Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 6, 2021, 04:48 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I don't know about the GOG version, but on Steam I had to restart my Steam client and then Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition showed up underneath the normal Metro Exodus as a separate entry in my game library.
Cheers that worked for me too. Downloading now.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 04:57 PM   #92
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i know
so European colony
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
No more than you bill.
Sorry Bill you were both British Colonies Why do you both speak a version of English?

Anyway I just restarted Steam and the PC edition appeared and it's now downloading yeah. Let's see what it does.TBH it's not my favourite game but I'll see where it goes.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 06:58 PM   #93
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Huge image ghosting issues, that I'm hearing are widespread whether using DLSS, HDR, or neither.

Also had to sit through that bloody intro again, and it takes seven hours to apply new video settings (prolly shader related, my NVMe m.2 drive is being very useful again.)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 6, 2021, 07:00 PM   #94
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I'm still dling have been since release... ugh 1 1/2 hrs left

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 07:05 PM   #95
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I'm still dling have been since release... ugh 1 1/2 hrs left
Back to 56K?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 07:07 PM   #96
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Back to 56K?
I only get 2MB/s man

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 07:09 PM   #97
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Downpumping the new one on both PCs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 09:05 PM   #98
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So played the first level and it does look good but I honestly couldn’t tell much of a difference. Lighting seems to be brighter than the original that I remember. Either way dope game is dope. Pushing 120 fps at 1440P maxed out with DLSS. Can’t complain.
Old May 6, 2021, 09:28 PM   #99
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wow! There are parts of this game that are absolutely beautiful with the new lighting. I just spent the better part of an hour just exploring the church. Turning candles and flames on and off. It's stunning.

At one point I walked into a little room that had a fire in it. When I extinguished the fire the lights went out but part of the room was still glowing from the fire. At first I thought it was a bug. Then I realized it was because light from a fire in the room above me was leaking through the cracks in the floor. It was behaving exactly as you would expect.

This is easily the best showcase for ray tracing I've seen so far.
Old May 7, 2021, 07:32 AM   #100
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Purchased and added to the large backlog of unplayed games.
Old May 8, 2021, 03:38 PM   #101
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So played the first level and it does look good but I honestly couldn’t tell much of a difference. Lighting seems to be brighter than the original that I remember. Either way dope game is dope. Pushing 120 fps at 1440P maxed out with DLSS. Can’t complain.
DLSS is still crap in this game. Turning DLSS on in the enhanced edition leads to trails behind moving objects. Too bad too because otherwise it looks and runs amazingly. I did think it looked far better with it on than off other than the trails but then I realized that off defaults to a .8 shading rate. Still looks and runs better than the original release even w/o DLSS.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 07:46 PM   #102
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Today's hotfix pledges to have fixed the trails associated with DLSS and HDR.
Old May 14, 2021, 07:49 AM   #103
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
Good news.
Old May 14, 2021, 08:27 AM   #104
KAC
It might be gays!

You guys done with this game. I am wondering if I want to replay it or not. I never replayed the original redux versions.
Old May 16, 2021, 01:45 PM   #105
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You guys done with this game. I am wondering if I want to replay it or not. I never replayed the original redux versions.
I don’t think I’ll be replaying the main game but I had barely touched the expansions so this is a welcome update for those. W/o side to side though, it really doesn’t feel like it’s any better. Probably because it’s no longer the major RTX showcase it was when I played the MS.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 07:51 AM   #106
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
W/o side to side though, it really doesn’t feel like it’s any better. Probably because it’s no longer the major RTX showcase it was when I played the MS.
IDK, not many games do RTX better IMHO.

yoz
Old May 17, 2021, 10:20 AM   #107
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
IDK, not many games do RTX better IMHO.
This is my first "Metro" game. Looks good but I got struck on the train for ~30min trying to get some from my wife. Eventually figured out I needed to interact with the map not the boob
Old May 17, 2021, 10:44 AM   #108
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
This is my first "Metro" game. Looks good but I got struck on the train for ~30min trying to get some from my wife. Eventually figured out I needed to interact with the map not the boob
, classic!

yoz
Old May 19, 2021, 06:57 PM   #109
acroig
Troll Mod

Finished it again, what a great ride. Lighting with RT is amazing.

yoz
Old May 19, 2021, 07:44 PM   #110
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
and a quick check of reddit suggest while better it is still there. Not sure this can be entirely fixed, as just about every implementation of TAA has this artifact and that's the information DLSS is working with.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 05:24 AM   #111
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Patch

Quote:
Fixed issue with DLC Entitlements unlocking incorrectly
Fixed issue where Vsync would lock to 60fps even when higher refresh rate is possible
Fixed crash in Two Colonels specific to RTX2060
Added PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller support
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 06:40 AM   #112
acroig
Troll Mod

Thanks Mega.

yoz
Old May 22, 2021, 09:09 AM   #113
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Good things come to those who wait.

Metro, Amid Evil, Control.

Now do Enhanced Witcher 3, please.
Old May 22, 2021, 09:15 AM   #114
acroig
Troll Mod

yoz
Old May 22, 2021, 03:51 PM   #115
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

about to get this on Epic for 6 Euros. Is there any difference with the Steam version that I must be aware of?
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 04:26 PM   #116
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The only real difference is probably the lack of out of the game achievement tracking.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 04:36 PM   #117
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ok, thanks. Don't care much about that.
Old May 23, 2021, 03:12 AM   #118
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I had no interest in the Metro games at all but I do have the first one only because I got it for free on Epic games and only because it punished my system when I "evaluated" the original it when it came out. I never got far as its pace, FOV and the gamepad issue annoyed me.

When Exodus came out, I tried it a bit on gamepass just to test my new RTX graphics card and it brought it to its knees and like the first game, I was butt-hurt. Then I saw Metro Exodus for thirteen quid at Epic and when I decided to buy it (I had upgraded my system) Epic applied a tenner voucher. Result.

I got the game purely for them lovely raytracing effects and it runs really well on my system but I never realised how much I would get into the game.

It is quite atmospheric and absorbing.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 05:59 AM   #119
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

this is the part where I feel pretty damn stupid.
I've dloaded Enhanced Edition thinking it would run on my GTX1080 save for ray tracing and DLSS, but it turns out the game won't even start and greets me with an out of specs error message.
Thought EE was for everyone with effects enabled only for RTX GPU's, I must have missed something here
Old May 23, 2021, 06:11 AM   #120
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
this is the part where I feel pretty damn stupid.
I've dloaded Enhanced Edition thinking it would run on my GTX1080 save for ray tracing and DLSS, but it turns out the game won't even start and greets me with an out of specs error message.
Thought EE was for everyone with effects enabled only for RTX GPU's, I must have missed something here
Nah, its raytracing ONLY.