Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:31 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Thinking about building a second rig again

So I bought a Palit 3070 today for 1072 bucks to mine. Adding both cards to my rig increased the earning but brings down the hash rate from about 150 that it should be to 110 that it is. After research it is because AMD has shitty PCIe lanes.

Now I am thinking of quickly throwing a rig together and am left with 2 choices.

1) Intel 10600K w/ Z490 motherboard
2) AMD 3600 w/ X570 motherboard

I tried looking at Z460 and B550 boards but price difference is like 30 bucks each. That is like a trip to a pizza place here so I don’t care about downgrading the motherboard.

Options I have narrowed down are:
Asrock Z490 Phantom
Or
ASUS X570 PLUS wifi

Both are solid choices. All benches show 3600 to be 6-8% slower at 1440P. However there is a cost difference. I need to decide this weekend as there is a sale on the egg.

What do you guys think? I really should’ve picked up the second rig with a 5600X when I had the chance. Totally bummed out that I didn’t do that.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 13, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:49 AM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You paid $1k for a ****ing 3070.

HAHAHAHAHA
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:52 AM   #3
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

😆 @ nunz.

Will the be a mining rig? Gaming rig for son? Both?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:53 AM   #4
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Both.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:23 AM   #5
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I take charitable donations in form of paypal thanks.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:34 AM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Both.
How much more is Intel option.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:48 PM   #7
KAC
It might be gays!

About $100.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 05:59 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I thought you were unhappy with your AMD setup? Why not wait until 11000 series releases and just put something together then? You're probably going to anyway, so getting a second rig up and running right now seems kind of silly to me.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:09 PM   #9
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I thought you were unhappy with your AMD setup? Why not wait until 11000 series releases and just put something together then? You're probably going to anyway, so getting a second rig up and running right now seems kind of silly to me.
I am not unhappy with my AMD setup at all. On the contrary after spending some time with it I am pretty happy with it.