Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 22, 2003, 08:45 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Raymond Lin
Radeon R300

Raymond Lin is still being judged by the masses

Default Got a PDA? Post here!

I just got my Sony Clie PEG T675 (just like the T665), and starting the put software on it. AvantGo, WordSmith & Lemmings so far. Is there any other decent programs out there people uses and recommend?

And what can you do with this thing apart from the diary and alarm function (which most people only use it for.)

And what do you do with it?

AMD Athlon 2200+ xp, ASUS A7V-333, 128MB ATI 9700 Pro, Maxtor D740X 80GB HD 7200RPM, 1536MB PC2700 RAM, Sound Blaster Audigy, 3Com NIC, Xp Home SP1, Samsung 616 16X DVD, CyberDrive 48X CD-RW, 420W PSU

My Photographs on www.Photo.net, Click HERE / Email / MSN

Last edited by Raymond Lin : Mar 23, 2003 at 10:25 AM.
Raymond Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2003, 08:51 PM   #2
_maximilian_
:sexy:

_maximilian_ is still being judged by the masses

Next week the Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX 600 will be mine

With GPS and The compact keyboard.

check out the 3d flash thing here: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/pocketloox/
_maximilian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2003, 08:53 PM   #3
Seek & Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Seek & Destroy is still being judged by the masses

what exactly do u do with those? Ive never even touched one.

I'm guessing they aren't actually needed

Seek & Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 22, 2003, 09:01 PM   #4
Raymond Lin
Radeon R300

Raymond Lin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Seek & Destroy
what exactly do u do with those? Ive never even touched one.

I'm guessing they aren't actually needed
I thought so too, until I got mine, had it for 24 hours and I started to use these features.

AvantGo - It grabs the latest news/weather/sports/entertainments off the net and you can view it offline like a webpage. So you sync it before you go to work, and read it on the train ride there or lunch time, act like a newspaper.

Games - I've only Got simple ones like Lemmings, Pool and 10 pin Bowling (All 16bit colours - lemmings is 256), Pocket PC even can play games like Age of Empire!

Daily reminder/diary, things to do.

Word/Excel programs.

MP3 player

some even have 2 Mega Pixels Camera built in!

Surf the net anywhere.

AMD Athlon 2200+ xp, ASUS A7V-333, 128MB ATI 9700 Pro, Maxtor D740X 80GB HD 7200RPM, 1536MB PC2700 RAM, Sound Blaster Audigy, 3Com NIC, Xp Home SP1, Samsung 616 16X DVD, CyberDrive 48X CD-RW, 420W PSU

My Photographs on www.Photo.net, Click HERE / Email / MSN
Raymond Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 02:13 AM   #5
mavis
piggott.

mavis is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Got a PDA? Post here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Lin
I just got my Sony Clie PEG T675 (just like the T665), and starting the put software on it. AvantGo, WordSmith & Lemmings so far. Is there any other decent programs out there people uses and recommend?

And what can you do with this thing apart from the diary and alarm function (which most people only use it for.)

And what do you do with it?
I love my T665!

I use it for school. to show pictures of my home/family/friends in America to the kids here, so I bought AcidImage, it's much better than Sony's bundled image viewer.

I also use the schedule function A LOT, as in, every friggin day - that's actually the main reason I bought it. When I have a school to visit that I don't know how to get to, I copy/paste from the schedule to a program called Metro, which basically has subway/train info for a number of major cities around the world, of course the only one I installed was Tokyo/Yokohama. For some cities, the file also included bus info, but I guess it's kinda hard to do for Tokyo since each of the 100+ cities in Tokyo has numerous bus lines of their own, there must be literally thousands of bus line here! lol

So there. A couple of suggestions.
Old Mar 23, 2003, 02:40 AM   #6
Shrink
Radeon Southern Islands

Shrink is still being judged by the masses

I have an HP Jornada 568 - prior to that I owned a Jornada 548, then a Palm IIIc, then a Palm IIIxe, IIIe, and Palm 5000.

I use my Jornada for gaming, watching episodes of the Simpsons <g>, internet browsing with a wireless CF card, in addition to using it for professional purposes (scheduling, note taking, report writing, etc.).

I love my Pocket PC. It's too bad that when HP and Compaq merged, HP decided to adopt the iPaq and nix the Jornada series, in spite of the fact that the Jornada was much better designed.

I'd strongly suggest anyone getting a PDA to look into a Dell Axim. Excellent PDA!

System Specs: P4 3.2C @ 3.6 ghz; Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo; BBA X850XT; 2 GB Kingston DDR; SB X-Fi Gamer; 2 WD 250GB HD; Plextor 712a; Sapphire Theatrix ATI Theater 550 PCI card; BenQ FP2091 LCD; and WinXP MCE2005
Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 08:26 AM   #7
carz2
oh gollywog

carz2 is still being judged by the masses

I've got a palm 505 and 515, I use them at work for all my exel sheets for equipment maintanance and for service reminders for all the equipment, also the phone book function is great.

Edit: I use documents to go by datavis for all the exel, word and powerpoint files
<carz2> ever notice what happens when you change just one letter of cult..mmm...coincidence? i think not
rage3dhub.no-ip.org:666

Last edited by carz2 : Mar 23, 2003 at 08:31 AM.
carz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 09:39 AM   #8
ComFox
Radeon R420

ComFox is still being judged by the masses

I've got the Toshiba e740 and it rocks...built in 802.11b. Well it is good as long as it is working...but bah it doesn't work all the time

What makes the work spin around and around and around?
ComFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 09:54 AM   #9
Crazy Legs
I pity the fool

Crazy Legs is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up Highly Dependant

Over the last year I've become very dependent upon my Sony Clie (S320). I bought it after Christmas last year with some gift certificates because it was a highly rated low-end PDA.

I installed the Quickword/Quicksheet/Quickchart software to copy and work on Micro$oft Word/Excel files. I keep track of my batch history and notebook numbers at work with Quickchart.

I keep all my appointments and contact information in the datebook and address book.

I installed the MBTA scheduler program which allows me to check the commuter rail and bus schedules here in the city.

I'm constantly using the to-do list to keep track of my work load the planner to keep all the work organized.

I'd highly recommend a PDA to anyone who could use the organizational features.
Crazy Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 10:09 AM   #10
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

I would get a really nice one if I had the money for that... but I havent got the money...
Old Mar 23, 2003, 11:56 AM   #11
Andrew275
Jeff Lange

Andrew275 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ComFox
I've got the Toshiba e740 and it rocks...built in 802.11b. Well it is good as long as it is working...but bah it doesn't work all the time
I've got an e740, and I agree; the wireless is nice when it's actually working.
Andrew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 12:47 PM   #12
Naito
Radeon R420

Naito is still being judged by the masses

Have a T615C
up until I lost my 128MB memory stick, I had:

Planetarium (Astronomy software)

AcidImage (image viewer, much better than built in PicturePocket)

LOTS of games (AceBT, Bejeweled, BigTwo, Billiards, Blocks, DopeWars, Go, HardBall, Insaniquarium, IR Pong, Lemmings, MahJong, Monopoly, Chess, SubHunt)

WordSmith (probably the best word processor for palm out there)

IRMonitor (closest you'll prolly get to turning the palm into a TriCorder )

bunch of Hacks (Afterburner, EasyLaunch, Font Hack 123, Jog Daily)

TextPlus (automatic word completion)

Jot (Graffiti replacement)

Eudora (much better than stock email program)

iSilo (convert documents of various types to iSilo format, best for making offline web pages)

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Kinoma Player (media player)

suggest you check out these sites:
www.cliesource.com
www.clieplanet.com
Old Mar 23, 2003, 01:23 PM   #13
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

McTurok is still being judged by the masses

Here is mine:
Dell Axim 300MHz. This thing rocks! Of course I can't compare
it to anything else since this is the first one I've ever owned.

McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote