Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 29, 2020, 01:52 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

This game really does show off RTX and DLSS. I get mostly low 60s FPS with some dips into upper 50s and sometimes up into the 70s outdoors. This is on RTX [email protected] with everything set to Ultra and DLSS set to balanced.

I don't have much time to play as I am about to head to work but the game looks amazing. I am also not experiencing any stuttering but maybe G-Sync is helping with that. I also installed the new drivers this morning but don't think I saw any big performance increases, but I would recommend installing them anyway as it may help older cards.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 03:31 PM   #92
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Use the NVCP to cap framerate to 59fps. Better than running vsync anyway
Ditto!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 05:00 PM   #93
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Use the NVCP to cap framerate to 59fps. Better than running vsync anyway

Disabling vsync in the game options and setting it in NVCP has the best results for me. No random stuttering or microstutter. Framerates are still not where I want them to be, but I'm working on that.

From my testing there doesn't appear to be a difference in capping the framerate to 59 from 60. I tried both back and forth and couldn't tell a difference, either appears to work great at least for my setup. I decided to leave it capped at 60 for now.

I managed to get this game around 50fps in outdoors starting with a High preset and with a mix of very high/ultra options, and keeping ray tracing set to Ultra along with DLSS performance.

Going to tweak some more to get that to 60fps locked and maybe with DLSS balanced instead of performance. DLSS Quality seems to knock 10fps off from DLSS performance/balanced at the moment. I haven't even done an IQ comparison between DLSS performance, balanced, and quality just yet, just trying to get that performance target first and then work from there. DLSS Performance in 4k does look much better than native 1440p which I also tested, so I'm glad DLSS 2.0 is doing its job in this game for owners of slow cards like myself.

Man the **** to get this game playable on a 2080Ti.

Last edited by Exposed : Oct 29, 2020 at 05:06 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 29, 2020, 05:05 PM   #94
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This may be notable. It's a comparison of Nvidia vs AMD ray tracing (the PC to the consoles). And unless I'm mistaken, the AMD stuff looks better.

I don't get why they should look different at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 05:09 PM   #95
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post

This may be notable. It's a comparison of Nvidia vs AMD ray tracing (the PC to the consoles). And unless I'm mistaken, the AMD stuff looks better.

I don't get why they should look different at all.

That's a click bait video. No AMD hardware was tested in that video.

It's just a 2060 with RTX on vs OFF.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 05:10 PM   #96
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, I just noticed the 2060 bit. That thing is probably not that fast enough for comparing the two...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 05:52 PM   #97
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The raytracing looks broken when the car drives through the tunnel.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:19 PM   #98
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Day 1 patch.

Also installed latest driver. Will re-bench now.

Quote:
Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
Made several improvements to PC performance
Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
Improved the framerate performance when driving
Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:31 PM   #99
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Did a quick bench with everything maxed at 1440p, no RT.

Min: 14
Avg: 37
Max: 94

Post Patch and latest driver

Min: 25
Avg: 38
Max: 56
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:38 PM   #100
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s awesome. I need to get out of my bed to re bench.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:39 PM   #101
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Post Patch and latest driver

Min: 25
Avg: 38
Max: 56

Re-bench again with V-sync enabled via NVCP. With frames capped at 60fps I now get this:

Min: 15
Avg: 37
Max: 106

Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:48 PM   #102
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Man I haven’t enabled vsync in like 6-7 years
Old Oct 29, 2020, 09:01 PM   #103
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is there an option to get rid of the small circular reticle in the middle of the screen when the weapon is holstered? Like when you're walking around in WD2 without your weapon drawn that annoying reticle stays there. Yeah I know to make it go away you draw your weapon but I don't plan to see the sights while having to look my gun on the screen.

Last edited by Spencer : Oct 29, 2020 at 09:35 PM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 09:11 PM   #104
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Day 1 patch.

Ohhh, RTX GPU performance increases - wonder if this fixes the unusually low GPU usage I was seeing. Will find out when I get home!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:14 PM   #105
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Day 1 patch.

A
Quote:
ccording to the studio, the hotfix addresses “performance issues we’re seeing on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.” While Xbox and PlayStation users have already received the patch, PC users have to wait until October 30.

Day 1 patch on day 2

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/watch...notes-1442154/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:52 PM   #106
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
PC gamers shafted again!
Old Oct 30, 2020, 03:04 AM   #107
KAC
It might be gays!

I installed new drivers and there was no difference in performance. Game is fun but also extremely janky and full of bugs. Irrespective, I am having fun and the computer comedian is actually quite funny. The characters that you recruit are despicable though just like in Watch Dogs 2 which is reason I never completed that game. However, for a free game it is VERY NICE (Borat's voice).
Old Oct 30, 2020, 06:16 AM   #108
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Oct 30, 2020, 09:00 AM   #109
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ran into an issue where I got out of a vehicle and my performance tanked. 4k with DLSS, it dropped down to mid 20's. Shut DLSS off, it went down to mid teens. Turned it back on, mid 20's again. dropped to 1440p, 70's put it back to 4k, 50's. Turned DLSS off, back to teens, back on, 20's 1440p DLSS, 70's 4k DLSS, 50's again.

I don't know if it dumps from the vram or something when changing resolution or what but there's definitely something buggy going on.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2020, 09:02 AM   #110
KAC
It might be gays!

Game is really buggy.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 09:05 AM   #111
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Updating now. Will see what that does.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:35 PM   #112
KAC
It might be gays!

Game update didn’t do anything for me. Still got 69 FPS in the bench with everything maxed out.

However, in gameplay it felt slightly smoother and maybe 3-5 FPS higher whilst driving. I haven’t tweaked it at all but for me it is very playable. In most missions FPS jump to 70-85 which is great that at least during the shootbang I am not having any issues.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:57 PM   #113
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Game update didn’t really seem to do anything. All the issues I was having stayed the same.

Yesterday’s driver release on the other hand seems to have fixed them.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 02:16 PM   #114
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The shootbang and driving really feels like **** in legion.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2020, 04:10 PM   #115
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Game update didn’t do anything for me. Still got 69 FPS in the bench with everything maxed out.

However, in gameplay it felt slightly smoother and maybe 3-5 FPS higher whilst driving. I haven’t tweaked it at all but for me it is very playable. In most missions FPS jump to 70-85 which is great that at least during the shootbang I am not having any issues.
Yeah, it seems the framerates are more consistent even though I am not seeing any improvements on the benchmark either.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 05:25 PM   #116
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The game is running at 1440p upscale on XSX. Not sure if always or at specific parts, also not max settings.

Game seems kinda meh, hopefully Ass Creed doesn't dissapoint.

If the game was amazing I could look past be demanding it is.

Last edited by SirBaron : Oct 30, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2020, 06:41 PM   #117
Megaman
Packing heat!

Tried this in DX 11.

Min: 6
Avg: 42
Max: 143
Old Oct 30, 2020, 08:45 PM   #118
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Default its fun

Game is super fun. Really pretty and performs well: 40-80fps with a 8700/2080 most everything maxed at 1440p. I don't love the stupid story, the stupid missions & the cops, but I like the eye candy.

I was really surprised WDL ran this well.

Ubisoft is not Rockstar, but cheers for trying.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 09:27 PM   #119
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

So earlier today, I’m riding on a cargo drone when,

“That’s really heavy how am I going to lift that?”
“I don’t know, maybe a cargo drone”
“Where the hell am I going to get a cargo drone?”
Old Oct 30, 2020, 09:30 PM   #120
KAC
It might be gays!

Haha. Game has tons of bugs and agree that shooting and driving sucks ass. There doesn’t seem to be any feedback. However, I am still enjoying it. First game where they did London justice and I like it. Those British accents though.