Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:51 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default Metro Exodus - Enhanced Edition

Quote:
For PC players, we’re taking advantage of our new Fully Ray Traced Lighting Pipeline and the latest GPU-capable hardware from NVIDIA and AMD to offer the ultimate Ray Traced experience – the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition.

This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and we will need to deliver this version as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players.

The PC Enhanced Edition will offer additional Ray Tracing features, including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions.

Applying the same philosophy as our Xbox and PlayStation upgrades, this PC Enhanced Edition will be FREE to all existing Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam, and GoG. You can expect the PC Enhanced Edition to release later this spring.

For a full breakdown of the new Ray Tracing features across Gen 9 consoles and PC, see the chart below.
https://www.4a-games.com.mt/4a-dna/2...ies-xs-upgrade

Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:54 AM   #2
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Glad I didn't get that far, going to wait for is
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:56 AM   #3
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Replay time!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:58 AM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Man, that screenshot looks really good.

I still haven't played this, put it on the backburner for a 3080 some day. Going to be epic when I finally do.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:51 AM   #5
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I held off getting Metro Exodus until I got my 3080 back in October and played it then. It is an awesome game but I had some frequent crashing issues in one level.

This free enhanced edition with DLSS 2.0 sounds really cool, but my biggest question is since this is a completely separate download and not just a patch I'm wondering if this version will alleviate the crashing issues. I will definitely try it out when it releases.

I've still yet to play the DLC expansions so will look forward to playing them in this new enhanced edition if they will support it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 02:27 PM   #6
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Runs at 20 FPS.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 03:50 PM   #7
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Going to get my 3090 to flex it RT muscles on this when released. Not played the game yet.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / 1TB SSD 860 evo / 2TB SSD 870 QVO / 2X 1TB SSD 870 QVO, 2TB hybrid drive storage drive,
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1 & Quest 2, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 03:52 PM   #8
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Going to get my 3090 to flex it RT muscles on this when released. Not played the game yet.
You're gonna love this.

yoz
Old Feb 15, 2021, 04:07 PM   #9
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Replay time!!

Absolutely.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 05:38 PM   #10
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I would consider this. However, I don't think the performance hit would be worth it for graphics like that. Think the software tricks way that UE 5 does rendering still looks better than that screenshot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 06:20 PM   #11
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
I would consider this. However, I don't think the performance hit would be worth it for graphics like that. Think the software tricks way that UE 5 does rendering still looks better than that screenshot.
DLSS FTW.

yoz
Old Feb 15, 2021, 07:07 PM   #12
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Sure. But as a free upgrade, it's pretty sweet

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2021, 07:08 PM   #13
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This game was literally next on my play list. Now I'll wait a few months.
Will it run like a slideshow on 3090 as well is the question.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:33 AM   #14
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Glad I held off playing
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2021, 11:08 AM   #15
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

DLSS 2.0 implementation should help performance.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 11:15 AM   #16
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
DLSS 2.0 implementation should help performance.
And higher quality visuals too (compared to DLSS 1.0).

yoz
Old Feb 16, 2021, 12:28 PM   #17
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Have had this game since release and hardly touched it, guess I wait for the enhanced edition to play it now.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2021, 01:15 PM   #18
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Have had this game since release and hardly touched it, guess I wait for the enhanced edition to play it now.
Oh yeah, you wanna get on this when it releases.

yoz
Old Feb 16, 2021, 01:33 PM   #19
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
This was the first game I played when I got my 3080, and was excellent.

At first I wasn't sold on the move to a more open world setting compared to the previous Metro games but it quickly grew on me. Closest thing to a modern day Stalker that we've gotten and the story was really well done.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 01:46 PM   #20
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbpZCSf4_Yk

The enhanced edition makes the RTX ON implementation in the 2019 title look like RTX OFF.
Hail 4A Games!

Last edited by Mangler : Apr 28, 2021 at 01:53 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 02:07 PM   #21
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The enhanced edition makes the RTX ON implementation in the 2019 title look like RTX OFF.
Hail 4A Games!
This is a fantastic enhancement to an awesome game, can't wait to replay!

yoz
Old Apr 28, 2021, 04:10 PM   #22
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

May 6th? Time to replay from the first game!
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 04:17 PM   #23
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
May 6th? Time to replay from the first game!
I missed the 5/6 release date, where was that at?

yoz
Old Apr 28, 2021, 04:23 PM   #24
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Start around the 45 second mark of the video where they mention it is a free standalone update coming out on May 6th. Mentioned here as well:
https://www.thegamer.com/metro-exodu...pc-next-month/

Also, did you see those DLSS 2.1 shots? Very impressed how DLSS improved from since it first came out.

Lastly, AMD 6800 owners may not want to see those performance figures towards the end of the video.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 06:03 PM   #25
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm looking forward to playing this game for the first time. I bought the game a while ago but was waiting for this update.

I am now playing my first RTX/DLSS game which is Control Ultimate.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 06:59 PM   #26
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Start around the 45 second mark of the video where they mention it is a free standalone update coming out on May 6th. Mentioned here as well:

Also, did you see those DLSS 2.1 shots? Very impressed how DLSS improved from since it first came out.

Lastly, AMD 6800 owners may not want to see those performance figures towards the end of the video.
Thanks bud!

yoz
Old Apr 28, 2021, 07:11 PM   #27
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:

looks awesome.

Quote:
Why? The Frame rates are completely playable and with freesync on would be buttery smooth.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 08:28 PM   #28
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The before and after at 16:11 is pretty amazing. The differences are huge.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 03:40 AM   #29
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking forward to watching others play. Pffft 5600XT crap.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 05:27 AM   #30
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've yet to finish this game, but I'll give it a 4th attempt after the update I guess.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote