Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 18, 2021, 01:06 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So gay what it like?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2021, 08:11 AM   #32
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So gay what it like?
Not in yet (the cooler). It’ll be here Monday. I’ll take a few install pics.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:55 AM   #33
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
So my case arrived yesterday.

It's so huge, before I work on it I tie off a belaying rope and pack a sandwich in case I get lost. Jeeze!
Considering the size of that 420mm cooler youll need it lol. Just saw a pict of that man vs my 240.

Gigantimus rex. But anything beats having that massive tower of fins over the cpu.

Honestly for that size of a rad you should be able to expand gpu cooling on it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:55 AM   #34
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Considering the size of that 420mm cooler youll need it lol. Just saw a pict of that man vs my 240.

Gigantimus rex. But anything beats having that massive tower of fins over the cpu.

Honestly for that size of a rad you should be able to expand gpu cooling on it.
Yep. He's a chonker. Gonna have fun with it. Also bought a tube of the new MX5. Gonna spread it like peanut butter on a cracker!
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:19 PM   #35
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yep. He's a chonker. Gonna have fun with it. Also bought a tube of the new MX5. Gonna spread it like peanut butter on a cracker!
Are you gonna try push pull with arctic fans or other fans on it? Im curious to see how that changes things.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 18, 2021, 01:01 PM   #36
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Are you gonna try push pull with arctic fans or other fans on it? Im curious to see how that changes things.
[Speaking to you from in side the Fractal Design Meshify 2XL] Nah, just stock. That is one reason I bought it and the case though: room to grow/overclock. Oh, look! Another room!
Old Mar 19, 2021, 03:38 AM   #37
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

There's no way you'd want to run a GPU and CPU off a single thin 420mm rad. That would not go well at all

I wouldn't bother with push-pull. The thin rads like those on an AIO really don't benefit much and you just end up making more noise in the case.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:31 AM   #38
pax
Rage3D Spammer

38 mm not that thin its 1 cm thicker than my CM ML 240. And I got ~5c better with push pull. We see 120-240 mm rads used in cooling gpus very well so.

I think I might grab this myself and play around with it...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 19, 2021, 01:01 PM   #39
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
38 mm not that thin its 1 cm thicker than my CM ML 240. And I got ~5c better with push pull. We see 120-240 mm rads used in cooling gpus very well so.

Old Mar 19, 2021, 05:55 PM   #40
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

38mm is thin as **** in the grand scheme of radiators man

If you achieved that much better temps, then the fans you're using were not pushing much air and the help of push/pull was due to a lack of static pressure.

I've thrown 6 A12x25s on my EVGA CLC and it doesn't do anything besides more fans running

240mm hybrid coolers struggle with the 3080. The 120mm hybrid cooler for the 2080ti was not able to handle sustained loads after an hour; water temps just skyrocket because the rad gets heatsoaked.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 19, 2021, 06:28 PM   #41
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

38-45mm rads are medium thickness rads, thick are 55-60mm, THICK rads are 80mm+.

Slim rads are 30 and below.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2021, 06:40 PM   #42
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Is your 3090 under water Mangler?
Old Mar 19, 2021, 07:34 PM   #43
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Technically yes, I just put an ek block on it.

I got to tidy this **** out,

before actually bringing it online.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 07:51 PM   #44
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Nice

What's the case?

Thinking about throwing this 3090 and 11900k under water using 2 x slim 360 and 1 x medium 360. The non XL O11 Dynamic is quite a tight squeeze with 3x 360 rads and res/pump combo though.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 08:48 PM   #45
Mangler
PC

It's a phanteks enthoo 719/luxe 2.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 08:59 PM   #46
demo
space cadet

I like it, is this the model?

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...nthracite-grey

Just measured the depth of my case, I don't think the FTW3 water block will fit.. Might jump on that Phanteks case and a 480 rad if I go water.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:00 PM   #47
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I'd grab the Phanteks Pro2 over the 719. Better airflow from the front panel. The 719 is a great case regardless though; I debated between that one and the Lian Li.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:34 PM   #48
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s a lot of rad, Mang.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:27 AM   #49
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That’s a lot of rad, Mang.
The more RADs that you have the more quiet you can run the fans.

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2021, 02:13 PM   #50
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Okay, so the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 arrived. The shipping company just parked the truck in the yard asking me to return it once I remove it from the shipping crate.

Jeeze! This thing is huge! I'll send more pics tonight, but here's a chart for science:

*Please note: KAK's mum is in black so she appears slimmer than she actually is.

I shall return.

Last edited by mizzer : Mar 24, 2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 09:57 PM   #51
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

No one? No one?

Just me? ...
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:10 PM   #52
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Processor

Quote:

No one? No one?

Just me? ...
I'm waiting on of yer big honker gai :3

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:36 PM   #53
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I was gonna grab one but the prices up here for these are crazy bananas. They want ~350$ CAD for it. I couldve bought 2 Ice Giants for that price.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:38 PM   #54
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Good news for you arctic fans:

https://www.techpowerup.com/280087/a...zer-ii-coolers

Quote:
Starting today, all water coolers from the Liquid Freezer II Series will come with a a six-year guarantee from the date of purchase. This extended warranty also applies retroactively to all LF II coolers that have already been purchased. Outstanding cooling performance through liquid cooling without the complexity of conventional CPU water coolers: since entering the market, our all-in-one series Liquid Freezer II has been winning over hardware enthusiasts and independent tech reviewers worldwide. After numerous awards for performance, price and downtime, with the extension to 6 years the Liquid Freezer II now also sets the highest standards in terms of warranty length. The high quality of the built-in components as well as the excellent results of our long-term testing give us the assurance that the premium water cooler series, in addition to their strong performance, are also outstanding in quality and reliability. We are happy to share this reassurance with our customers.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Mar 24, 2021, 08:31 AM   #55
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Ver-nice'a

Sorry I've been late on pics. All components are still sitting in their boxes. The Mrs. and I watched Zach's Justice League over two nights. I'll get to the build soon.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 04:00 PM   #56
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Ver-nice'a

Sorry I've been late on pics. All components are still sitting in their boxes. The Mrs. and I watched Zach's Justice League over two nights. I'll get to the build soon.
2 Nights? Amateur!

Last edited by Nascar24 : Mar 24, 2021 at 08:04 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2021, 04:27 PM   #57
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

No one? No one?

Just me? ...
Would you mind deleting the pic please? We're trying to keep the mum stuff out of the hardware forums.

Thanks.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2021, 06:26 PM   #58
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Would you mind deleting the pic please? We're trying to keep the mum stuff out of the hardware forums.

Thanks.
Fine. But it was funny right? Right.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 07:34 PM   #59
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Fine. But it was funny right? Right.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2021, 08:49 PM   #60
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

So, it begins (sort 'a)

I'm really just planning my build. But, here are the pics:

I got the smoked glass version. I don't mind RGB but I like it muted.

The Fractal Design Meshify 2XL is built to appeal to those who want to install custom closed loops. IMO, it would be a dream to build one inside one of these beauties.

This is the back from inside. Plenty of cable management options (you'll see those throughout the pictures. Also, a nice backplate cutout for the mobo. That's a 14cm Fractal Fan. I hear they're really quiet.

Moving to the front: more 14cm fans. That smaller side panel can be removed.

In the basement, a PSU shroud that can also be removed and more cable management. This will be my 3rd Fractal Build for myself. One reason I keep coming back to them is cable management. The other is build quality.
See those cut-out pieces on the bottom? I can remove them and will. I decided to mount the Arctic 420 on the front. I'd like to be able to have the tubes on the bottom but I'm not sure it will work. We'll see.

Here's the back. See those pins in the upper right? More fan headers. There's a thin one that runs between the back cover and the motherboard plate. tons of room for cable management! I plan to make this side really messy.

"What's in the box?! What's in the box?!" The fridge! She's beastly. Notice it's packed with MX4. I'm not using MX4. I have a new tube of MX5!

Packaging is nothing to write home about. But, Arctic is kind of built on "no nonsense" performance. The packaging lives up to its tradition.

Out of the box!

Here they are... eager to come together. Hopefully the build happens this weekend.

More to come.