoxen View Post
IGN is using the same shots for PC/PS3/360.
ign always hotlinks cross media files to the site hosting the platform which they are for, u can go back to various multi platform games and verify this. also pc screenshots are almost never in 720p.

Last edited by icecold1983 : Jan 26, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:33 PM   #68
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Most the other shots are hotlinked to PC, but yea the shots from the trailer and the trailer itself are linked to xbox360 sections, And IGN advertises it as a 360 trailer.. so he very well could be right. That being said I don't believe the PC version will be the port.

You have discredited yourself alot in the past, that's why you got the responses you did in this thread, but I'll give you credit for this one.

Last edited by Roxen : Jan 26, 2007 at 06:38 PM.
Roxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:06 PM   #69
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:30 PM   #70
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

^ anyone still think its concept art?

well you know, except the 2nd picture of course
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:07 PM   #71
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

UT1 or 99 will live forever!

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:17 PM   #72
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Eh... I don't know where you guys are reading but U3 WILL be out for consoles too.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:21 PM   #73
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
Eh... I don't know where you guys are reading but U3 WILL be out for consoles too.
Who said it wasn't?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:43 PM   #74
chew
no

chew is still being judged by the masses

Looks delish, too bad my pc will never be able to handle it.

I agree with swordmaster, a mature console/pc gamer is probably the best type around. But some of you have your hardware so far up your ass, your like a damn cyborg fanboy, ****ing hell its pathetic now.

Edit: Added because I grow tiresome of fanboys.

**Oh look jim, its a bumbling idiot,**
*He must have an xbox, lets go KB/M his ass and get GODLIKE, IM SO GOOD AT PWNING TEH CONSOLERZ!!!!!!!!!1111!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
**He died because my 8800GT can render more AA than his 360, It must mean i'm better than him.**

Last edited by chew : Jan 26, 2007 at 08:46 PM.
chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:08 PM   #75
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

COME ON! Stop bitching about the numbering scheme. "3" is not that freaking hard.

Wasn't the original Unreal Tournament on the Dreamcast? I may have even bought it...
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:21 PM   #76
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I like "UT3" better. It sounds more definite and less like an EA "patch of the year" sports title.

And yes, it was. DC and PS2.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:24 PM   #77
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
COME ON! Stop bitching about the numbering scheme. "3" is not that freaking hard.

Wasn't the original Unreal Tournament on the Dreamcast? I may have even bought it...
Unreal Tournament was ported and released on Dreamcast and Playstation 2. The Xbox saw the first decent Unreal Tournament games in the Unreal Championship series.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:05 PM   #78
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Personally I'm torn right now. Since I'm in college I can't afford to build a new PC for a while and thus lies my decision: play UT3 on my 360 with a controller in all of its graphical glory without user created content or play a much dumbed down graphically version with mouse/keyboard but with user created content :/?

Last edited by clerick : Jan 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM.
clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:54 AM   #79
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've never been a fan of the Unreal Tournament series.. the weapons have always seemed to lack any sense of satisfaction or power when using them, and it's just one of those games that takes like 50 shots to kill someone. (I know, with things such as the shock rifle it doesn't take too many shots but you know what I mean!)

This game does look pretty sweet, but I'm not drooling over it or anything.. it's really nothing we haven't seen a billion times before. As Vengeance just said, it's basically UT 2004 with prettier graphics and a few new vehicles/features here and there.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:03 AM   #80
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

I've been a Quake 3 fan ever since I played it. But with how popular this release will be, maybe it will breathe new life into the DM community which is good for all DM players.

Or it will continue the path of games being dumbed down and include no advanced movement and be 100% aim based.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 03:40 AM   #81
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Personally I'm torn right now. Since I'm in college I can't afford to build a new PC for a while and thus lies my decision: play UT3 on my 360 with a controller in all of its graphical glory without user created content or play a much dumbed down graphically version with mouse/keyboard but with user created content :/?
If anything the console version will be dumbed down graphically, as UT3 is a candidate for a DX10 patch for the PC on top of the already existent graphics/engine.

This was brought up a while back, Ill have to dig it up.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 04:27 AM   #82
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Beyond Unreal, GameSpot, IGN, 1UP and Firing Squad have posted an informative previews of Unreal Tournament 3 (formerly known as UT2007) after checking it out earlier in the day at the Midway event. Topics include: noob journos in mp, the different types of vehicles, weapons, plus of course, graphics and gameplay impressions

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Jan 27, 2007 at 07:25 AM.
Pirate Neilsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 04:44 AM   #83
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

For a minute there almost thought that was a remake of the old UT intro to the game... Until they started talking about the war.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:09 AM   #84
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Default Makes sense to me

I am all for this name change. The year number naming system was lame, especially because Epic was never able to (or even planning to) release a new version every year. UT2003 and UT2004 were essentially the same game. UT2004 was just a tweaked version of 2003. No one played UT2004 and thought it was a totally different game, it was just 2003 with a few tweaks and a couple things added. Epic even gave a partial refund for 2003 owners.

Also, 2003 was released in 2002, while 2004 was not released until late 2004, which is just an example of how this naming scheme was dumb. The names would have you think they were only a year apart, when they were more like 1.5 to two years apart.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:28 AM   #85
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I've never been a fan of the Unreal Tournament series.. the weapons have always seemed to lack any sense of satisfaction or power when using them, and it's just one of those games that takes like 50 shots to kill someone. (I know, with things such as the shock rifle it doesn't take too many shots but you know what I mean!)
Shock rifle- 3 shots
Lightning gun- 2 shots
Sniper rifle- 2 shots
Flak Cannon direct hit- 1 shot
Rocket launcher- 1 shot

The list goes on. The weapons are better than any other FPS of a similar setting IMO. The shock rifle is pure class. The only one's that would come close are Quake 3's Railgun, and the BFG.
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:33 AM   #86
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa View Post
Yeah, the naming scheme now doesn't make any sense.

Also, will we be able to play consolers online?

Oh how I would love that!
I feel a few God-Likes coming my way.
Not if they allow NML for console players you don't. I know a few UT players that use controllers almost exclusively (instead of keyboard + mouse) and because of the NML feature they're practically guaranteed a headshot every time if they know how to play.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:55 PM   #87
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
You are stupid!
No, he's exactly right. Some people do quote hardware power over and over, without having a game to show for it right now. There are games coming, sure, but consoles have PLENTY of awesome games, both out now ánd coming up. Enjoying both is certainly much better than enjoying just one and pretending it's oh so superior to all others.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:26 PM   #88
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
No, he's exactly right. Some people do quote hardware power over and over, without having a game to show for it right now. There are games coming, sure, but consoles have PLENTY of awesome games, both out now ánd coming up. Enjoying both is certainly much better than enjoying just one and pretending it's oh so superior to all others.
No he isn't, and he's sure asking to be flamed in the process.

Yes, 'next-gen' games came first to the consoles, but when the 360 was launched, it had the most powerful graphics subsystem commonly available, it's very good hardware and is still more powerful than many PCs.

Almost all of the 360's and PS3's effects exist in PC games, and the last few will probably be finished off with the first round of games in DX10. And PCs now are significantly faster when very expensive, the reason consoles are so powerful is so that they can rival PCs in game visual quality for their full lifetime, while a high-end PC user may upgrade every year, a console's life cycle is 3 years or more, you use the best parts in the beginning and sell at a loss to ensure great visuals and graphics performance so you sell more games, it makes sense.

There are very few games ANYWHERE which can compare to titles like Gears graphically, just because it's on the 360 doesn't mean a PC can't do it, it means big console makers paid developers tons of money to release exclusively on their console for some time, to drive more sales.

Another little bit is that computers vary, like a lot, every 360 is basically identical in terms of hardware, and every computer is different. Considering graphics cards which could match a 360 in performance started coming around about the time of the x1900.... it's no wonder most PCs aren't up to spec. Developers for PC games have to make the game playable on many older and slower systems and have to optimize it accordingly, sometimes resulting in lower detail than initially intended.

And you say there's no games to show the hardware now? Maybe so, maybe people buying bleeding edge can't show it off because developers don't aim for the bleeding edge, they HAVE to aim for mainstream performance points because if they don't, they won't sell very many games.

It's much easier to publish a game on the 360 or PS3 than it is for a PC. You have a single detail mode, full detail. You know all the specs beforehand, you can run benchmarks on EVERY possible system configuration, and you have a robust and unchanging framework to build on (Live, custom graphics API, ect) with PCs everything can be in different versions and it must work together regardless. This also means you need more testing and more post-release work in making the game run well.

So lets see...
It's easier to make a game for a console
A game can be specifically optimized for the exact hardware in a console
It will run the same on every console
A console is sold at a loss so you get better hardware for your money
Current consoles are newer than 90% of the graphics cards in today's PC gamer market, and 95% or more computers are slower than a 360 or ps3.

And the bleeding edge is never fully used... the whole idea behind it (at least in my understanding) is to be ready for coming things/ePenos. There's no wonder games on a 360 or PS3 look better than on a PC.... that's what they were built and supported to do.... but give everything even 6 months to mature and they will start falling behind again....

Though I'm not sure what this has to do with the renaming of the new UT.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:06 PM   #89
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
No he isn't, and he's sure asking to be flamed in the process.
He's right, and everything you say is in agreement.
Quote:
There are very few games ANYWHERE which can compare to titles like Gears graphically, just because it's on the 360 doesn't mean a PC can't do it, it means big console makers paid developers tons of money to release exclusively on their console for some time, to drive more sales.
Here's the point to his (crudely put) argument: high end PCs can do what the X360 does, but they don't. The hardware is there, but the software isn't. Like you say, it's not that PCs can't do it. Like he says, they just don't. Not because they can't, but because the games don't use the hardware available.

Quote:
And you say there's no games to show the hardware now? Maybe so, maybe people buying bleeding edge can't show it off because developers don't aim for the bleeding edge, they HAVE to aim for mainstream performance points because if they don't, they won't sell very many games.
Exactly. So that brings him, me, and perhaps even you to the question: why quote hardware specifics and theoretical performance figures, why say the hardware is superior, when there are no games to show for it? Yes, your Ferrari is faster than the Xbox Random Slower Car, but your car's either standing still or stuck at 50MPH while the Xbox 360 is let loose on every highway the developer can pave for it. It's a sad reality, but reality nonetheless.

Quote:
And the bleeding edge is never fully used... the whole idea behind it (at least in my understanding) is to be ready for coming things/ePenos. There's no wonder games on a 360 or PS3 look better than on a PC.... that's what they were built and supported to do.... but give everything even 6 months to mature and they will start falling behind again....
ePenis and being ready for things to come... Versus being ready for things that are here now, while ALSO being ready for things to come. Because, let's face it, next-gen console games aren't going to look awfully outdated six months from now, or a year even. I'm willing to bet that games like Halo 3 and Killzone 2 will look spectacular on X360 and PS3, even when compared to Crysis. Now, I don't know which game will look best, I don't know which platform the best looking game will be on by this time next year - I don't care. But I do know it won't be that big a difference.

What it comes down to, is this. Some people drool over quad core and R600 and whatnot for two years, and then play a handful of games that use the hardware power. But others make sure they have a high-end PC ánd one or more consoles, and they spend all of their two years enjoying all kinds of high-end games. I know which of the two I prefer.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:07 PM   #90
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Posts deleted... Its not what is said, well most of the time, but how it said. You dont like PC's fine... state your facts and opinions maturely and im sure people will be willing to respond maturely.

Debonair, this is not the first time you've done this... i highly suggest you change your posting habbits if you want stay. This goes to everyone who wants to troll as well.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote