Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 15, 2021, 06:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Good wireless mouse

Looking for.

I just destroyed my zowie with a static discharge to the left click.

Thats after destroying my Xtrfy mx4 with a one time drop to the floor a few months ago.

I want tough like zowie which fell dozens of times over the years but wireless to mitigate that winter dry air static issue that keep spoofing my usb ports. Is light and can run standard aa or aaa batts.

I use a small wireless logitech on the htpc and it seems fine battery life wise tho not sure it can survive a drop to the floor but is there better out there? Bluetooth for good and hopefully low latency connectivity.

Back on the deathadder for now but the nylon wire is even worse for static discharge...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2021, 09:55 PM   #2
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why do you have static discharge?

I only buy Logitech mice since they always come through. I use a G502 but there is a wireless version of it. Other options are G703 which is cheaper and very light. Works like a champ as well. If you are feeling exotic or have tiny pussy hands then a G903 is pretty good.

Any other brand of mice has never worked for me. Razer can go eat a dick. The new Zowie or other crap I have never used so can’t comment.

YGWYPF.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:03 PM   #3
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I explored a couple of Corsair mice before landing on the Logitech G703, and it's absolutely amazing. Definitely recommend it. Great quality, feels good, and light weight. Battery lasts ages if you disable the lame RGB.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:12 PM   #4
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Why do you have static discharge?

I only buy Logitech mice since they always come through. I use a G502 but there is a wireless version of it. Other options are G703 which is cheaper and very light. Works like a champ as well. If you are feeling exotic or have tiny pussy hands then a G903 is pretty good.

Any other brand of mice has never worked for me. Razer can go eat a dick. The new Zowie or other crap I have never used so can’t comment.

YGWYPF.
Low humidity in winter up here currently 15%... and Im not a fan of using humidifiers that fog/frost up windows.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:41 PM   #5
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I explored a couple of Corsair mice before landing on the Logitech G703, and it's absolutely amazing. Definitely recommend it. Great quality, feels good, and light weight. Battery lasts ages if you disable the lame RGB.
2 votes for logitech and its been ages since I havent bought one for the main rig... they used to have this reset thing long ago where it pointed upwards and spun so I moved on to other brands... I really like the little logitech m325 on the htpc.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:12 AM   #6
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Been using this badboy and bought some rechargeable batteries for it. Love it and has a great feel around the hands.

https://www.logitech.com/en-ch/produ...s-gaming-mouse

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:15 PM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

This logitech 525 is the big brother of the 325 I use on the htpc so will see how the connectivity runs and if its good Ill see about a pricier model. Doesnt need to be perfect, I know some have 1 ms latencies, and while I cant see what the latency is on this one it seems to use the same kind of wireless tech.

The range of logitech models is kind of wild.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:56 PM   #8
stormy13
Radeon R600

stormy13 is still being judged by the masses

Another vote for Logitech. Been using this one for the past 6 months,

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/prod...10-005280.html

and just replaced the original battery a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 03:58 PM   #9
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Been using this badboy and bought some rechargeable batteries for it. Love it and has a great feel around the hands.

https://www.logitech.com/en-ch/produ...s-gaming-mouse
that looks interesting, although i'd never ever use the sidebuttons. Aside from that it looks very comfy.

as for the topic: Another vote for the G903 or G502, depending on what you prefer. Also, if you want a very very light mouse maybe consider the Razer Lancehead (i know some people hate Razer, but this mouse is actually really good)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Last edited by Silent-Runner : Mar 17, 2021 at 04:06 PM.
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:53 PM   #10
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Not bad price for that logitech gaming mouse stormy... Many are closer to 100$ . Ill have to check it out.

The lancerhead does look good. Im back on the old deathadder right now as my last gaming mouse. I do like razer overall so should consider them as well and wont have to wonder about latencies there at all.

This newer model from them looks even better:

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Ultimat...p_ob_title_def

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 18, 2021, 05:45 PM   #11
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
that looks interesting, although i'd never ever use the sidebuttons. Aside from that it looks very comfy.

as for the topic: Another vote for the G903 or G502, depending on what you prefer. Also, if you want a very very light mouse maybe consider the Razer Lancehead (i know some people hate Razer, but this mouse is actually really good)
It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used, and I rarely use anymore than two of the buttons myself.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:18 AM   #12
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Logitech G703, FTW!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:21 AM   #13
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I'm partial to the G305, G603, and G602 (depending on what shape you want). They actually have long battery life which means you can use them with standard rechargeable batteries and don't need either a charging mat, or have to plug them every other day.

G602 doesn't last as long as the others, but it lasts at least two weeks with two AA rechargeables. G305 and G603 last literally months. They are good mice in terms of function, too, but the best aspect of them is not having to charge very often.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2021, 09:24 PM   #14
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Im liking the 525 logi wireless here and only had it 2 days. They claim a whopping 3 years on 2 aa batts. It a bit heavy but Id take a one aa batt with a year or so of life in a higher end wireless mouse. Im really surprised how good the lag is. I had tried some MS wireles mice and they were pretty bad with dropouts and lag. But that was some years ago.

Ill keep running this basic 525 and then spring for a bit more gamer Logitech model in a few weeks.

Really impressed what logitech has done here even with their low end mice.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:58 AM   #15
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Asks for suggestions. Buys one that wasn’t recommended.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:14 PM   #16
pax
Rage3D Spammer

true dat

Im cheap like that will often try the cheapest version of the tech before splunking on a pricey model. So far so good tho on the 525 and the G603 seems to be the best one for me without to many buttons and an easy way to disable the dpi button on top...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 30, 2021, 02:45 AM   #17
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Asks for suggestions. Buys one that wasn’t recommended.

that's the (rage3d) way ..... i have spoken

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:28 PM   #18
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
that's the (rage3d) way ..... i have spoken
Tru.dat
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2021, 05:55 PM   #19
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

I replaced an mx518 that I loved with a g502 because it was supposedly the closest thing and I love it. (Of course, they have now started making the mx518 again)

On the wireless side, I bought a g903 because I saw a lot of reviews refer to it as performing like a g502. It sits in the box and now they have a wireless g502 for the same price but I can’t bring myself to spend that much again when I already have the 903.

Now that I’m done crying, I would suggest a G502 lightspeed. The 502 is great, I have given a few as gifts and so far everyone I’ve given one to has thought it was easily the best gaming mouse they’ve used.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:11 PM   #20
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I replaced an mx518 that I loved with a g502 because it was supposedly the closest thing and I love it. (Of course, they have now started making the mx518 again)

On the wireless side, I bought a g903 because I saw a lot of reviews refer to it as performing like a g502. It sits in the box and now they have a wireless g502 for the same price but I can’t bring myself to spend that much again when I already have the 903.

Now that I’m done crying, I would suggest a G502 lightspeed. The 502 is great, I have given a few as gifts and so far everyone I’ve given one to has thought it was easily the best gaming mouse they’ve used.
This dude knows what’s up.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 04:47 AM   #21
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
for a ~ 120/130 € mouse it better BE good

Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:27 PM   #22
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Big tech reviewer does a number on wireless gaming mice and no surprise logitech shows up a lot.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 13, 2021, 08:02 AM   #23
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The Superlight seems to be popular with pros. It also tops Rocket Jump Ninja's list.

Also, Optimum's aim is ridiculous!

I've got a Razer Viper (the regular one) now. With this cable, I don't see the point of going wireless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:

Last edited by metroidfox : Apr 13, 2021 at 10:17 AM.
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:14 PM   #24
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Would love a wireless version of the Pulsar:

Also rocket jump designed a mouse for Xtrfy:

Interesting design... didnt have a good experience with my xtfry tho I would avoid the brand.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 26, 2021, 04:33 PM   #25
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Update settled on the G305 on sale in white. Wanna try that infinite scroll wheel some are bragging about. Its half the typical price of some of the top gaming mice at around 60$ so hope it delivers. If not Ill migrate to 603 land in a few months...

www.realitysandwich.com