Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 31, 2021, 07:29 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I could have guessed. This game has like a single thing in common with diablo, and even then its different, and thats the isometic view.
To me it has more similarities than that, but hey I forgot this is the supernerd forum. OK, OK, you win. It's NOTHING like Diablo.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:01 PM   #92
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

But really it has nothing to do with Diablo. It’s an isometric shooter with minor RPG elements.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:36 PM   #93
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
To me it has more similarities than that, but hey I forgot this is the supernerd forum. OK, OK, you win. It's NOTHING like Diablo.
Its nothing about being super nerdy, or winning anything, it seriously isnt much like diablo at all. I'm genuinely interested in what similarities you think it has.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:39 PM   #94
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yep every aspect ratio seems to be losing real-estate compared to 5:4, because as you said it's vert-. In 5:4 and 16:10 I can see a lot more vertical real estate than 16:9.

5:4>16:10>16:9>21:9 in terms of vertical real-estate. Might just play this in 16:10 2560x1600 native with RT.
This worked like a charm! Just run Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker after you run the game, inject the DLL and you can Tilde (~) up the in-game menu. Then just type the FOV you want. 80 seemed pretty good for me. This made a huge difference!

Only bug I found was when I went into any of my character menus, when I went back the game was pillarboxing. I had to go into the settings menu and back out to fix it (see video):

https://streamable.com/c9n47m
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:08 AM   #95
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Awesome, I'll get rid of this .exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Its nothing about being super nerdy, or winning anything, it seriously isnt much like diablo at all. I'm genuinely interested in what similarities you think it has.
Honestly I just played Diablo 3 with the crossbow and gameplay felt the same with controller, diving around and shooting. Isometric, augmentations instead of magic spells, skills, gear, loot, quests, whatever.

I didn't mean it as a literal 1:1 comparison, just in a nutshell it's like Cyberpunk Diablo to me. Don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:43 AM   #96
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well the game is pretty entertaining. The shooting is fun with the right combinations of augs/weapons. The story is better than I expected and quite long for a game of this type. So far I'm 13hrs into it and still having fun. Graphics have already been covered, but the game has a heap of different looking areas and pretty huge spaces to explore. There is a lot of detail that it's almost a shame you blast through so quickly. It also has quite a few backdrop scenes that look like they'd be fun to shoot through but they're just backgrounds... Insane work by the level devs / artists.

Couple of bugs here and there. AI forget to attack sometimes, my ammo counter breaks quite often, got stuck on a ledge when doing a leap attack, tutorials keep coming up for some things. I think weapon skins are broken for me completely now. Quit doesn't work most of the time.

The game has a few minor difficulty spikes, most of them associated with defend this area type situations and it pours a lot of enemies at you. Pleasingly I shuffled my weapons/augs/tacticals around and found a few combos that allowed me to survive. Not a hard game.

Biggest intrinsic issue is probably the camera. It's not that bad and honestly probably a lot better than it should be given the multi-tier environments, foreground stuff etc. But still there are times when it gets in the way. Mostly it is when the camera focuses on different views and it compromises action a bit. Not a major issue and certainly not a reason to not play it since 95% of the time it is fine.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 08:15 AM   #97
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

There's no pillarbox issues with the fov exe from pcgamingwiki, however it will probably need to be remade with every patch.
Top is what the game defaults to on a 21:9 monitor, and below is with the fov set to about 80-ish.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 08:16 AM   #98
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it, 7/10, got a bit boring at the end.

Some sidequests are also bugged so I am locked out of those delicious xbox live achievement points.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:06 AM   #99
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Finished it, 7/10, got a bit boring at the end.

Some sidequests are also bugged so I am locked out of those delicious xbox live achievement points.
Finished already. Wow. That was fast. Yes there are some quest bugs and not sure what to do with them. I also hate that you are cruising and suddenly enter a room with level 20 enemies whereas just outside you were on level 8 enemies. Wtf? There is no indication of what you will encounter next as well. Some people may like it but some warnings should be in order. There are also tons of bugs. I am mostly doing main missions as side missions are pretty boring tbh. Still trying to find Ice level 2 access
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:15 AM   #100
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think that is tied to the main missions, I never searched for cyberdeck upgrades, and I could open level 3 stuff by the end.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:02 AM   #101
KAC
It might be gays!

Oh really. I thought we had to find cyberdeck crap to open doors. Btw what level were you when you finished it?
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:09 AM   #102
Mangler
PC

I think I was 25 or 26 when I started the final quest.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 09:11 PM   #103
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Well the game is pretty entertaining. The shooting is fun with the right combinations of augs/weapons. The story is better than I expected and quite long for a game of this type. So far I'm 13hrs into it and still having fun. Graphics have already been covered, but the game has a heap of different looking areas and pretty huge spaces to explore. There is a lot of detail that it's almost a shame you blast through so quickly. It also has quite a few backdrop scenes that look like they'd be fun to shoot through but they're just backgrounds... Insane work by the level devs / artists.

Couple of bugs here and there. AI forget to attack sometimes, my ammo counter breaks quite often, got stuck on a ledge when doing a leap attack, tutorials keep coming up for some things. I think weapon skins are broken for me completely now. Quit doesn't work most of the time.

The game has a few minor difficulty spikes, most of them associated with defend this area type situations and it pours a lot of enemies at you. Pleasingly I shuffled my weapons/augs/tacticals around and found a few combos that allowed me to survive. Not a hard game.

Biggest intrinsic issue is probably the camera. It's not that bad and honestly probably a lot better than it should be given the multi-tier environments, foreground stuff etc. But still there are times when it gets in the way. Mostly it is when the camera focuses on different views and it compromises action a bit. Not a major issue and certainly not a reason to not play it since 95% of the time it is fine.
Yes, the camera would have been better if it was static (in one position). It is constantly moving and warping around giving some good viewpoints, and some...not so good. The zoom distance is too close for my liking too, but it's playable.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 09:16 PM   #104
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Yes, the camera would have been better if it was static (in one position). It is constantly moving and warping around giving some good viewpoints, and some...not so good. The zoom distance is too close for my liking too, but it's playable.
Much could have been solved by just putting zoom on the mouse wheel or something. I don't mind the "cinematic" angles that I occasionally got making it a side-scroller or other type of thing, but the FOV was so bad sometimes it was just awful. The UUE4U tool is good for fixing that, but damn... how easy could it have been to just have allowed us to adjust it on the fly.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 01:20 AM   #105
KAC
It might be gays!

The game can be quite frustrating at times. You really need to have upgraded weapons to fight. Also I have started putting points in evasion which is something I wasn’t doing and am a bit better. Worst fight was the spider thus far. However, I am done with the warrens quests and am moving to high street. Got a few sides available but not bothering because after the novelty wore off I wasn’t really enjoying the game anymore and music also became extremely repetitive. Would have preferred some more tracks and different weapons but it seems that initial launcher plus assault combo works well except when you have to use the energy rifle for metallic bosses.

Oh well for a free game can’t complain much and will definitely finish it but might not do all the sides.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 01:27 AM   #106
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

There are 30 tracks. Im surprised you find the music unfullfilling. Im listening to the sound track and its great, but then, i like synth rock/wave/game music.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 01:34 AM   #107
KAC
It might be gays!

Maybe the tracks are too same-y? I don’t know. It’s a decent game and a 7/10 from me. I have played worse so all good.

But the walking is really tedious and probably the worst part of the game. Like why couldn’t they connect metro lines / taxi across warrens and high street. Stuff like this whilst makes sense from a game world perspective but are useless complications in game design.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 01:38 AM   #108
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I disagree there. I find instant fast travel everywhere ruins the game experience for me. I have not gotten far enough into this to experience it fully yet, but i find older games that setup a single waypoint you can travel to in certain areas, and not let you travel instantly to them, tends to lead to a more atmospheric immersion.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 05:40 AM   #109
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it and mostly enjoyed it. Took 16 hrs and xbawks says I did like 90% of side missions. Don't have anymore to do so they must be somewhere out in the world?? Some side missions at the end were just travel back and forth, maybe do a bit of combat in between, but most of the time just walking about. Going back through early zones and one bullet kills enemies lol.

Difficulty spike right at the end for me. I was over the mission level and yet it was pretty tough. Couldn't go backwards so I had to just suck it up. Skipped passed a few enemies and readjusted augs to heal myself to victory. Kinda odd ending tbh and a bit flat.

Biggest issues for me camera, bugs, and side quests a bit bleh. I'd almost say world is too big and some travel routes get a bit boring. Maybe it needed more interactivity in the world. Maybe just more permanent changes in the world as well (like gang takeover stuff).

But i liked the combat, various augs are fun to use like leaping into dudes, or using the neutron beam, or stomp stasis, or sucking life from people. Levels look amazing, enemies are varied and pretty great, music is good although combat doesn't last long most of the time so you can't hear action music a lot. Pretty solid overall and worth playing for visuals and combat alone.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:22 AM   #110
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Got to admit, getting a little bored with the game already and I'm only like level 14. There's not much of a variety of enemies to kill. Just some melee monsters and then generic humans with guns. Moving around is too slow also. I know there are taxis and the train, but they only take you to places you've been to previously. New places can take a bit to get to as there is no sprint option, just diving.

For the matter, is there any indicator for the diving recharge (roll, whatever)? I know there's a stat you can upgrade to lower the cooldown but there is no indicator that I can see so I just kinda guess when it's ready.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Old Aug 2, 2021, 04:49 PM   #111
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
For the matter, is there any indicator for the diving recharge (roll, whatever)? I know there's a stat you can upgrade to lower the cooldown but there is no indicator that I can see so I just kinda guess when it's ready.
The circle under your character has little arrows that show you how many dodges you have available.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 04:51 PM   #112
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The circle under your character has little arrows that show you how many dodges you have available.
Oh! thats what they are. Thanks man!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 06:47 PM   #113
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Good-looking game and fun to play! Hopefully can iron out most of the major issues with a few patches and add some QoL changes.

I made my game a little darker overall by manually changing the gamma to 1.8 by adding the command to the engine.ini file in the user config files.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 06:59 PM   #114
demo
space cadet

Thanks ^ I'm finding it has a bit too much gamma as well and couldn't find option
Old Aug 2, 2021, 07:07 PM   #115
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Thanks ^ I'm finding it has a bit too much gamma as well and couldn't find option
Got the idea from one of the guides that was posted on Hardforum. It's the one that shows how to remove film grain.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/979690/guides/
Old Aug 2, 2021, 08:31 PM   #116
demo
space cadet

And film grain! You're a champion
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:17 AM   #117
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
And film grain! You're a champion
I can't stand film grain and chromatic aberration in games. I turn that crap off whenever it's possible to.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 09:41 AM   #118
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
I can't stand film grain and chromatic aberration in games. I turn that crap off whenever it's possible to.
This. I hate those effects in games.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 09:58 AM   #119
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
This. I hate those effects in games.
This, this.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:40 AM   #120
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
And motion blur, always turn it off as well as "depth of field". In most games depth of field just makes it blurry in awkward spots making it harder to see, best to leave it off.

~George Carlin