Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Question Anyone using TVersity?

http://tversity.com/

I'm thinking about trying it to solve a problem I'm having with caveboy sr's setup - he has Vista Ultimate PC with VMC configured as an extender to his Xbox360. The VMC is also watching my music and movies shares on my NAS, a Buffalo Terastation Pro. The XBOX360 can see the shares in its MCE view, but not any content - no files, folders, nothing. I thought this was because they are user protected, but even enabling the guest account didn't change anything.

TVersity looks to be able to solve that, through re-presenting them to the XBOX360. I'm not sure if it means I'll have to delete the current extender pairing and make a new one with the TVersity server, if I install it on his PC. I also found a possible registry fix for the issue (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...post&p=4174381) - I had already done the second one to get the Vista PC to see the Terastation shares, anyway.

Anyone any experience with TVersity?
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I use tversity with my PS3.
but i dont know much about it haha

i just fired it up.. selected a folder to share about 50gb of movies music and photos..

went to the other room where my ps3 was
and it was already showing on there, just clicked it and started watching on the ps3.

i can use mutiple things to share ont eh ps3.. so i would expect the 360 to work the same..
just fire up tversity and it will show on the 360..
maybe post it in the console forum?
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:13 PM   #3
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

thanks dude, appreciate the reply
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 18, 2008, 09:45 AM   #4
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

caveman, have you tried TVersity yet, and if so, how is it?

My M-I-L got the kids a Wii, and apparently TVersity will stream to it, but only at so-so quality (and only 2-ch stereo ). I'm trying to decide what room the Wii is going in, might be useful to stream old movies, cartoons and vhs rips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:10 AM   #5
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I've been using tversity ever since I got my PS3 at launch. Since they added xvid/divx support I haven't used the transcoding at all though.

I mostly just use it to transfer files.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:15 AM   #6
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

So, this will allow me to stream DivX through my Xbox 360?
Does it work like Media Center?
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:30 PM   #7
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Does it work like Media Center?
1)Yes
2) I think so, but I am not sure. With tversity you can stream/share/and transcode. I have Media Center on my laptop, but I have never used it.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:02 PM   #8
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
I read their guide for doing it through the Wii, didn't read this one for the 360:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...0_tversity.cfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:01 AM   #9
Dreven
Rage3D Veteran

Dreven is still being judged by the masses

Hmm... You have to disable UAC in Vista (or so says the installer). I'm not sure what I think about that. UAC is annoying but it makes me feel safer.
Dreven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:04 AM   #10
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
caveman, have you tried TVersity yet, and if so, how is it?

My M-I-L got the kids a Wii, and apparently TVersity will stream to it, but only at so-so quality (and only 2-ch stereo ). I'm trying to decide what room the Wii is going in, might be useful to stream old movies, cartoons and vhs rips.
Not yet, as I got dual-display in SLI working, so he can just extend his desktop on to his TV and play stuff that way.

Still considering installing it somewhere.