Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 5, 2020, 04:39 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Ya, for GA VFR this is a total game changer.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2020, 04:45 PM   #212
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This game looks ridiculous.

Old Jul 5, 2020, 10:07 PM   #213
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Still no release date?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:06 PM   #214
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
This game looks ridiculous.

wish they would make a Cycling Apps for Smart Bike Trainers like this
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 03:30 AM   #215
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Still no release date?
I think I remember them releasing a statement that basically said that the pandemic was pushing dates around.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:23 PM   #216
_mulder
Radeon R200

_mulder is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I think I remember them releasing a statement that basically said that the pandemic was pushing dates around.
Closed beta may be announced this week. So getting closer to release
_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 03:58 PM   #217
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I can see myself playing this for years. I got completely hooked on FSX for many years awhile back, this is the biggest wet dream of mine gaming wise.

DO NOT **** THIS UP MICRO$HAFT!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 06:29 PM   #218
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I can see myself playing this for years. I got completely hooked on FSX for many years awhile back, this is the biggest wet dream of mine gaming wise.

DO NOT **** THIS UP MICRO$HAFT!
Doood you have no idea. Just wait.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:28 AM   #219
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Doood you have no idea. Just wait.
I hope it doesn't end up like Flight was where you had to pay for different locales. That would be a deal breaker to me. I wouldn't mind paying for different aircraft as long as they have realistic flight characteristics, but to pay to access other parts of the globe is a no no.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Jul 7, 2020 at 11:35 AM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 01:27 PM   #220
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Flight was an experiment in trying to control the lucrative addon market, they learned their lesson quite quickly. Without getting into anything that hasn't been posted on the official channels already, if you enjoyed stock FSX, you'll be happy.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 05:39 PM   #221
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Those guys that sell the scenery add-ons are ****ed. Who needs scenery mods when you have this freaking level of detail stock?
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 06:31 PM   #222
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Still looks amazing.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 07:44 PM   #223
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Screenshots and videos really don't do it justice to be honest. That first time you get a chance to actually fire it up and takeoff, it's worth the wait.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 05:04 AM   #224
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Do we have any idea of cost yet ? £59.99 - £199 ?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 08:15 AM   #225
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I wonder what the install size will be.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 08:39 AM   #226
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Does this have VR support or looking at those visuals, is that a pipe dream?
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:18 PM   #227
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Does this have VR support or looking at those visuals, is that a pipe dream?
It doesn't look like there will be at launch but Microsoft stated that they realize the demand is high and will make it a priority in the future. But yeah, we'll probably have to wait for hardware to catch up to do it justice. VR performance even in DCS World is barely decent on top end hardware right now. I wonder how smooth FS2020 is going to be compared to DCS on current hardware. I just hope it's not a chugfest at least on pancake displays like FSX was at launch.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:19 PM   #228
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

It will have vr from what i understand.. file size is over 100GB at the moment from what "i've heard". And yes the whole world is in one game every air port..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Those guys that sell the scenery add-ons are ****ed. Who needs scenery mods when you have this freaking level of detail stock?
Yeah, I think those days are done and over

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:20 PM   #229
John C Flett
Veteran of Psychic Wars

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

They have promised VR support, probably soon after launch, though I believe at this point we don't even have TrackIr support.

That said, this is still little more than a tech demo, so its not fair to complain too much if there are quality of life issues at this point.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:29 PM   #230
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
I wonder how smooth FS2020 is going to be compared to DCS on current hardware. I just hope it's not a chugfest at least on pancake displays like FSX was at launch.
That sim youtuber MadKatz or whatever he's called has been a part of the FSX beta program. During his 'DCS need to get their **** together' rant a few weeks back, he hinted at the WORLD'S OF DISTANCE there is between the two platforms. He couldn't get into it due to his NDA with MS, but you can tell he wanted to slam Eagle Dynamics and the inefficiency of their engine compared to what is achieved is FSX.

Eagle Dynamics is nowhere near a good representation of what top current hardware could do in VR. They're hoping to change that, but after a few years, no one is holding their breath.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:32 PM   #231
Evileh

Quote:
That sim youtuber MadKatz or whatever he's called has been a part of the FSX beta program. During his 'DCS need to get their **** together' rant a few weeks back, he hinted at the WORLD'S OF DISTANCE there is between the two platforms. He couldn't get into it due to his NDA with MS, but you can tell he wanted to slam Eagle Dynamics and the inefficiency of their engine compared to what is achieved is FSX.

Eagle Dynamics is nowhere near a good representation of what top current hardware could do in VR. They're hoping to change that, but after a few years, no one is holding their breath.
Oh the engine is ridiculous i'll just tell you that one... 32GB of ram are gonna be needed for ultra everything trust me.

Old Jul 8, 2020, 01:06 PM   #232
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Oh the engine is ridiculous i'll just tell you that one... 32GB of ram are gonna be needed for ultra everything trust me.
Ridiculous in terms of efficiency or inefficiency for FSX?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 01:24 PM   #233
Evileh

Quote:
Ridiculous in terms of efficiency or inefficiency for FSX?
Its pretty seemless

Old Jul 8, 2020, 02:15 PM   #234
John C Flett
Veteran of Psychic Wars

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't want to get pinned down on specifics. I don't know what inside or tech knowledge MadKatz has and I certainly have no detailed technical understanding of the two titles.

However, it seems to me FS2020 offloads detailed scenery generation to Microsoft and then simply shows the results of their calculations. It also only processes a smallish number of AI aircraft with limited interaction.

DCS on the other hand can have huge numbers of vehicles, weapon systems and sensors. All of which have to interact with each other and the player in a dynamic fashion.

I can't help feeling this is a bit of a chalk and cheese comparison.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 02:33 PM   #235
Evileh

You right there are comparing a military sim to a flight sim. Completely different things. I dont see the correlation or what you are trying to really make a point about.

Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:16 AM   #236
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Last edited by Thr0tt : Jul 13, 2020 at 08:23 AM.
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:26 AM   #237
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:29 AM   #238
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
wowzers
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:40 AM   #239
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm not even a flight sim guy, but this game looks absolutely amazing. This is real next gen, using technology and data that didn't previously exist to make games that would have been previously impossible.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 09:21 AM   #240
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/mic...ight-simulator

OS Windows 10 (v. 1909)
Processor Intel i5-4460, Ryzen 3 1200
GPU NVIDIA GTX 770, Radeon RX 570
Memory 8 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM
Storage 150 GB
DirectX DirectX 11

the minimum requirements are not that crazy, that storage size is also somewhat surprisingly less than the biggest AAA games.