Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:43 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

There is community ran servers guys for 2142

btw hax

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:49 PM   #32
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
There is community ran servers guys for 2142

btw hax

Link plz?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 02:59 PM   #33
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Link plz?
Uhhhh no idea but i know it exists

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 23, 2021, 03:28 PM   #34
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Uhhhh no idea but i know it exists
It used to until EA said no more.

yoz
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:10 PM   #35
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope it will be good, I need a casual shooter.

But it is a bit worrisome that literally all the people that BF good in the first place are gone, and the people responsible for all the bad decisions made with BF V are still there.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:24 AM   #36
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I do not know how you can call BFV bad by any stretch of imagination. The game was great even with its quirks. And if anything they continued improving it quite a lot as time progressed. I spent about 200 hrs on computer and another 100 on PS4 on this game. That is more than any other version of BF.

Only reason I don’t play anymore is because it made me completely stop playing SP games which I still enjoy more than MP. That and most of my work friends stopped playing. Plus Evileh is gay.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:16 AM   #37
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I’m still playing BF3 with a mate. Fun times.

Brings back memories.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 07:34 AM   #38
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BFV wasn't terrible, but it was just another lazy no-effort release by DICE. They haven't come up with anything new or interesting to add to the series since BF2, and that was forever ago. The balance in BFV was completely out of whack and that's ultimately what made me stop playing.

I don't regret it though. I ended up buying Hell Let Loose on a whim and it's now one of my favorite games ever, and the development team is extremely engaged, releasing huge patches and adding tons of new features. I love it. I strongly suggest if you're looking for a BF mix with Red Orchestra, to check it out. It's by far the best MP shooter on the market imo, and the developers deserve every penny. They've labored on this game for over two years now, and it's grown immensely.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:15 AM   #39
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
BFV wasn't terrible, but it was just another lazy no-effort release by DICE. They haven't come up with anything new or interesting to add to the series since BF2, and that was forever ago. The balance in BFV was completely out of whack and that's ultimately what made me stop playing.

I don't regret it though. I ended up buying Hell Let Loose on a whim and it's now one of my favorite games ever, and the development team is extremely engaged, releasing huge patches and adding tons of new features. I love it. I strongly suggest if you're looking for a BF mix with Red Orchestra, to check it out. It's by far the best MP shooter on the market imo, and the developers deserve every penny. They've labored on this game for over two years now, and it's grown immensely.
I love the idea of games like Hell Let Loose, but worry about their ability to maintain players. When a multiplayer game becomes too niche, only the most devoted stay, making it a terrible experience for newcomers. Does it actually get 100 players in those giant battles?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:35 AM   #40
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Does HLL have quick scoping?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:37 AM   #41
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Does HLL have quick scoping?
It's not a game meant for you, KAC. stay away
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:02 PM   #42
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Mouse

I loved Red Orchestra, but HLL seemed more towards something like ARMA than Battlefield (move one inch and get murdered by that pixel 300 feet away). So Hell Let Loose is actually accessible to someone who can't survive in hyper realism war games?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:15 PM   #43
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I love the idea of games like Hell Let Loose, but worry about their ability to maintain players. When a multiplayer game becomes too niche, only the most devoted stay, making it a terrible experience for newcomers. Does it actually get 100 players in those giant battles?
When I first started playing at initial release, playerbase was a problem. You could only play at night and only one, maybe two servers would be filled. Now you have 10+ servers every night filled 100 players. There's more than one server filled at 100 even during work hours.

The playerbase has grown incredibly quickly and it's retained lots of those players; likely because the game is just that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
I loved Red Orchestra, but HLL seemed more towards something like ARMA than Battlefield (move one inch and get murdered by that pixel 300 feet away). So Hell Let Loose is actually accessible to someone who can't survive in hyper realism war games?
I don't really enjoy ARMA outside of some custom mod gameplay, and haven't played ARMA in a very long time. I can't get enough of Hell Let Loose, so my answer to this is Yes. Are there times where you get sniped by some guy miles away that you didn't see? Yeah, and the low time-to-kill can be frustrating sometimes, but the squad play, atmosphere, and the other stuff you can do (be an engineer, build nodes and play a support role) means you don't have to try and be some killing god every match.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 06:43 PM   #44
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

BF6 might make BF fun again.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2021, 08:29 PM   #45
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Battle Royale games have snatched up a massive portion of the BF playerbase. Even the CoD series is now heavily focused on their BR mode, which is insanely popular.

If BF does another "just stick a BR mode in there" last ditch effort to keep players, it won't work. BR gamers don't want to play with authentic vintage style weapons from the early 20th century, they want modern military style weaponry, especially assault rifles, shotguns, smg's and long range rifles.

Nevertheless they shouldn't try to compete with the BR big boys, but rather continue to evolve the BF3/4 game and focus on the kinds of conquest style gameplay which they excelled at back in those days.

The biggest hurdle for them is pricing competition. Other shooter games you either pay once and play forever, or it's a free to pay financial model. BF releasing a full price game every couple of years ensured that over time they lost players to other games with more consumer friendly pricing structures.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:23 AM   #46
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

It's true. Another thing I've hated in BF games... the dated loot box system. Just give me all the weapons and let me unlock cosmetics. It's the best monetization model, has been since TF2, stop ****ing with it.

They could learn allot from Apex in that regard.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 02:16 AM   #47
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Well the model that they have is dated. Now games are content free and all cosmetics are basically paid. In BF series all the cosmetics you get in game but if you want all the maps and **** you have to pay for it.

I think they need to go either one time payment for everything and forget season passes for maps or go the whole free to play and all cosmetics are paid.

The days of getting 100s of bucks in one pop out of gamers are long gone now. Especially with free to play games who can slowly burn you for money. Everyone will scoff at 100 bucks up front for their 4 map packs.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 03:07 AM   #48
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah next BF will probably be battle royale focused, conquest as an afterthought.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 03:19 AM   #49
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Well the model that they have is dated. Now games are content free and all cosmetics are basically paid. In BF series all the cosmetics you get in game but if you want all the maps and **** you have to pay for it.

I think they need to go either one time payment for everything and forget season passes for maps or go the whole free to play and all cosmetics are paid.

The days of getting 100s of bucks in one pop out of gamers are long gone now. Especially with free to play games who can slowly burn you for money. Everyone will scoff at 100 bucks up front for their 4 map packs.
Did you sleep through bf v and battlefront 2?

They are already on that model.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 03:52 AM   #50
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

Was about to post something similar in KAC language but refrained because logical sends me dirty messages and ban threats when I post.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 07:31 AM   #51
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Was about to post something similar in KAC language but refrained because logical sends me dirty messages and ban threats when I post.

yoz
Old Jan 27, 2021, 10:41 AM   #52
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

Yes because they are both garbage and dont feel like bf games.

Quote:
You've been particularly bad outside of PC gaming and you keep slowly trying to move that garbage in here. It's been noticed.

Old Jan 31, 2021, 09:06 AM   #53
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yep thats what i normally do lol cause most of my team mates are mindless blueberrys most of the time. They have to sense on when to push and how not to spawn in stupid areas so they constantly just die over and over
That's something I'd like to see improve in BF6. The population can't be trusted with commander roles and proper teamplay like it could in the past. Not sure if fixing it is more on screen info, AI commanders giving orders, scoring changes... But when we three were the only ones attacking, there was really no chance.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:19 PM   #54
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Should we rename this thread the Evileh has mad skillz thread?

More like bad skills amirite?

But seriously though acroig is right take it to the bf5 thread if you want to post scores.

Old Jan 31, 2021, 03:25 PM   #55
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
More like bad skills amirite?

But seriously though acroig is right take it to the bf5 thread if you want to post scores.
Bad skills? I carry almost a 2.0 k/d lol. 63% hs to kill ratio with the kar.

Old Jan 31, 2021, 03:45 PM   #56
Nunz
RIP Roxen

The average player in BF is a ****ing bot so I don't think it's that amazing. I haven't played in two years and I could probably top frag a match right now
Old Jan 31, 2021, 04:00 PM   #57
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The average player in BF is a ****ing bot so I don't think it's that amazing. I haven't played in two years and I could probably top frag a match right now
Probably you've always been aggressive.. I'm not, I bide my time and watch for people to make mistakes.

Old Jan 31, 2021, 07:01 PM   #58
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Bad skills? I carry almost a 2.0 k/d lol. 63% hs to kill ratio with the kar.
KD doesn't mean **** in conquest. I'd take a guy who's .5 kdr but taking points than some guying spamming a sniper in the middle of nowhere.

I've played in games where snipers and pilots are 50-0 and really didn't contribute **** to the win. Guys who had less than half kills and .5 kdr taking all the points carrying the team to the win.

Last edited by logical : Jan 31, 2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 07:10 PM   #59
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Probably you've always been aggressive.. I'm not, I bide my time and watch for people to make mistakes.
Gotta stomp the peons
Old Feb 2, 2021, 05:37 PM   #60
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Brace yourselves... info is coming.

Quote:
We will reveal the game in the spring and deliver the defining Battlefield experience for our players in the 2021 holiday season
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote