Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 3, 2021, 07:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Headphones Earworms

No, not the lil monsters from The Puppet Masters-- Why You Can't Get a Song out of Your Head . . .
These relentless tunes play in a loop in up to 98% of people in the western world. For two-thirds of people they are neutral to positive, but the remaining third find it disturbing or annoying when these songs wriggle their way into the brain’s memory centers and set up home, threatening to disrupt their inner peace.
Normally, mine are positive, but, afaik, by coincidence I've landed on "Huey Newton (live at Austin City Limits)" by St. Vincent and "Just From Chevron," by Dirty Projectors, two beautiful but haunting and slightly depressing songs.

1st-world probs, much?
Old May 4, 2021, 04:37 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The pain is real

With 5 grandkids and all those kids shows always on, the stupidest things get stuck with me. It's maddening I tell ya
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2021, 04:43 AM   #3
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

another classic is "misheard lyrics". We've all been there, right?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 4, 2021, 12:42 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2021, 03:48 PM   #5
greyghost
people are stupid

greyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete stranger

When I saw The Wrath of Khan as a kid, I was scared to death those little earwigs were like miniature versions of the critters Khan put the larvae of into crewmember's ears.

That's what the thread title made me think of.

I'm glad it isn't that.

I get wedding songs stuck in my head. I swear most every wedding has the same playlist. With all the music out there, can't we be original? No? *sigh*
Old May 4, 2021, 04:05 PM   #6
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
I get wedding songs stuck in my head. I swear most every wedding has the same playlist. With all the music out there, can't we be original? No? *sigh*
The last one I went to, ~ three years ago, was 80's dance music. There is some great 80's music, but a lot of the dance music was cheesy af.

I forgot about Kahn's little critters. That's what I meant. Puppet Masters was slugs on the back. Oooh la la, Julie Warner . . . sigh.
Old May 4, 2021, 04:06 PM   #7
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

For me it's usually the soundtrack for Yoshi's Island. Most of the time when I've got a tune in my head, and I think "What is that song from?, it's Yoshi's Island.

Also sometimes Donkey Kong Country.

Oh, and of course I get these stuck in my head all the time:

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2021, 08:50 PM   #8
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This song, from a ride that closed in 1986, is STILL stuck in my head, and I'll randomly start whistling bits of it.

The theme song to this show will haunt me until the day I die. I'm sure of it.

A pop song from 1983 that occasionally gets stuck in my head.

Wham and Slayer mashed up makes for a helluva an earworm.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #9
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If you had an Atari ST, this probably haunted your dreams.

And this will haunt the rest of your day.

Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote