Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 7, 2021, 07:15 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
any decent mods yet?
Nude mods are out.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 07:49 AM   #32
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Fo sure lol

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 08:29 AM   #33
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I don't even know what I missed in the other thread. Somebody is making SirBaron work overtime.

Seems modders are fixing the game before CD Project, or at least making it more gamer friendly:

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/6/222...e-v-appearance
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:55 AM   #34
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quick shot taken after installing a Reshade preset, "FocusReshade". I love the lighting on the building.

Old Jan 7, 2021, 01:52 PM   #35
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Regarding immortal enemies, someone suggest that it's due to Legendary Cripple Movement. Will try that out tonight as the problem came back after I bought a DIFFERENT legendary cyberdeck... but I then had enough slots to equip the cripple movement quickhack.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/inde...them.11058452/

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 01:58 PM   #36
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wonder when the next patch is due. They have been silent on any further fixes for several weeks, with no communication that I'm aware of.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 02:15 PM   #37
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well, they released patches during the holidays. I'm assuming they're taking at least a week or two off? Honestly, if they continued pushing the developers to crunch out patches, everyone would be up-in-arms about CDPR slaving their developers and "crunch". As much as people complained about CDPR going into overdrive prior to CP'77's launch, imagine if they hadn't done that and gotten the extra polish that the game obviously needed, and continues to need.

I think much of the complaining is a bit overblown, but that's just my opinion. The game has issues, yes, but on PC at least, I don't really see enough reason to warrant refunds. I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played, though I certainly haven't fallen in love with it the way I did The Witcher.

Regardless, I respect CDPR's move to do something a bit more bold instead of copy-pasting their methodology that proved successful. I think the game does a lot of things right, but I'd have rather seen another 3-4 month delay in order to get more polish. The people that clamored and complained about the delays are now the same people giving the game negative feedback because CDPR very obviously rushed the game out. If you ask me, that's not fair at all. No matter what decision they made, it was a lose-lose.

I also believe they should have axed the PS4/XB1 versions of the game when they seen how bad it was running, or at a minimum, delayed the release until they figured out what to do about it
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 03:25 PM   #38
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah, they just got back to work this week. In the meantime I'm willing to bet the massive reported bug list during the holidays is gonna take a while to fix up
Old Jan 7, 2021, 05:22 PM   #39
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
any decent mods yet?
New minimap is a big help. Especially when driving fast.
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 05:35 PM   #40
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Well, they released patches during the holidays. I'm assuming they're taking at least a week or two off? Honestly, if they continued pushing the developers to crunch out patches, everyone would be up-in-arms about CDPR slaving their developers and "crunch". As much as people complained about CDPR going into overdrive prior to CP'77's launch, imagine if they hadn't done that and gotten the extra polish that the game obviously needed, and continues to need.

I think much of the complaining is a bit overblown, but that's just my opinion. The game has issues, yes, but on PC at least, I don't really see enough reason to warrant refunds. I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played, though I certainly haven't fallen in love with it the way I did The Witcher.

Regardless, I respect CDPR's move to do something a bit more bold instead of copy-pasting their methodology that proved successful. I think the game does a lot of things right, but I'd have rather seen another 3-4 month delay in order to get more polish. The people that clamored and complained about the delays are now the same people giving the game negative feedback because CDPR very obviously rushed the game out. If you ask me, that's not fair at all. No matter what decision they made, it was a lose-lose.

I also believe they should have axed the PS4/XB1 versions of the game when they seen how bad it was running, or at a minimum, delayed the release until they figured out what to do about it
The bugs between pc and console are similar. The main difference is the n64 graphics the game launched with and crashing you could almost set your watch by.

I downloaded the game the day it released. Started it at like 4 am wanting some play before work. Eyes immediately started to hurt. It was insanely blurry and such. It looked like the game should have shipped with glasses. It was somewhat better by 1.03
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 06:38 PM   #41
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
New minimap is a big help. Especially when driving fast.
That's the only one that mildly interests me at the moment.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old Jan 7, 2021, 06:44 PM   #42
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

The mod that let's you untrack quests is also nice. I don't need the game constantly reminding me to "Meet with Takemura" when I am doing other things.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2021, 06:52 PM   #43
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
The mod that let's you untrack quests is also nice. I don't need the game constantly reminding me to "Meet with Takemura" when I am doing other things.
There are actually some quests I try to track but it won't track the quest no matter how many times I click it, making me have to figure out how to get to it without the GPS. This is likely another bug, but it's annoying.

~George Carlin
Old Jan 7, 2021, 08:17 PM   #44
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
There are actually some quests I try to track but it won't track the quest no matter how many times I click it, making me have to figure out how to get to it without the GPS. This is likely another bug, but it's annoying.
Zoom in further on the map or select it in your journal.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2021, 08:23 AM   #45
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Anybody notice how V seems to be so damn short? He can't be any taller than 5ft 5inch as he always seems to be looking up to just about everybody.

~George Carlin
Old Jan 8, 2021, 08:27 AM   #46
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Anybody notice how V seems to be so damn short? He can't be any taller than 5ft 5inch as he always seems to be looking up to just about everybody.
Are you sure you're not just sometimes stuck in crouch?

Happens to me occasionally and i have to hit the jump button to get my V to stand again. This is actually an issue i have noticed sometimes in other games too.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2021, 08:39 AM   #47
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Are you sure you're not just sometimes stuck in crouch?

Happens to me occasionally and i have to hit the jump button to get my V to stand again. This is actually an issue i have noticed sometimes in other games too.
Nope, this is normal standing V. Always seems to be slightly shorter than just about everybody (Judy seems eye level, maybe Panam).

On that crouch note, sometimes I am checking to see if I am in crouch during a conversation, but some genius at CDPR decided to make the crouch button also skip talking sequences and so I'll sometimes hit the button to see if I'm stuck in crouch, only to skip the dialog and miss what they said.

~George Carlin
Old Jan 8, 2021, 08:49 AM   #48
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Nope, this is normal standing V. Always seems to be slightly shorter than just about everybody (Judy seems eye level, maybe Panam).

On that crouch note, sometimes I am checking to see if I am in crouch during a conversation, but some genius at CDPR decided to make the crouch button also skip talking sequences and so I'll sometimes hit the button to see if I'm stuck in crouch, only to skip the dialog and miss what they said.
Yeah by default crouch is C which is also the skip conversation key. Definitely a weird design. But crouch is also bound to CTRL and that's what i use.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 09:30 AM   #49
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The races are even more of a joke than I previously thought.

I acquired this car by randomly finding it in a cave (yes, acquired - it shows up in my retrieval list):

Immediately took it to a race.

Race starts, I blast ahead to first place in about ten seconds and stay there through 30 of 32 checkpoints (or 36 of 38 or whatever). The whole time the other cars are breathing down my neck; I'm threading needles through traffic, obstacles, nothing will get them off my tail.

Because of how the directions are painted on the road (and not on the minimap) I took one of the last turns too hard and slid into an overhead pipe support and proceeded to stay there as the car's bumper fit perfectly in the right angle formed by the support beam. 5 seconds go by, I finally get out and I'm in last place. Gun it and... THEY WERE ALL WAITING FOR ME. I fly past all of them again and win.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:43 AM   #50
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
The races are even more of a joke than I previously thought.

I acquired this car by randomly finding it in a cave (yes, acquired - it shows up in my retrieval list):

Immediately took it to a race.

Race starts, I blast ahead to first place in about ten seconds and stay there through 30 of 32 checkpoints (or 36 of 38 or whatever). The whole time the other cars are breathing down my neck; I'm threading needles through traffic, obstacles, nothing will get them off my tail.

Because of how the directions are painted on the road (and not on the minimap) I took one of the last turns too hard and slid into an overhead pipe support and proceeded to stay there as the car's bumper fit perfectly in the right angle formed by the support beam. 5 seconds go by, I finally get out and I'm in last place. Gun it and... THEY WERE ALL WAITING FOR ME. I fly past all of them again and win.
Yep rubber band racing ftw. I also found that car (Caliburn) in the same cave randomly. It's the fastest vehicle in the game.

~George Carlin
Old Jan 8, 2021, 02:37 PM   #51
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Serious back to the future vibes coming from that cave entrance behind you :D

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2021, 04:53 PM   #52
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Regarding immortal enemies, someone suggest that it's due to Legendary Cripple Movement. Will try that out tonight as the problem came back after I bought a DIFFERENT legendary cyberdeck... but I then had enough slots to equip the cripple movement quickhack.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/inde...them.11058452/
Yep. That's the culprit. Don't really need it though so it's gone.

Old Jan 10, 2021, 09:22 PM   #53
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

About 80hrs in and hit the point of no return. Not ready to be done yet so decided to do side missions instead.

Ran into an issue where I was headed to the bar to meet Jackie’s mom where I got a phone call to meet someone else at the same bar and it dropped the mama whatever quest lines completely.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 01:00 AM   #54
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Nude mods are out.
I thought there was a decent amount of nudity without mods?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 02:38 AM   #55
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not if you want all pedestrians, yourself and all NPCs to be nude.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 06:43 AM   #56
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thumbs up

Well made credit section, watched/listened through it. Almost shed a tear, definetly could real life relate to this game which is probably why it made such an impression. Left me ...just weird, took out the trash 0010, cold as *$&%. Gonna take some time to recover from this

Stick with it. Game is art.

Last edited by kboye : Jan 11, 2021 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Spoilers nuked sorry
kboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:16 AM   #57
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I finished the main story over the weekend. In game playtime is 65 hours, level 31, street cred 45. Played mostly as a netrunner, high intelligence build. Not going to do a big review write up detailing everything, but will just give a few of my final thoughts.

I had felt earlier on in my playthrough that the characters were kind of weak and uninteresting, but by the end I definitely felt better about at least some of them in that I started to feel the connections to them CDPR was trying to go for. All the big supporting characters like Judy, Panam, River, etc and even Johnny are all for the most part well voice acted with decent complexity to their back stories. V on the other hand, I felt was not a very interesting protagonist at all. But I think that's simply due to being a customizable player character, and intentionally generic. Personally along with the story and general feel of gameplay, it was a big part of what soured me on this game. I think it would have been far better if they went with an established character like they did with Geralt in The Witcher. Also, not being able to see V in pretty much all cutscenes and character interactions was kind of a step backwards IMO. I think the game would have benefited immensely to see the player character more.

As for the main story, I did not find it very interesting at all to be honest. It seemed all too focused squarely on V's mercenary career, and what was happening to him/her, where as I think I rather would have liked the story be something bigger and more detrimental to the world of Night City. I was much more interested in the relationships you build with the supporting characters, than following along with the story, but that made the huge game world feel so pointless and little reason for the scale of it. Story-wise I do understand that there's several different outcomes depending on the final paths you ultimately choose, but I am already aware of them all and don't see any of them as much better. Since I've finished the main story I've been doing side quests and just exploring the city section by section and I have found I'm enjoying the game more now without the burden of the main story.

Since I feel I've got a good enough idea of all the game has to offer in its current state I'm planning to finish up a few more side quests then will shelf the game until CDPR finishes releasing all their updates later in the year and will probably replay then as female V. Overall I feel its a good open world RPG in the vein of the latest Deus Ex games, but needs a lot of work to add more features, fix bugs, and optimize performance. I just feel there are so many questionable design decisions in Cyberpunk, like it was really rushed and/or lacking a true focused vision. Night City as the backdrop environment to the game is a marvel of an open gaming world visually, but a lot of it is wholly superficial and the novelty wears off quite fast. Also I felt there was not enough variation to approaching and completing quests, and of course as stated many times the AI of NPCs and enemies in this game is terrible and just kills it completely. I still have tons of question marks littering the map though and my hope is there are some true side quest hidden gems to discover like in Witcher 3, as watching the stories unfold in certain quests was my favorite part of the game. But I will wait until they release more updates and start a 2nd playthrough before I dedicate to fully completing everything.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Jan 11, 2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:41 AM   #58
KAC
It might be gays!

I hit level 31/32 and street cred 50 at the 35 hour mark before I went into the 2-3 hour end game. Yes I will do more side stuff when the game is ready to be replayed. Since I finished the game I had actually no intention to continue and I uninstalled it. I am sure there is lots to discover but the repetitive nature of question marks (thieving, escort, killing) really put me off.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:44 AM   #59
koralis
Radeon 5850

Can someone answer a question about crafting?

Item level/DPS is based on character level at the time you create it? Ie. Making a given gun at level 20 is a lesser gun than one created at level 31? And once created the stats are static unless you Upgrade? (and Upgrade is equivalent to recreating the gun? Can go to whatever your current level is?)

Or, is it not based on character level at all, but Crafting level? In which case if you're not a good crafter you might be better off using a found weapon than crafting one yourself?

Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:49 AM   #60
KAC
It might be gays!

I don’t know the details but I found crafting utterly useless in the game including upgrading weapons. However, my limited experience was that for gold items they are static (as in base damage) with exception of how many mod slots you get when you pick them up. Also it is a good idea to quick save when you pick up gold items as multiple pickups can lead to max mod slots. Rest of the improvement in gold items will come once you upgrade them.

I really did not indulge in crafting except for ammo.