Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:30 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
-n7-
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 5,192
-n7- is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
If you kill someone with the combo their body gets pulled into the tiny black hole
UT goatse?

Oh wait, that's big black hole...
__________________

n7


n7
-n7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:33 PM   #212
Insung
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada NY
Posts: 315
Insung is still being judged by the masses


Default

n7 is right about the hitscan problem in ut2k4. Shock combos are most definitely not a problem. Its the primary fire to the shock rifle and LG that make the game imbalanced. I'm guessing UT3 will fix that. IMO i don't mind the hitscan fest nature of the game. I just take it the way it is. This is probably just one of the reasons why games like UT99 is more favored. Especially Quake3, that game is still the best for competitions.
__________________
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe (bios version:1203)
nForce 570 SLI
X2 6400+ (3.2 GHZ)
Generic AMD Heatsink
4GB Crucial Ballistix
SATA 750 gigs/250GB Hard Drives
Maxtor External HD: 120GB/Enclosure: 120GB
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870
Audigy 4 SE
RocketFish 750w
ASUS VW246H
Windows 7 Home Preimum
Insung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:51 PM   #213
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Canada Cowtown
Posts: 26,759
Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

So whats the system requirements for this?
I bet this and SC2 are gonna be the only 2 upcoming PC games ill be playing.

I think my computer right now is gonna either run this game like ass or not be able to run it at all.
__________________
------Squachbox 2.0------
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad Blue 750watt PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2007, 11:05 PM   #214
cjl64
The Mod has you....
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States Potsdam Ny
Posts: 6,487
cjl64 is still being judged by the masses


Subscriber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -n7- View Post
I use the shield gun more than anyone else i've ever played.

I rely on it so much i'm likely going to be f*cked when UT3 comes around...

That being said, the shield is not a fix for the fact that UT2k4 is WAY too hitscan based.

BTW, i'd love to play some of the R3Ders in UT2k4.

Xfire me @ n7dgs so we can play a game or two.
I might try to get a game in with ya at some point. However I have not played in a dogs age. Only 2 online shooters i play are hl2 and graw 2.
__________________
In case you where getting bored hit up www.geforce3d.net

Also... if you need mod assistance please pm cjl64 for speedy results. :D
cjl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:23 AM   #215
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,757
icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanu View Post
I'm not joking. I HATE that thing because anyone remotely good with it will only use that and ruin the game for everyone who bothers with other weapons. It throws you off and nearly kills you for the next combo to do so. Not fun. I was a BIG fan of the game before that crap took over EVERY ****ING SERVER in UT.




I had hoped they would at least TRY for a semblance of balance.
so basically they should take it out because u suck too much to play v good players? shock is not imbalanced, it takes great skill to use effectively. if your getting owned by it u would get owned by every other gun too because your opponent is just worlds better than you
__________________
"you son of a ***** do u think you can elude us forever carlos"

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:42 AM   #216
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United States Arizona
Posts: 3,395
RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl64 View Post
I might try to get a game in with ya at some point. However I have not played in a dogs age. Only 2 online shooters i play are hl2 and graw 2.
I've played against him before, he's pretty good.
__________________
| Xbox/Games for Windows LIVE: NeoHumanity | Steam: NeoHumanity |
| Random Textual Nonsense | Random Visual Stimuli | Twitch.tv Stream |
RAY16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:02 AM   #217
Adanu
MRA in Residence
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United States Mustafar
Posts: 11,514
Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
so basically they should take it out because u suck too much to play v good players? shock is not imbalanced, it takes great skill to use effectively. if your getting owned by it u would get owned by every other gun too because your opponent is just worlds better than you
Yeah, nice assumption there.

Great skill my ass, the only thing it takes is a decent aim and the ability to place. The explosion does TONS of damage to a person and a shot from another of them can splatter you. I can do it myself, but it's basically cheating as it is. Anyone with a brain can use it to DESTROY everyone else, and then EVERYONE starts using it and then that's the only thing they use, such as with all the servers I play on. It's the tank rush from CnC3 for UT
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:05 AM   #218
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,757
icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses


Default

ok, wanna 1v1 ut2k4 u use shock i wont touch it and see if u can destroy me?
__________________
"you son of a ***** do u think you can elude us forever carlos"

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:15 AM   #219
cjl64
The Mod has you....
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States Potsdam Ny
Posts: 6,487
cjl64 is still being judged by the masses


Subscriber
Default

damn!!! you guys take this UT stuff seriously!! I will admit the shock combo is one skill i wish i took the time to master but i find it really hard to land while flying around. Now this might sound far fetched. But a few years ago I remember playing UT2k4 and there was a guy named fatality just how the douche bag spells his name with a 1 in it. If it was not him then it was still someone with insane talent because I never saw anyone since that could deal death that that guy did. I remember i have to leave the server because it was just silly how i could not even move before i was dead again.
__________________
In case you where getting bored hit up www.geforce3d.net

Also... if you need mod assistance please pm cjl64 for speedy results. :D
cjl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:21 AM   #220
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,757
icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses


Default

shock rifle takes INCREDIBLE skill to use effectively and combo will constantly movng. firing a shockball and stopping all movement to hit it is not effective use of the shock rifle. that said the shock rifle does not garuntee victory. the better player will win even without a shock rifle assuming lag factors are equal
__________________
"you son of a ***** do u think you can elude us forever carlos"

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:48 AM   #221
Adanu
MRA in Residence
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United States Mustafar
Posts: 11,514
Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Nope. I don't have UT2k4. I tried it for a while over at a friends house and found the same shock whores all over, so I didn't bother to touch it.


I don't mind twitch fests, that is what fast paced shooters are. What I DO mind
is when one weapon can destroy everyone when applied correctly, and then only that weapon becomes viable. It isn't like gunpowder, because if you get up close with a melee weapon you can still slice the guy in two before he can get off a shot, it can be used while going at a fast pace and whatnot.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:03 AM   #222
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,757
icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses


Default

so i guess uve never seen a high level ut2k4 match? most guns are viable, and shock is not the only weapon used. shock does not dominate the field. u probly just played players so much better than u they didnt have to use anything but shock and simply used u for aiming practice
__________________
"you son of a ***** do u think you can elude us forever carlos"

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:28 AM   #223
Shark
Pain
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: N/A
Posts: 6,971
Shark is still being judged by the masses


Default

why isnt this coming to xbox 360?
__________________
"Feel pain, contemplate pain, accept pain, know pain! Those who do not know pain will never understand true peace!" Nagato Sama
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:10 AM   #224
Codmate
Radeon R700
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 953
Codmate is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanu View Post
Yeah, nice assumption there.

Great skill my ass, the only thing it takes is a decent aim and the ability to place. The explosion does TONS of damage to a person and a shot from another of them can splatter you. I can do it myself, but it's basically cheating as it is. Anyone with a brain can use it to DESTROY everyone else, and then EVERYONE starts using it and then that's the only thing they use, such as with all the servers I play on. It's the tank rush from CnC3 for UT
That's such tripe.

Come back when you can do multiple shock combos on the move, dodging attacks as you go.

It takes skill to do that - and when people pull it off they *deserve* to have killed you just as much as if anybody killed you any other way.

You've just been raped too many times by the shock combo and never learned how to either use it yourself, or find a good counter to it.

UT2K4 is pretty darn well balanced IMO.
Certainly far better balanced than UT99 ever was, where the Flak could kill from miles away and the razor gun, um, existed

It's most amusing how UT noobs all moan like fractious toddlers about the weapon they get killed by most. And interesting that I've seen every weapon in the game come in for this kind of abuse...
"Oh Noes - multiple rockets are sooo unfair!!!"
"I can't believe he got me with the shield gun 20 times - so unfaaaiiiiirrrrr!!"
"It's too easy to get headshots with the lightning *blub*!!!"

So in other words - would you like some cheese with your whine?
Codmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:13 AM   #225
Codmate
Radeon R700
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 953
Codmate is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanu View Post
Nope. I don't have UT2k4. I tried it for a while over at a friends house and found the same shock whores all over, so I didn't bother to touch it.


I don't mind twitch fests, that is what fast paced shooters are. What I DO mind
is when one weapon can destroy everyone when applied correctly, and then only that weapon becomes viable. It isn't like gunpowder, because if you get up close with a melee weapon you can still slice the guy in two before he can get off a shot, it can be used while going at a fast pace and whatnot.
Lol - so you're saying a game that you only have cursory knowledge of is unbalanced?..

Yeah - I played Gran Turisimo for five minutes once and the mini is by far the best car...
__________________
XFX 750i Mainboard
Intel E7400 CPU
MOTU UltraLite Firewire Audio Interface
Saphire 5770 VGA card
4GB RAM
Codmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:07 AM   #226
clerick
tfw
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Canada Québec
Posts: 12,909
clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
why isnt this coming to xbox 360?
It is, but was delayed to 2008 because:
1) 360 has a fps heavy hitter this year called Halo 3
2) PS3 has been with UT3 from the start and they need something to fight halo with
3) They are trying to incorporate user modding feature into xbox live that would allow user content (something xbox lacks presently).
__________________
Quote:
"In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:20 AM   #227
Shark
Pain
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: N/A
Posts: 6,971
Shark is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
It is, but was delayed to 2008 because:
1) 360 has a fps heavy hitter this year called Halo 3
2) PS3 has been with UT3 from the start and they need something to fight halo with
3) They are trying to incorporate user modding feature into xbox live that would allow user content (something xbox lacks presently).
do the PS3 players play against PC gamers?
__________________
"Feel pain, contemplate pain, accept pain, know pain! Those who do not know pain will never understand true peace!" Nagato Sama
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:09 PM   #228
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United States Arizona
Posts: 3,395
RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
do the PS3 players play against PC gamers?
Yes.
__________________
| Xbox/Games for Windows LIVE: NeoHumanity | Steam: NeoHumanity |
| Random Textual Nonsense | Random Visual Stimuli | Twitch.tv Stream |
RAY16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:09 PM   #229
clerick
tfw
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Canada Québec
Posts: 12,909
clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY16 View Post
Yes.
I thought that this was just a rumor.
__________________
Quote:
"In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:21 PM   #230
Deaderinred
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 20,052
Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
I thought that this was just a rumor.
its not, and you don't even need vista.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 02:46 PM   #231
Shark
Pain
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: N/A
Posts: 6,971
Shark is still being judged by the masses


Default

but the PC players will own those with gamepads.
__________________
"Feel pain, contemplate pain, accept pain, know pain! Those who do not know pain will never understand true peace!" Nagato Sama
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 02:51 PM   #232
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United States Boston, MA
Posts: 2,186
ukHazard is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
but the PC players will own those with gamepads.

UT3 on the PS3 will have Keyboard and Mouse support... of course, there'll still be many who stick to the pads.
__________________
CS-Nation
ukHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 03:34 PM   #233
gramboh
Casual gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,453
gramboh is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codmate View Post
That's such tripe.

Come back when you can do multiple shock combos on the move, dodging attacks as you go.

It takes skill to do that - and when people pull it off they *deserve* to have killed you just as much as if anybody killed you any other way.

You've just been raped too many times by the shock combo and never learned how to either use it yourself, or find a good counter to it.

UT2K4 is pretty darn well balanced IMO.
Certainly far better balanced than UT99 ever was, where the Flak could kill from miles away and the razor gun, um, existed

It's most amusing how UT noobs all moan like fractious toddlers about the weapon they get killed by most. And interesting that I've seen every weapon in the game come in for this kind of abuse...
"Oh Noes - multiple rockets are sooo unfair!!!"
"I can't believe he got me with the shield gun 20 times - so unfaaaiiiiirrrrr!!"
"It's too easy to get headshots with the lightning *blub*!!!"

So in other words - would you like some cheese with your whine?
I never really played the UT series although I know about shock combos etc. Anyway, this is EXACTLY like people whining about the AWP being too powerful in CS, because they never learned to counter with flash/smoke and rifles. It's hilarious to see AWP-disabled pub servers in 1.6 still.
__________________
Intel C2Q Q6700 @ 3.3GHz w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 (1.45V)
4GB DDR2-734 @ 5-5-5-16 2.25v / Asus P5B Deluxe (BIOS 1236)
MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB OC (@ 960/2200) / Dell 2407WFP Rev. A04 24" LCD
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:27 PM   #234
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Canada Cowtown
Posts: 26,759
Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
so i guess uve never seen a high level ut2k4 match? most guns are viable, and shock is not the only weapon used. shock does not dominate the field. u probly just played players so much better than u they didnt have to use anything but shock and simply used u for aiming practice
Dont you know the 10 commandments of online multiplay?

1.) Thou shalt not use the most powerful of weapons becuase they are cheap. All weapons apply that are stronger than the automatic rifle or machine gun that is customary to spray and pray.

2.) Thou shalt not snipe. One shot kills from a distance is a sign of blasphemy.

3.) Thou shalt not be any user greater in skill and playability than the user themself. Any being that dares to challenge this law is a haxor.

4.) Thou shalt not use tactics. The best offense is a kamikaze offense.

5.) Thou shalt not defend. Anyone who does not have the best kill/death ratio (or challenge this ratio) does not contribute to their satisfaction and their team.

6.) Thou shalt not submit to the hands of one that deals a headshot. They are possessed by a demonic presence that corrupts the gameplay of the user. No one is good enough to headshot, especially more than 1 at a time.

7.) Thou shalt not have friendly fire. If possible; This detracts from the spray and pray tactic that is customary to online multiplay.

8.) Thou shalt not listen. When someone speaks, do not listen. When thou speaks, you shout until someone tells you to shut up, mute you or they actually listen to you.

9.) Thou shalt have order maintained by the admins. That means their rules, and their rules only apply. Even if it means you get banned, and/or your favorite weapon is banned because said weapons are incapable of perfect unity with the admins, server owners and regulars.
And finally

10.) Thou shalt not have a life. If you claim to be a being of godly abilities in an online game, you automatically do not have a life. You apparently live in your parents basement and never had sex or go outside according to all who wishes to label you and your godlike abilities. It must be true because they spoke it.
__________________
------Squachbox 2.0------
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad Blue 750watt PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:29 PM   #235
Adanu
MRA in Residence
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United States Mustafar
Posts: 11,514
Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Dont you know the 10 commandments of online multiplay?

1.) Thou shalt not use the most powerful of weapons becuase they are cheap. All weapons apply that are stronger than the automatic rifle or machine gun that is customary to spray and pray.

2.) Thou shalt not snipe. One shot kills from a distance is a sign of blasphemy.

3.) Thou shalt not be any user greater in skill and playability than the user themself. Any being that dares to challenge this law is a haxor.

4.) Thou shalt not use tactics. The best offense is a kamikaze offense.

5.) Thou shalt not defend. Anyone who does not have the best kill/death ratio (or challenge this ratio) does not contribute to their satisfaction and their team.

6.) Thou shalt not submit to the hands of one that deals a headshot. They are possessed by a demonic presence that corrupts the gameplay of the user. No one is good enough to headshot, especially more than 1 at a time.

7.) Thou shalt not have friendly fire. If possible; This detracts from the spray and pray tactic that is customary to online multiplay.

8.) Thou shalt not listen. When someone speaks, do not listen. When thou speaks, you shout until someone tells you to shut up, mute you or they actually listen to you.

9.) Thou shalt have order maintained by the admins. That means their rules, and their rules only apply. Even if it means you get banned, and/or your favorite weapon is banned because said weapons are incapable of perfect unity with the admins, server owners and regulars.
And finally

10.) Thou shalt not have a life. If you claim to be a being of godly abilities in an online game, you automatically do not have a life. You apparently live in your parents basement and never had sex or go outside according to all who wishes to label you and your godlike abilities. It must be true because they spoke it.

I have no problem with tactics. I have no problem with better players. I do have a problem with one weapon being much more useful then the others if you apply it correctly. Real life, you'd expect a sniper to dominate. In games, I want to be able to have a chance at taking that sniper out. You want realism? Play insurgency for HL2.

I have seen a few high level matches... and yes, most guns are viable, to high level players, but for the pubs and whatnot where I would go, most people are shock whores who only use that gun.

If they can balance the combo out so it is not the super powerful thing that it was, I'll be happy, but either that or remove it, or I won't be buying this.

I have never claimed to be the best player, and if I go up against a better player, I will admit defeat. But, when shock whores dominate EVERYTHING...
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:14 PM   #236
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,757
icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses


Default

thats exactly the thing, if ur gettign dominated by shock its cuz they are flat out better than u. i play people who try to shock whore and i destroy them. i also destroy snipers because they have no mobility. if u can own someone with only the shock gun its because u flat out own them. when i play bad players and i know they suck, sure ill just shock whore because my skill advantage over them is so big its all i need. when i play good players and i have to actually try to win i cant just use shock, i now rely on shock/flak/lg/mini/link because they arent just going to let u shock whore them.
__________________
"you son of a ***** do u think you can elude us forever carlos"

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:25 PM   #237
Adanu
MRA in Residence
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United States Mustafar
Posts: 11,514
Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
thats exactly the thing, if ur gettign dominated by shock its cuz they are flat out better than u. i play people who try to shock whore and i destroy them. i also destroy snipers because they have no mobility. if u can own someone with only the shock gun its because u flat out own them. when i play bad players and i know they suck, sure ill just shock whore because my skill advantage over them is so big its all i need. when i play good players and i have to actually try to win i cant just use shock, i now rely on shock/flak/lg/mini/link because they arent just going to let u shock whore them.

I think you are constantly misunderstanding what my issue is because of your obvious bias towards 'skill'
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:55 AM   #238
Codmate
Radeon R700
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 953
Codmate is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanu View Post
I think you are constantly misunderstanding what my issue is because of your obvious bias towards 'skill'
Your 'issue' (one of many I suspect) is that you're being owned by shock whores and haven't worked out how to defeat them yet.

It's actually not that hard.
Try arming the shock yourself and hitting their secondary with your primary for a start. Arming the flak/rockets and doing a dodge/wall-dodge away from the blast and then rocket/flak them in the face.

I don't know why I'm bothering to give you advice since your just arguing for the sake of it, having barely played the game.
Since you don't get on with UT, why not just play something else. The rest of us like it fine - *especially* the shock rifle, as when you get it right, it's a *really* satisfying way of fragging
__________________
XFX 750i Mainboard
Intel E7400 CPU
MOTU UltraLite Firewire Audio Interface
Saphire 5770 VGA card
4GB RAM
Codmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:25 AM   #239
klutzon
Found his way home
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kenya Rage3D: The Home of Manches™
Posts: 12,864
klutzon is still being judged by the masses


Default

While I agree with both icecold and Codmate in terms of this "shock" issue, I think what Brynn's trying to say (I'm not going to call you Adanu dude, you're Brynn for life ) is that when you log onto a server with loads of people using the same weapon, skill doesn't even come into issue when you spawn and before you get the chance to pick up a weapon that you can defend yourself with you get wasted. It's no fun spawning into a server where you can't last 3 seconds without getting killed. And the shock rifle is the easiest weapon to kill with.

I agree that skill is good, and it takes a lot of practice to get the shock rifle's skill down, and a lot of people use it, but for people who aren't experienced, to spawn into a level where that's all people are using, and they're using it simply because it's the quickest way to frag, it can get incredibly frustrating to get your ass handed to you every 5 seconds because no one gives you a chance to attack. I know how that feels...



And come on guys, you know full well why you're pimping the shock rifle. You know full well it's the easiest weapon to frag people with, and I'm sure icecold has taken great pleasure in fragging newbies who are just getting into the game and don't know what they're doing yet for a power ego-trip, never thinking that if a new player keeps getting their ass handed to them without a chance to fight back you're going to kill the game for them completely. Not saying to go soft on n00bs, but when you know you're against a player that's not that skilled you give them a break...
__________________
It's SEGA time!

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)

Last edited by klutzon : Sep 12, 2007 at 06:29 AM.
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:50 AM   #240
Codmate
Radeon R700
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 953
Codmate is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
While I agree with both icecold and Codmate in terms of this "shock" issue, I think what Brynn's trying to say (I'm not going to call you Adanu dude, you're Brynn for life ) is that when you log onto a server with loads of people using the same weapon, skill doesn't even come into issue when you spawn and before you get the chance to pick up a weapon that you can defend yourself with you get wasted. It's no fun spawning into a server where you can't last 3 seconds without getting killed. And the shock rifle is the easiest weapon to kill with.

I agree that skill is good, and it takes a lot of practice to get the shock rifle's skill down, and a lot of people use it, but for people who aren't experienced, to spawn into a level where that's all people are using, and they're using it simply because it's the quickest way to frag, it can get incredibly frustrating to get your ass handed to you every 5 seconds because no one gives you a chance to attack. I know how that feels...



And come on guys, you know full well why you're pimping the shock rifle. You know full well it's the easiest weapon to frag people with, and I'm sure icecold has taken great pleasure in fragging newbies who are just getting into the game and don't know what they're doing yet for a power ego-trip, never thinking that if a new player keeps getting their ass handed to them without a chance to fight back you're going to kill the game for them completely. Not saying to go soft on n00bs, but when you know you're against a player that's not that skilled you give them a break...
Sooooo..... you're saying that if you log into a server with better players than you, you might get your ass handed to you?

And some of them might use the shock rifle to do it, as it's possibly the easiest (and funniest) way of dispatching noobs who haven't learned to move yet?

Well I never

I guess the fact that if you try and shock combo an expereinced player you'll get flak in your face isn't relevant here?

Lets face it - we've all come to a multiplayer game late and been utterly humiliated.
It's only to be expected, and if you persevere you learn how to play the game.

Boring games are the ones that require very little skill, meaning that noobs and expereinced players have a more level playing field.

Last edited by Codmate : Sep 12, 2007 at 06:52 AM.
Codmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AA totally broken in B&W, Unreal, & Unreal Tournament spine AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 18 May 26, 2004 11:19 AM
FPS in Unreal Tournament anthr4x AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 9 May 18, 2003 03:24 PM
Unreal Tournament 2K3 iSlak Radeon Technical Support 4 Sep 22, 2002 02:34 PM
Strange thing in Unreal/Unreal Tournament Stonga Radeon Technical Support 4 Apr 28, 2002 08:04 AM
Unreal/Unreal Tournament OpenGL Renders.. Stonga AMD Radeon Discussion and Support 7 Feb 15, 2002 10:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink