Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 13, 2021, 08:22 PM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Given the updates, I will eventually be really excited to play this. I just don't see the point of buying it until it's complete though.

I would not be happy if I played it in its original state.
Is it not complete now?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2021, 08:36 PM   #662
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Playing some of this tonight, I'm finding it quite good. As I never finish games or rarely and probably only played though the first level or 2 from the original.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2021, 08:36 PM   #663
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I was under the impression draw calls are needed for shadows, screen space or not.
screen space shadows are purely post proccess, same as ao, run entirely on the gpu after the game imagage has been created. I imagine there may be the tiniest smidgen of cpu time used as i dont think there is anything 100% offloaded to the gpu yet not even physx on nvidia cards, but its like 99.9 repeater.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:20 PM   #664
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Finally picked this up, as it's on sale for $15 now. Overall it's a mixed bag. Performance does seem to be better than the original in many areas, but it still runs slow and unstable any time there's buildings on screen, same as the original.

The colors seem a bit more cartoonish than the original, the other characters often look more like plastic than they did before, and I prefer the original's water effects.

That being said, many of the new textures on the beach and rocks look fantastic. There is some great stuff in here, but it still seems a bit inconsistent.

Also, lots of the suit controls are janky and broken. If I'm crouched with invisibility, and then bring up the wheel to change the suit power, it forces me to stand up, often pushing me out of cover. Lots of times I try to pick up enemy weapons and can't. Lots of little gameplay stuff just seems broken and unpolished.

Ultimately this remaster only needed to accomplish one thing and that was to run smoothly on modern systems, and its a pretty spectacular failure in that regard.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:55 PM   #665
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes there are gameplay bugs that I never experienced in the original.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2021, 01:03 AM   #666
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Allot of that comes from the console base they used.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2021, 07:08 AM   #667
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2021, 05:33 PM   #668
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There seems to be a secondary patch for this? Saturday showed 6.5 GB? Today I got another 4.5GB.

Maybe it is this

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/crysi...r-tweaks-dlss/
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2021, 05:42 PM   #669
acroig
Troll Mod

DLSS was enabled when i played yesterday so dunno what the issue is.

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2021, 08:49 PM   #670
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
screen space shadows are purely post proccess, same as ao, run entirely on the gpu after the game imagage has been created. I imagine there may be the tiniest smidgen of cpu time used as i dont think there is anything 100% offloaded to the gpu yet not even physx on nvidia cards, but its like 99.9 repeater.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 06:37 PM   #671
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Crysis Remastered PC Update 2.1.2 Release Notes

Quote:
Crytek has released a brand new update for the PC version of Crysis Remastered. According to the team, Update 2.1.2 adds an Experimental RayTracing Boost Mode.

This RT Boost Mode is more of a fun/experimental feature to give more effects with minimal impact on performance. Going into more details, it enables RT reflections on nearly all surfaces in game. It also enables Ray randomization for proper support of rough surfaces. Furthermore, it adds about 5% of specular reflectance by default to all surfaces.

It’s also worth noting that this patch optimizes the GPU memory usage in RTX mode. Additionally, it fixes an issue that caused RayTracing Screen Space Reflections to not be visible on distant surfaces, and optimizes RayTracing Screen Space Reflections performance for 4K.

Quote:
General

Experimental RayTracing Boost mode has been added.

Enabled RT reflections on nearly all surfaces in game.
Enabled Ray randomization for proper support of rough surfaces.
About 5% of specular reflectance has been added by default to all surfaces.

Developer Note:

During the development of Crysis Remastered, the team came up with the concept of adding a boost to RayTracing. This boost mode is more of a fun/experimental feature that we wanted to bring to all the RayTracing enthusiasts out there, to give more effects with minimal impact on performance. This option has been added to the in-game Graphic settings menu and can only be activated when Global Raytracing option is enabled.

Bug Fixes?

Motion blur has been reactivated: Motion Blur was temporary disabled with 2.1.1 due to some issues where the motion blur effect was far more intense than intended. A fix has been implemented and motion blur is now available once again.
Improvement made to the model for the SCAR.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to activate Anti-Aliasing (AA) from the options menu when DLSS is turned on.
Developer Note: By design, AA is not supposed to work while NVIDIA’s DLSS is active. To increase the visibility on this, AA will now be greyed out once DLSS has been turned on.
Fixed a UI issue that resulted in the selected difficulty settings appearing as set to “Easy” when another difficulty has been selected.
Fixed some black or random textures that could appear when RayTracing is enabled on some PCs.
Reduced and fixed several visible cracks that can appear in RayTracing geometry.
Fixed a rare crash that could occur when Raytracing has been enabled.
Fixed some incorrect texture tiling that could be visible when RayTracing is enabled.
Also fixed an issue that could result in stalls when loading RayTracing textures.
Optimized the GPU memory usage in RTX mode (freed around 300+ MB on GPU).
Fixed an issue with some light clip volumes support when RayTracing is enabled which will now allow for more precise RT shading.
Fixed an issue that caused RayTracing Screen Space Reflections to not be visible on distant surfaces.
Optimized RayTracing Screen Space Reflections performance for 4K.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 07:42 PM   #672
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I would love to see what that new ray tracing boost mode looks like. Especially in comparison to with it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 02:47 PM   #673
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Here are a couple of screenshots. It would still be interesting to see how this looked in motion.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ha...racing-upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 07:04 PM   #674
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
I would love to see what that new ray tracing boost mode looks like. Especially in comparison to with it off.
Turned it on, didn't see a difference.

yoz
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:47 PM   #675
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Parted with $30 for the purchase. Firing it up now.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 01:27 AM   #676
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Game has been on sale for 8-12 bucks routinely.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 09:23 PM   #677
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Turned it on, didn't see a difference.
I can see the difference but it's subtle. Your weapon for example has more realistic reflective surfaces, as do many of the other rough surfaces in the world.

It's similar to Cyberpunks implementation where rough surfaces still emit ray traced reflection, not just shiny flat surfaces.
Old May 2, 2021, 03:37 AM   #678
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Game has been on sale for 8-12 bucks routinely.
Now he tells me!
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote