Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:09 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
They need to be more transparent, gives us an update on their progress, something! Going full silent doesn't look good at all when there is so much to do.
When they release a patch with a changelist four pages long, the fire of mass anger will be instantly squelched. Squelched isn't the word I'm looking for, but quenched isn't either. On to the next thread...
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 04:04 PM   #92
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

"Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more...." (link to full post)

(source)
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 04:05 PM   #93
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

87 hrs in, finishing up the 2nd tier of quests before continuing past the point of no return and still loving it. I like how finishing up some introduce you to people that start new long quest lines.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 13, 2021, 04:42 PM   #94
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The update was pretty light on actual detail. The excuse for the last-gen consoles don't fly with me. They had years to get it right.

Patch within 10 days and a bigger one in about 25 days from now.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 05:03 PM   #95
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
87 hrs in, finishing up the 2nd tier of quests before continuing past the point of no return and still loving it. I like how finishing up some introduce you to people that start new long quest lines.
The game has bugs but I'm on my second play and really enjoying it.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 05:28 PM   #96
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Jan 13, 2021, 06:18 PM   #97
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Patch in 10 days exactly? So another Sunday patch release. If 2 days earlier, I was spot on.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...postcount=3117
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 06:31 PM   #98
acroig
Troll Mod

Mega, you're always spot on!

yoz
Old Jan 13, 2021, 07:00 PM   #99
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I know. I got to the point of no return and went back to clean up a few side quests before moving forward. But, what I thought was a few small side quests have expanded greatly into full story lines I didn't think would exist. I am currently further from "finishing a few side quests" than I was when I first decided to finish them. No idea how long it is going to take me to finish this game. I keep getting phone calls from people that sound like even more branching story lines could be appearing. My experience with the game so far has been the more you spend time questing, the more the game throws at you. As a semi-completionist, I like doing all quests. I have no idea if this is even possible with this game. I still have more question marks on my map than 20 game playing hours ago.

Looking forward to getting the band back together. No idea I was going to be doing this involved quest when I jumped into a simple side quest
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 08:56 PM   #100
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I know. I got to the point of no return and went back to clean up a few side quests before moving forward. But, what I thought was a few small side quests have expanded greatly into full story lines I didn't think would exist. I am currently further from "finishing a few side quests" than I was when I first decided to finish them. No idea how long it is going to take me to finish this game. I keep getting phone calls from people that sound like even more branching story lines could be appearing. My experience with the game so far has been the more you spend time questing, the more the game throws at you. As a semi-completionist, I like doing all quests. I have no idea if this is even possible with this game. I still have more question marks on my map than 20 game playing hours ago.

Looking forward to getting the band back together. No idea I was going to be doing this involved quest when I jumped into a simple side quest
Game of the decade.

Yes, things are wrong, broken and not working. A game of this scope is going to have issues.
The total package is amazing.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 02:23 AM   #101
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh I'm gonna wait until around Easter
same.. haven't touched it yet. Will wait few more months.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:39 AM   #102
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Mega, you're always spot on!
Word!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:04 AM   #103
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:19 AM   #104
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Comments are hilarious lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:23 AM   #105
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah everyone always thinks they have the answer.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 01:17 PM   #106
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Looking forward to the patch.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jan 15, 2021 at 01:43 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:23 PM   #107
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Finally got Johnnys badass magnum pistol late in the game on a side mission...and it sucks. The damage is low (so low regular guns I have do 3x the damage) and upgrading it does nothing. There are no mod+ modifiers so it makes me feel like what is the point of getting the pistol so damn late in the game? CDPR troll?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:34 PM   #108
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Finally got Johnnys badass magnum pistol late in the game on a side mission...and it sucks. The damage is low (so low regular guns I have do 3x the damage) and upgrading it does nothing. There are no mod+ modifiers so it makes me feel like what is the point of getting the pistol so damn late in the game? CDPR troll?
Lizzy's was much better IMO. Johnny's does have a nice headshot multiplier though.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 07:53 PM   #109
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Lizzy's was much better IMO. Johnny's does have a nice headshot multiplier though.
It might have been a decent legendary about midway in the game or a very strong one early on. But by the time you get it, pretty much any pistol you can find off a random baddie is better than his gun. It's a shame because the gun looks really cool and has a neat melee attack, but it's stats are terrible.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old Jan 15, 2021, 09:44 AM   #110
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Jackies bike doesn't like you...lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...kie_your_bike/

~George Carlin
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:07 AM   #111
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Jackies bike doesn't like you...lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...kie_your_bike/
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:29 AM   #112
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The game has bugs but I'm on my second play and really enjoying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah everyone always thinks they have the answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
the projekt is in full damage control mode. Looking forward to the patch.
Just watched the update myself. I think they are doing what they can and being honest. I feel bad for the whole team. Our culture and attitude as a whole these days is NOT forgiving or able to deal with this kind of stuff.

People want everything and they want it RIGHT NOW. If something isn't quite right, we instantly throw them to the wolves and light up all of the news and social media outlets with hateful comments, ignoring their entire previous history. It's just pathetic/awful. The company has done a lot of good, and it looks like they are committed to the game and the players in making it right.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:31 AM   #113
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Just watched the update myself. I think they are doing what they can and being honest. I feel bad for the whole team. Our culture and attitude as a whole these days is NOT forgiving or able to deal with this kind of stuff.

People want everything and they want it RIGHT NOW. If something isn't quite right, we instantly throw them to the wolves and light up all of the news and social media outlets with hateful comments, ignoring their entire previous history. It's just pathetic/awful. The company has done a lot of good, and it looks like they are committed to the game and the players in making it right.
Agreed, still playing and enjoying.

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:47 AM   #114
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

What are you talking about? The witcher doesn't forgive lying about cyberpunk right up until about a week before release. The whole right now part isn't even in the same universe as the situation either. No one is complaining about wanting something right now. They want what's been advertised for years previously.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:50 AM   #115
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
What are you talking about? The witcher doesn't forgive lying about cyberpunk right up until about a week before release. The whole right now part isn't even in the same universe as the situation either. No one is complaining about wanting something right now. They want what's been advertised for years previously.
Yeah?

And when Cyberpunk would have said they need to delay the game again? What then?

They are linked.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:56 AM   #116
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It might have been a decent legendary about midway in the game or a very strong one early on. But by the time you get it, pretty much any pistol you can find off a random baddie is better than his gun. It's a shame because the gun looks really cool and has a neat melee attack, but it's stats are terrible.
For a lot of those guns, you get a crafting spec with them. If you had a high enough tech/perks to higher tiers and remake them better. Not sure about that one in particular, but I can build a Legendary Overwatch sniper.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:56 AM   #117
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Yeah?

And when Cyberpunk would have said they need to delay the game again? What then?

They are linked.
Whatifs are irrelevant. We aren't discussing things that didn't happen to mental gymnastics our way through justifying what did.

The delay was also based another lie anyway.

Tell us it's a turd and need to delay. Not it's finished and runs well. Delay is for patch.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:10 PM   #118
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I think most people would have been fine with another delay. Of course you would hear from the complainers because they always have the loudest voice, but in the end it would have been better for everyone. Unfortunately CDPR felt they could not delay it any further and pushed out an unfinished product.

Personally, the way I felt about it was I at least was expecting quality on par with Witcher 3's release. But given how it turned out I guess that was expecting too much. I expected quality not just in game engine stability, but also in design and gameplay innovation - all of which are severely lacking. I mean, the majority of the gameplay is old hat that's been done before many times, and done better. Its been a long time since Witcher 3, and their dev team has undoubtedly changed some and Cyberpunk was far more of a new and ambitious project for them so I think its more realistic to have expected it to have a rockier launch. Also throw in trying to release it on cross generation platforms just exacerbated the issue. I think they bit off more than they could chew and it was reflected in the bugs, and lack luster gameplay.

I think a lot of complaining you hear stems from expectations not being met. CDPR had a lofty reputation and I think with such an ambitious project they were really risking major disappointment from a lot of people if they didn't hit a home run at launch. Simple as that. They were on a pedestal for much of the gaming community, and with such a super hyped game disappointment was almost inevitable.

One good thing though, is CDPR has a track record of supporting their games far past release so I have confidence they will continue to work to improve it.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 02:58 PM   #119
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

So what's the consensus on DLSS? Quality or performance or none?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 03:00 PM   #120
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quality
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote