Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 23, 2020, 02:19 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithurge View Post
Isn't that more a case of EA not removing old games from Steam when they launched Origin, especially as Crysis 3 is not on Steam.

However as Star Wars Jedi Fallen Ordrer is on Steam I can't see why the Crysis remake wouldn't be.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is on Epic Games as well. Not sure why EA decided to do this and if it is a one time only. Only new games seems to appear on Steam in that case. So far what I'm looking for is Mass Effect 3 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst but they will never come to Steam.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 06:55 PM   #122
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is on Epic Games as well. Not sure why EA decided to do this and if it is a one time only. Only new games seems to appear on Steam in that case. So far what I'm looking for is Mass Effect 3 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst but they will never come to Steam.
Oh, they should definitely be distributing it on UPlay!

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2020, 07:04 PM   #123
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Downloaded Crysis. Choppy as heck. Uninstalled. Will await Remaster.
Downloaded Crysis 2. Runs like butter but very poor graphics. Uninstalled.
Downloading Crysis 3 now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 23, 2020, 07:55 PM   #124
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Downloaded Crysis. Choppy as heck. Uninstalled. Will await Remaster.
Downloaded Crysis 2. Runs like butter but very poor graphics. Uninstalled.
Downloading Crysis 3 now.
Good mods for Crysis 2 that can make it look much better.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:38 AM   #125
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Downloaded Crysis 3. Was a good experience. I can see myself playing through it again. Good graphics even in today’s date.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 05:14 AM   #126
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It's not a one off and old games are supposedly a work in progress.

Trunks posted the following which links to the detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Jedi marked the return of EA to steam, It's official - EA is returning to Steam
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:33 PM   #127
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Downloaded Crysis 3. Was a good experience. I can see myself playing through it again. Good graphics even in today’s date.
Indeed.

yoz
Old Apr 25, 2020, 09:56 AM   #128
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Crysis 3 was pretty sweet... HUGE improvement over 2 in almost every way IMO.

I really wish the "tall grass" sections didn't destroy my CPU though. The rest of the game runs really well maxed out, but from what I recall those areas send me all the way down into the 40s.

Last edited by Chubz : Apr 25, 2020 at 10:11 AM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2020, 01:46 PM   #129
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

How did download it? UPlay or EA Origin?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 01:53 PM   #130
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
How did download it? UPlay or EA Origin?
Origin for me.

yoz
Old Apr 25, 2020, 05:51 PM   #131
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

At this point I feel like even Unigine has leapfrogged Cryengine. Has many of the same features, but seems better put together.

EDIT: Star Citizen wen through all the trouble of doing 64-bit in Cryengine, but Unigine alreeady does this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2020, 07:19 PM   #132
KAC
It might be gays!

Origin. Took 2 minutes lol.
Thank you 1 Gbps Internet.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 09:15 PM   #133
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Fired up Crysis again. Actually it runs way better on my machine than I remember. Maybe not quite a locked 60, but very smooth, even in heavy action sequences. Gorgeous game, even at the 1080p that I'm playing. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the remaster.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2020, 01:14 PM   #134
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Origin. Took 2 minutes lol.
Thank you 1 Gbps Internet.
Lol the game has been installed on my pc since it launched.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2020, 01:31 PM   #135
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post

yoz
Old Apr 28, 2020, 03:01 PM   #136
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Dedication
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2020, 05:54 PM   #137
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal on July 1, 2020.

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2020, 06:08 PM   #138
acroig
Troll Mod

Nice!

yoz
Old Jun 29, 2020, 06:16 PM   #139
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal on July 1, 2020.

AARGGHHH I can't wait that long
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2020, 06:26 PM   #140
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Good timing, I was starting to want to re-install the original and then remembered I'd have to dig out my physical copy...

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:56 PM   #141
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Hopefully they release soon and not coming "2021-22"...
Old Jun 30, 2020, 04:18 AM   #142
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
At this point I feel like even Unigine has leapfrogged Cryengine. Has many of the same features, but seems better put together.

EDIT: Star Citizen wen through all the trouble of doing 64-bit in Cryengine, but Unigine alreeady does this.
apart from some decent benchmarks there have not really been any decent big budget games made with Unigine

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 06:03 AM   #143
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

The MS Store trailer

https://streamable.com/ra1a1h
Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:09 AM   #144
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It really dosen't look all that great. Its a we added ray tracing and that's pretty much it.

My guess, anything on a 2080 or lower at 1080p will be around 30FPS or lower. 2080Ti will be around 40FPS to 50 FPS.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:10 AM   #145
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks the same as the original ?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:15 AM   #146
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like one lazy remaster.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:26 AM   #147
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Hopefully they release soon and not coming "2021-22"...
Don't the events in Crysis 1 happen this August?

yoz
Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:30 AM   #148
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Looks the same as the original ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Looks like one lazy remaster.
Ya, rly.

yoz
Old Jun 30, 2020, 08:00 AM   #149
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
there have not really been any decent big budget games made with Unigine
And there won't be for quite some time, as it lacks many of the user interface tools which make life easier for game developers. The engine is quite capable but you'd need to code a lot of your own tools if you decide to use it right now - for any dev it simply makes sense to use another engine which has them.

Looks promising though, I'd check back in a year or two to see how they're doing.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 08:07 AM   #150
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
And there won't be for quite some time, as it lacks many of the user interface tools which make life easier for game developers. The engine is quite capable but you'd need to code a lot of your own tools if you decide to use it right now - for any dev it simply makes sense to use another engine which has them.

Looks promising though, I'd check back in a year or two to see how they're doing.
Not to be an ass but this is way off topic.

yoz