Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:59 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Hoping the PC version is well optimized for good performance.

Unless they somehow learned from GTA4, then I can't get too excited about this one until it's released.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 01:25 PM   #32
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finally gta 5 getting released. I thought rockstar stopped making games
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:27 PM   #33
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I don't even think I have completed any of the GTA games. Played a lot of GTA III though, despite it's huge amount of performance issues on PC. Only played maybe an hour of each GTA after that.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:09 PM   #34
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I haven't completed all, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA 4 stories (ironically not the actual GTA4), and GTA 5.

The rest are unfinished.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:27 PM   #35
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
Framerate and resolution really killed it for me on Xbox 360. I stuck with it through the single player campaign, but not much longer after that. Looking forward to... Well, buying a new PC, because I'll need it if I want to double dip.
Yea, I loved the game but I didn't want to go back to have fun with it because the framerate/res was just so bad (and that part where you got a sub and dove under water, the damn fps dumped to single digits!!!)
clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:02 PM   #36
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
They made money more important in GTA V but made it harder to earn. You have to trick/glitch the stock market to make any real money.

It is a minor complaint since money doesn't really do anything for you.
Do you want to pay $3 million for a golf course that pays like 200k a month?

I wish they would have added some post game content to the single player game like more properties to take over, gang wars, etc.
The perfect game in the series to do that was GTA Vice City Stories.
I had a blast playing that. You were always on alert.

Still the 3 character system really worked for me. I can't wait to play it again on PS4 and PC.

The online, which I never really touched, is supposed to be worth the price alone.
...and you know this ... how?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:21 PM   #37
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

He owns a console.

I am intrigued to try online on PC. Given that kinks may have been ironed out now, online may actually be good. I am also now contemplating finishing the main story campaign on X360 or leaving it for PC. I am about 45+/6X missions done. Problem is that I just can't stomach replaying the missions in GTA V since they are boring as ****. Also the cutscenes are anywhere from bearable to downright annoying and stupid. I just can't go through that nonsense again.

Choices
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 05:29 PM   #38
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
...and you know this ... how?
You may be surprised to know this but 33 million people have played the game since last year.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:59 PM   #39
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

online is fun, i suspect steam works though so no badly spelled messages from whiny salty bastards that can't find you on a map looking for that bounty on your head because they didnt know about the subway or tunnel system.

i had so much fun ****ing with players that way, they refused to come down on foot and tried to get their big ass bullshit cars on the tracks. they didn't know about my charge bombs.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:15 PM   #40
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I haven't completed all, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA 4 stories (ironically not the actual GTA4), and GTA 5.

The rest are unfinished.
I completed vice city, san andreas gta 4 + expansions. gta 1, 2 and 3, never completed fully.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:28 PM   #41
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
You may be surprised to know this but 33 million people have played the game since last year.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:03 PM   #42
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Shhhh, you have to keep it a secret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:57 AM   #43
MNB4800
Radeon Volcanic Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Oh my how can I have the time to do all this.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:50 AM   #44
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can hardly wait for the PC version.
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:49 AM   #45
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

SteamDB now has an entery for GTA V Pre-order:

http://steamdb.info/app/271590/subs/
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 03:34 AM   #46
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Double dipping like a boss....don' currr!!!

Can't WAIIIT for mods!
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 04:02 AM   #47
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 05:51 AM   #48
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
Double dipping like a boss....don' currr!!!

Can't WAIIIT for mods!
double dipping like a mofo boss!!
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:41 PM   #49
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Waiting for the recommended specs that should blow away whats needed for watch dogs.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 04:42 AM   #50
SteadVéx
Radeon Sea Islands

SteadVéx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySteadVéx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I really want to see this on the PC, but other than seeing what it looks like i'm at a loss, if this was released at the same time as the 360 would of bought it instantly!
SteadVéx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 04:58 AM   #51
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Waiting for the recommended specs that should blow away whats needed for watch dogs.
Yeah it's going to take a beast of a PC to play this at max settings with all LOD's set to highest.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 05:00 AM   #52
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think 3GB cards will be the main reason you can't play on max settings. At least there will be justification to that in GTA V unlike watch dogs
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 05:13 AM   #53
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looking forward to playing a game where cars & pedestrians does not dither into existence right in front of you.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 02:55 PM   #54
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

anyone want to make some small wagers' the performance will blow?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 03:05 PM   #55
gster109
Radeon R200

gster109 is still being judged by the masses

i really have high hopes/expectations for this title, earlier last year Rockstar games hired PC porter's into their company. they know what theyre doing, no more mistakes from rockstar now watch.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:33 PM   #56
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

I haven't played any GTA game, ever.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:49 PM   #57
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Great, you should probably stay away from the thread then.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2014, 06:45 AM   #58
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
It is time for you to start.
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2014, 06:50 AM   #59
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Where's the ban button?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 09:19 AM   #60
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
You arent missing much.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote