Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 19, 2020, 11:48 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Not only is that video an old one, and the version they used from the start of last year, but the shader uses path tracing which IS ray tracing as it currently stands. Path tracing is the only way for the gpu to run ray tracing at reasonable frame rates and is also how the nvidia **** works.

That being said, the newer iterations of that same shader are so goode, that microsoft copied a lot of it for its own ray tracing in minecraft.
lol what?
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2020, 01:13 PM   #92
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post

Skip to 17:47.
I don't know why that guy had such bad performance? I played through Crysis I guess maybe 5 years ago now on a 2500K system with whatever midrange AMD GPU was out at the time and it ran fine. I wasn't getting hundreds of FPS, but I was getting 50-70 FPS. It's a demanding game, but not that demanding. It played smooth enough, and at the time I only had a 60 Hz monitor too, so I didn't mind the FPS I was getting.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2020, 01:15 PM   #93
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I don't know why that guy had such bad performance? I played through Crysis I guess maybe 5 years ago now on a 2500K system with whatever midrange AMD GPU was out at the time and it ran fine. I wasn't getting hundreds of FPS, but I was getting 50-70 FPS. It's a demanding game, but not that demanding. It played smooth enough, and at the time I only had a 60 Hz monitor too, so I didn't mind the FPS I was getting.
Some maps are more taxing than others.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2020, 01:18 PM   #94
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I guess that's true. I just didn't really notice a serious issue when playing it, so I don't know. Maybe one or two maps were a little sluggish, but for the most part it was fine.

I'm with everyone who is a bit meh with this. I liked Crysis, but I don't know that I have any interest in playing it again. Frankly, I wish we'd get a remaster of something really good like Deus Ex.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2020, 01:20 PM   #95
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...eveal-analysis

"It's impossible to run Crysis at 60fps from start to finish, even on today's hardware - but ironically, it's not the graphics side of the equation that is the problem but rather the CPU. The Ascension level (omitted from the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions) can run under 40fps, even if you try to power through with a Core i7 8700K overclocked to 5.0GHz. Meanwhile, encounters with a good amount of enraged enemy AI can likewise hammer frame-rate hard, something that has more impact on first and second generation Ryzen chips. Back in 2007, Crytek built a game designed to scale with single-threaded performance with only cursory support for more than one CPU core - and that's the key reason why a remaster is so welcome. Crysis can finally take advantage of modern processors in the way its sequels did so well."
Oooo nice!. Multicore support.. nice!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2020, 01:21 PM   #96
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I remember the ice levels chowed my framerate/pc.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 03:21 PM   #97
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
I remember the ice levels chowed my framerate/pc.
Exactly.

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2020, 06:02 PM   #98
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The only way to play Crysis is in Delta difficulty. Anything less and it feels like playing a tech demo. Delta will force you to use all the suits abilities. I have such fond memories of the game.....feeling like The Predator and terrorising members of the KPA. No game has come close (for me) to matching that feeling. I hope the remaster retains the mechanics that create that experience.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2020, 06:08 PM   #99
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
The only way to play Crysis is in Delta difficulty. Anything less and it feels like playing a tech demo. Delta will force you to use all the suits abilities. I have such fond memories of the game.....feeling like The Predator and terrorising members of the KPA. No game has come close (for me) to matching that feeling. I hope the remaster retains the mechanics that create that experience.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2020, 02:12 AM   #100
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
+1
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:50 AM   #101
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Remake, remake, remake - What is remake?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:43 PM   #102
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

If they do a remake, then they should make it support VR as well. Just to make sure "does it run Crysis" is still valid, VR forces it to render double the screens at least.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 04:13 PM   #103
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Adding VR would be allot more work though.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2020, 04:41 PM   #104
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Adding VR would be allot more work though.
So how good is this going to run on my Switch?

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2020, 01:30 AM   #105
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I also remember the multi-core thing. What a mis-step that was for Crysis. AMD and Intel both got into Multi-Core cpu's 2yrs prior and by Crysis release date AMD released the X4 series stuff.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Apr 21, 2020, 01:54 AM   #106
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

ArmA III multicore optimized yet?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 01:45 PM   #107
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

The "Crysis" issue was never about graphics quality, there were games that ended up looking just as good or better.

It was about graphics optimization. That's not something to brag about.

Crysis didn't run like **** because it pushed graphics quality, it ran like **** because it was poorly optimized. Yeah, you can make a game look good and play crappy by making everything 32-bit color with brute force rendering (from when 16 bit color games were the norm). It's another thing to actually optimize the pipeline in a way that makes it much more efficient and thus perform better. That's essentially what Crysis did (or didn't do). Pushed new rendering techniques letting the GPU do the brunt of the work, didn't bother to optimize the engine to make it more efficient in how it rendered.

They did eventually do this for Crysis 2 and 3 without, but they better not pull the same **** all over again with Crysis remake. They have a behemoth of a competitor in Unreal Engine 4 that is capable of creating ultra realistic environments not yet implemented in Unreal Engine games, I haven't seen any Cryengine demo approach the level of realism seen in those demos, not even thier faked software ray tracing demo.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2020, 02:11 PM   #108
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
....they better not pull the same **** all over again with Crysis remake. They have a behemoth of a competitor in Unreal Engine 4 that is capable of creating ultra realistic environments not yet implemented in Unreal Engine games, I haven't seen any Cryengine demo approach the level of realism seen in those demos, not even thier faked software ray tracing demo.
Yeah I want to see how it looks and how it performs before buying (that's probably a lie on my part). I wish they would implement an RT hardware accelerated method.

yoz
Old Apr 21, 2020, 02:21 PM   #109
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

What I find funny is some of the "new" stuff for this remaster is already in Crysis on PC. So I have to wonder if some of this is more console centric than PC.

System:
Old Apr 21, 2020, 02:21 PM   #110
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
What I find funny is some of the "new" stuff for this remaster is already in Crysis on PC. So I have to wonder if some of this is more console centric than PC.
Like what?

yoz
Old Apr 21, 2020, 02:25 PM   #111
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
They're throwing a bone to the Xbone/PS4 consoles what we get is afterbirth related to their efforts.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2020, 03:08 PM   #112
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Like what?
Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Motion Blur, Depth of Field, Shafts of light are all already in the game. And SSDO is nice, but it's a little upgrade over SSAO already in Crysis.

System:
Old Apr 21, 2020, 03:39 PM   #113
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

As far as I know the original Crysis might have been coded to run on only 1 core. Newer iterations of the engine ran on multicore. So now it will run better but they will upgrade stuff you probably can't see a difference in but will run the same as the old Crysis did on PC.

Move along, nothing to see here unless you're new to the game.
I'll still get it though for research purposes.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 03:47 PM   #114
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Motion Blur, Depth of Field, Shafts of light are all already in the game. And SSDO is nice, but it's a little upgrade over SSAO already in Crysis.
All true but they promised lots more than that in the remaster.

I do agree that all those things you listed are for consoles though.

yoz
Old Apr 21, 2020, 09:37 PM   #115
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just to refresh this was Crysis E3 trailer in 2006

If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2020, 04:56 PM   #116
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Since the original Crysis and the successors were more or less an EA games, the chance that the Crysis remake will be only sold through Origin is 100%.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 07:09 PM   #117
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Since the original Crysis and the successors were more or less an EA games, the chance that the Crysis remake will be only sold through Origin is 100%.
What makes you say that? EA has been experimenting with Steam again of late:
https://www.windowscentral.com/list-...s-coming-steam

I don't think the chance of a Steam release without Origin is high, nor do I think the chance of a Steam release is high at all, but it's no certainty that this won't be sold on Steam.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 08:59 PM   #118
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
What makes you say that? EA has been experimenting with Steam again of late:

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-...s-coming-steam

I don't think the chance of a Steam release without Origin is high, nor do I think the chance of a Steam release is high at all, but it's no certainty that this won't be sold on Steam.
Crysis, warhead and 2 are on steam too so it's actually very plausible for the remaster to be in steam.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 01:41 AM   #119
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Crysis, warhead and 2 are on steam too so it's actually very plausible for the remaster to be in steam.
Isn't that more a case of EA not removing old games from Steam when they launched Origin, especially as Crysis 3 is not on Steam.

However as Star Wars Jedi Fallen Ordrer is on Steam I can't see why the Crysis remake wouldn't be.
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2020, 02:33 AM   #120
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Jedi marked the return of EA to steam, It's official - EA is returning to Steam

System: