Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:31 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
i hope you meant 2007 there..
Wow, sorry...big typo there. Yes, you are right. I edited my original post to correct my error.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:41 PM   #122
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
And yet...:

What I like about PC games is I like high-resolution graphics, multiplayer and fast action, and damn if the new generation of consoles don’t allow us to do all three of those. If you’re into graphics, the Xbox can deliver just like the PC can, and multiplayer is so ubiquitous now that you’re able to get that same experience. If you’re about good games, there’s no contest between the two systems. They’re all giving you the same experience.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...054.htm?Page=3

The difference in graphics is most likely negligable, and that's not even considering the price you'd have to pay. Also, DX10 support doesn't automatically mean it'll look better than it will on Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. But most of all, I wonder why you're talking of the consoles versions at all when it's clear Mark was talking about how the game runs on different PC configurations - he wasn't talking about differences between platform versions.

Don't particularly care much anymore that everyone's entitled to their own opinions, don't care you're crazy for PC hardware, but -rep for constant downtalking of consoles / PC vs console flamebait.

I guarantee you 100% the PC version will look better.
Even if it's the same engine, the PC version WILL support higher resolutions.
It WILL support sharper textures.
It WILL support more AF.
It WILL support more AA.
It will more than likely even support a higher LOD, due to the memory constraints of consoles in general.
Also with the right hardware, it WILL run faster and thus provide a smoother experience.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:51 PM   #123
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Not to mention the PC has Qarl.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:57 PM   #124
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
Not to mention the PC has Qarl.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:14 PM   #125
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

WTF is Qarl?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 03:05 PM   #126
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

He's the guy who doesn't know what art direction is.

No, really:

He's the guy responsable for the texture packs for Oblivion that only 8800's can run without choaking on. By mentioning him I was merely trying to state that consoles can't mod visuals the way we can.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 03:09 PM   #127
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
He's the guy who doesn't know what art direction is.

No, really:

He's the guy responsable for the texture packs for Oblivion that only 8800's can run without choaking on. By mentioning him I was merely trying to state that consoles can't mod visuals the way we can.
Sounds like a serious texture pack, Links to it? Some before and afters possibly..

Old Feb 4, 2007, 03:15 PM   #128
cjl64
The Mod has you....

cjl64 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayX View Post
Sounds like a serious texture pack, Links to it? Some before and afters possibly..
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...3877955&page=5

I dont know how you missed this thread.

Also... if you need mod assistance please pm cjl64 for speedy results. :D
cjl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 03:15 PM   #129
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...3877955&page=6

I think the thread QARLS TEXTURE PACK might be it
Old Feb 4, 2007, 03:23 PM   #130
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl64 View Post
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...3877955&page=5

I dont know how you missed this thread.
Wow, what a difference. This would be a reason to buy your 8800gtx cjl

Old Feb 4, 2007, 08:15 PM   #131
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa View Post
I guarantee you 100% the PC version will look better.
Even if it's the same engine, the PC version WILL support higher resolutions.
It WILL support sharper textures.
It WILL support more AF.
It WILL support more AA.
It will more than likely even support a higher LOD, due to the memory constraints of consoles in general.
Also with the right hardware, it WILL run faster and thus provide a smoother experience.
Great, didn't say it wouldn't. I said I was sick and tired of you downtalking consoles and hyping how fantastisuperawesome (upcoming) PC hardware of the highest range will be.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:43 PM   #132
felikx
Rage3D Veteran

felikx is still being judged by the masses

Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in with a little update - the PC is no longer the primary platform for ut3. They want a simultaneous release.

I'm no longer buying it.
Vive, MFG Crosswinds, Warthog
felikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:50 PM   #133
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I hate when products switch names. IMO, they should have just stayed with the "year" naming system as now you are going to confuse the average joe.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:54 PM   #134
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by felikx View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in with a little update - the PC is no longer the primary platform for ut3. They want a simultaneous release.

I'm no longer buying it.
Was there ever any doubt they were aiming at a simultaneous release? They haven't committed to anything though, so it's all open. And all this "primary platform" talk's a bit silly anyway, the game's a multiplatform game. PC is its home, but the console versions aren't going to be el-cheapo ports either.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:54 PM   #135
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by felikx View Post

I'm no longer buying it.
That's silly
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:21 PM   #136
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

In that GameInformer interview he says they're now hoping for a Christmas 2007 release like they did in 2006 for GoW, which sux. UT3 isn't even ALPHA yet.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:52 PM   #137
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:30 PM   #138
logical
What is my purpose?

Face detail looks good. Its amazing to see the U engine mature. Very scalable engine.

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:45 PM   #139
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

I hope they find a way to implement AA... those jaggies are scary.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 04:03 PM   #140
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
"find a way"

you talk like its currently impossible to do so on the u3 engine..
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 04:49 PM   #141
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
Running max detail in the game, especially in an unoptimized state, is probably pretty rough on the hardware. I would expect AA screenies closer to whenever it will come out....

I seem to remember for the release of UT2003 there weren't really any screenies with AA because it wasn't easily feasable by the hardware of the time running the resolutions they were.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:25 PM   #142
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC View Post
I had posted this on the 4th of this month
Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:03 PM   #143
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Looks pretty cool to me. Better than UT2007 logo.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:07 AM   #144
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

I don't know, it kinda reminds me of Quake 3 logo.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:31 AM   #145
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
"find a way"

you talk like its currently impossible to do so on the u3 engine..
I thought they said it was so far very hard to make due to the motion blur I think... or DoF...

Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:17 AM   #146
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Rather than dump you into an arena with AI opponents, you'll be given missions within in each match: steal plans, root out infestations, or simply take down rivals. Nothing too complicated, just salt on an already sumptuous game feast.

And I can tell just how entertaining this game is by the cross-table shouts. The enemy, united by my brilliance, have got me cornered. A tank has crossed the front line and is shelling me. Meanwhile, a Hellbender armoured support vehicle is lobbing circular bombs at me. Behind it, two more troopers begin locking on with rocket launchers. It's too much. The Walker collapses, legs buckling. I leap out. More cheers. They've cleared a route forward. I'm vaporised in a second barrage. They cheer again.

Respawn. I've got to get back to the front line. And, oh look, another Walker just spawned...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=157668
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:23 AM   #147
cjl64
The Mod has you....

cjl64 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

i hope there is a beta for this soon!!!!

Also... if you need mod assistance please pm cjl64 for speedy results. :D
cjl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:56 PM   #148
logical
What is my purpose?

Why does it looks like 2 of them guys are flying with rocket type boots?

Ugh

Old Feb 13, 2007, 02:54 PM   #149
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

There must be something wrong with my pc . I had seen those images before but on super-big size and thought they were filled with jaggies. Those, are not but are much smaller >.>.

Old Feb 13, 2007, 02:54 PM   #150
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Why does it looks like 2 of them guys are flying with rocket type boots?

Ugh
its a stakeboard type deal, that electric thing is what is holding them on to the oh my god i forgot what its called.. shows that i havent played onslaught for awhile
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote