Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old May 31, 2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Phayder

Phayder is still being judged by the masses

Default Radeon HD 5870 DVI To Component possible?

On my ATI Radeon HD 5870 is there a way to split the DVI to component(red, blue, green, u know for HD video) so i can hook it up to my TV?
Phayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Don't know if RGB/component signals are in the DVI spec. so the question is if it is at all possible to just use an adapter for that or you need an active converter/adapter which would set you back quite a bit. DVI is a digital standard, component is still analog...
Old May 31, 2010, 10:08 AM   #3
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

did a little quick and dirty google search and it seems some ATi cards are capable of doing this. the lists I see though are quite old models so I have no idea if this is still supported on newer models
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 31, 2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Phayder

Phayder is still being judged by the masses

Thing is, i dont have over 100$ for a adapter like that, i was hoping there would be a way with one of those 10$ dongles.

What about HDMI>component dongle?
Phayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 05:18 PM   #5
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

I'm sorry, but I can't reall y help you any further then to point you in the direction you could search. don't have that card myself and no display with component input. I know component=>HDMI requires an active adapter and as far as I can find the same goes for the other way around.

Best option you have is contact ATi if the DVI=>component adapter still works on the 5870 or find someone here who owns everything to test it out, or take a gamble and return the cable if it doesn't work. I have seen posts on the web though that some settings need to be changed for it to work right on older radeon cards, so try that if you take the gamble on buying the cable...
Old May 31, 2010, 10:07 PM   #6
Spiritwalker
If you could see me now

Spiritwalker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't reall y help you any further then to point you in the direction you could search. don't have that card myself and no display with component input. I know component=>HDMI requires an active adapter and as far as I can find the same goes for the other way around.

Best option you have is contact ATi if the DVI=>component adapter still works on the 5870 or find someone here who owns everything to test it out, or take a gamble and return the cable if it doesn't work. I have seen posts on the web though that some settings need to be changed for it to work right on older radeon cards, so try that if you take the gamble on buying the cable...
there are these
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2