Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Default Bionic Commando Rearmed

Remake of the original 2d game in 3d for XBLA and PSN. As bad ass as that picture is it really needs to be seen in motion which the IGN preview includes.

IGN preview.

Due out in Spring the preview says. Can't wait.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:26 PM   #2
WilyCoder
Banned

WilyCoder is still being judged by the masses

Holy ****ing ****!!!
WilyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Blackvenom
Radeon R300

Blackvenom is still being judged by the masses

Holy Crap That Looks Awesome!

Last edited by Blackvenom : Jan 17, 2008 at 03:43 PM.
Blackvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:59 PM   #4
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

that looks very cool, specially the co-op
Old Jan 17, 2008, 05:04 PM   #5
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

orgasmic.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 05:32 PM   #6
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

g** damn that sux.

i need to buy an xbox just for live stuff , i don't care about the real games but all these small extras available are so nice.

edit: omg. they mentioned strider... could you imagine

Last edited by night : Jan 17, 2008 at 05:38 PM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 05:46 PM   #7
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They just don't make games like this anymore. I can't friggin wait!

Side-by-side comparisons from the video:

BACK IN '88 ON THE NES

FAST FORWARD 20 YEARS . . .

Seeing these images is one thing, but I think you definitely have to watch the videos to truly see the changes made to the game. The ragdoll physics add the most to it in my opinion, and the way everything flows so smoothly is just really impressive.

My favorite part in the video is when the player chucks a grenade towards a rocket soldier who is hiding behind cover. The soldier fires off a rocket just before the grenade explodes (sending him flying!) and the player hooks and pulls himself up to the ceiling in order to avoid the rocket that is still locked-on to him.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 05:55 PM   #8
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

when the hell is "spring" and why isn't it now?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:04 PM   #9
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
when the hell is "spring" and why isn't it now?
Spring is March through May.

(Thanks, Wiki.)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It is funny to see so many people get excited, who never played the game when it first came out to start with.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:14 PM   #11
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilee View Post
It is funny to see so many people get excited, who never played the game when it first came out to start with.
Damnit, you're right. Since I wasn't actually born before 1988 and therefore could not have played the game when it was originally released, I don't have the right to be excited about this new title.

Extra apologies extended to the "We're Oldschool, So Screw You" club.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:29 PM   #12
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I didnt mean anything like that. Its just funny, is all. People get excited from hype, about a game series that they never played. THe power of the hype mobile.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:43 PM   #13
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
I didnt mean anything like that. Its just funny, is all. People get excited from hype, about a game series that they never played. THe power of the hype mobile.
Can't argue with that. I think that judging by this footage, though, even someone who hasn't ever heard of Bionic Commando would be interested in playing it. It simply looks awesome. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I always sucked at the NES version. I remember going into the caves and having to fight all of these guys dropping in and always sucking it up at that part. It seems like there were platforms all over the place and elevators and everything but it's been a while. I do remember the very first section that they are showing in that trailer footage, though.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:14 PM   #14
WilyCoder
Banned

WilyCoder is still being judged by the masses

I played the **** out of the original, saved super joe many a time
WilyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:30 PM   #15
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I loved the original when i was little.

i hope its only a few bucks for the remake
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:56 PM   #16
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i wanna buy a x360 for the sole reason of live arcade
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:15 PM   #17
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
Go for it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...0arcadesystem/
Old Jan 18, 2008, 08:15 AM   #18
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

I love Bionic Commando. I hope this is as well done as the Prince of Persia remake. Speaking of remakes, I would love to see Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja with updated graphics. Man I loved that game!

Jim
Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
i played and owned the nes version, not quite sure who you are saying has never played it before.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:17 AM   #20
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
i played and owned the nes version, not quite sure who you are saying has never played it before.
Yeah, same here. I actually beat it to, which is more than I can say for a bulk of my nes games.

Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:30 AM   #21
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
It's coming out on PC and PS3 too...
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:24 PM   #22
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

the sequel is, but not this remake.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:36 PM   #23
tjf81
Radeon R520

tjf81 is still being judged by the masses

Man this game looks awsome. I loved the original. What i really wanna see is a remake of Battletoads.
tjf81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:44 PM   #24
Blackvenom
Radeon R300

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
the sequel is, but not this remake.
neg this is being released for XBLA/PSN/PC

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/846/846137p1.html

Last edited by Blackvenom : Jan 18, 2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 01:42 PM   #25
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

reading passed the first paragraph is a good start

Quote:
So when it was announced that the franchise was to return to gaming in the shape of a brand new all-singing, all-dancing instalment on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, the hearts of a whole generation of gamers were stirred.

Now though, we can reveal first details on Capcom's previously top secret cousin, Bionic Commando Rearmed - a downloadable remake and reimagining of the original classic, set to appear on both PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade
Old Jan 18, 2008, 02:11 PM   #26
Blackvenom
Radeon R300

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
reading passed the first paragraph is a good start
I did read it, but nm...I thought you were referring to it not coming to the PSN in your post...misreading on my part, sorry. It may have a PC version though cause there is mention of it in the neogaf forums, but probably just not confirmed:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229078

Last edited by Blackvenom : Jan 18, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 02:17 PM   #27
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjf81 View Post
Man this game looks awsome. I loved the original. What i really wanna see is a remake of Battletoads.
No. You'd have to pay me to try to go through that "speeder" level again. That thing was evil. That level almost made my little mind snap and force me to trash my NES Advantage in rage. Yes, I can remember what controller I was using to play that contemptible level it was that traumatizing.

Old Jan 18, 2008, 02:55 PM   #28
Deaderinred
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
No. You'd have to pay me to try to go through that "speeder" level again. That thing was evil. That level almost made my little mind snap and force me to trash my NES Advantage in rage. Yes, I can remember what controller I was using to play that contemptible level it was that traumatizing.
chances are it will come, rare are gonna be releasing alot of their games soon.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 02:58 PM   #29
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

They should remake both versions

The C64 conversion of the arcade game is a classic, especially with Tim Follin's tunes.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 03:22 PM   #30
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

if someone does this for Blaster Master i swear i will buy an xbox just for it